What's new

2011 draft.....

Not sure if I explained it right, but here's an example. Not sure if Toronto got a TPE for Bosh, but say they did. We trade #12 and Al to them for the #5. We get Kanter or DWill at #3 and at #5 we take Knight or Walker. Does anyone have KOC's digits? I think I'm on to something here.

That's really not a bad idea, but Toronto still has to want to take on $13 million/year for Al Jefferson. Sure, they're getting him for good value, relatively speaking, but if you don't win and sell tickets, then $13 million/year is a soaking.

but, still, it's a good idea. Rep is coming your way.

EDIT: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to margodydek again.

EDIT #2: Toronto has a $9 million trade exemption for Bosh. Not enough to absorb Jefferson.... that means the tricky rules of combining it in a trade are in play. I don't remember them off of the top of my head.

Just my opinion here, so don't kill me, but I think Kemba's more of a PG than Knight.

My point is walker is a point that is shoot first and shorter than Ben Gordon and plays like him, and might be shorter than Ben Gordon. Walker is stuck at point.

Knight on the other hand is 6-3 6-4 and can more easily play both positions with his height.

^ same link. See Hamilton as the #1 SF in the draft. He's gonna rise. I think he might not be there at #12, which might push down a player like Burks.

btw, he has Williams as a PF

My point is walker is a point that is shoot first and shorter than Ben Gordon and plays like him, and might be shorter than Ben Gordon. Walker is stuck at point.

Knight on the other hand is 6-3 6-4 and can more easily play both positions with his height.

I think Walker is a better PG than most give him credit for. His role on the team was to score 1st, not facilitate.

I think Walker is a better PG than most give him credit for. His role on the team was to score 1st, not facilitate.

Ford says (i know, i know) Kemba was great at the Fiba WC. Apparently he was owning some of the pros and distributing quite well. He thinks he's the most NBA ready PG in the draft.

That's really not a bad idea, but Toronto still has to want to take on $13 million/year for Al Jefferson. Sure, they're getting him for good value, relatively speaking, but if you don't win and sell tickets, then $13 million/year is a soaking.

but, still, it's a good idea. Rep is coming your way.

EDIT: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to margodydek again.

EDIT #2: Toronto has a $9 million trade exemption for Bosh. Not enough to absorb Jefferson.... that means the tricky rules of combining it in a trade are in play. I don't remember them off of the top of my head.

Cleveland i believe has around a 15 million trade exception for James. Change team to Cleveland?

Agree 100%. I went back and watched what I could of Kemba and he totally passes the eye-ball test for me. I remember watching him during the season and he always passed the eye-ball test for me back then as well. I really think he's going to be able to get wherever he wants on the court, which is why I would have him ahead of Knight. As of right now, it looks like Knight's going to struggle getting by his man and getting into the paint. Not that he can't get there, but right now Kemba's better. Alright, lay it on me Knight fans.

Ford says (i know, i know) Kemba was great at the Fiba WC. Apparently he was owning some of the pros and distributing quite well. He thinks he's the most NBA ready PG in the draft.

I agree with him being the most NBA ready. I also think he has the most limited ceiling. Only time will tell.

I must admit being that I'm not much of a college fan so I really haven't seen him play much exept YouTube. He just comes off to me as a Ben Gordon type, but he does have star quality and can put a team on his back. If he can prove he can be a true point I'd be all for taking him over Knight.

Also, with all th concerns over Knight's assists numbers ... Kemba only averaged .3 more per game and is two years older. Also, Kemba lacks range on his shot (33% from college 3). I'm not crazy about a junior that is undersized and lacks shooting range. Problematic for the offense if the defender can play back off of him (both because of size and shooting). But that's just me.

I find this funny as well. Also, If you look at assists, turnovers, and a/to with Knight and Irving, and they are nearly identical. We have seen so little of Irving and there is so little talent in this draft that everyone is completely overhyping him. He is and probably will be very good, but I have yet to see anything that shows he has more potential than Knight.

Enes Kanter's pro potential
May, 25, 2011
By Fran Fraschilla

edited by moderator: posting insider content is against forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:
Enes Kanter's pro potential
May, 25, 2011
By Fran Fraschilla

Edited: Posting insider content is against forum rules

very nice article, thank you. but i think it's strange that al horford is described as the 'best-case-scenario'. al horford seems like a realistic case to me for enes, but not the best case. seems like fraschilla doesn't know the difference between best case, realistic case and worst case... but the article is well done and i agree on everything. seems like kanters athleticizm and mobility will be enough solid to play the four position, as i expected. now it's up to koc to pick this 20-10 player, but still, i think the sixers or wizards might trade up and take him before us, as for example the second pick. there is still a possibility that kanter will be the first pick, we have to wait and see what his workouts will look like, but he's a beast and there is a very realistic chance that he will be picked as the first player in this draft. if i was cleveland, as fraschilla mentioned, i would think twice before i make a decision between irving and kanter. both are all-star caliber players but kanter has the better chance to become an all-star in 2-3 years, while irving has great competition as rondo, rose and so on at the point guard position. if everything works out as expected, kanter will become one of the top big men within years, even if i'am biased, that's a very realistic scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
On which of the 250+ pages does it say, why not reach for Kawhi Leonard? Could be the best wing in this draft. He could be one of those guys ranked top 10, not top 3, but has the physical tools to be a really good pro.

On which of the 250+ pages does it say, why not reach for Kawhi Leonard? Could be the best wing in this draft. He could be one of those guys ranked top 10, not top 3, but has the physical tools to be a really good pro.

I think Chad Ford has this tattooed on his lower back. Kawhi says it looks cute. Then, Chad blushes and starts talking about his BIG BIG hands.

expect him to become the next thabo sefolosha, or a slightly better thabo.

Sorry, are you saying we should draft Leonard at 3? Ok.

I think Chad Ford has this tattooed on his lower back. Kawhi says it looks cute. Then, Chad blushes and starts talking about his BIG BIG hands.

For all the bashing of Ford even according to Givony at DX he had the most accurate mock draft last year. So yes he got a little crazy over one good workout, but Ford is right on a lot things.

Sorry, are you saying we should draft Leonard at 3? Ok.

no, he says he could be a top ten player. i also see him between the 8 and 14 spot. i think what he wants to say is that we have to consider him with the 12th pick if he is available.