What's new

2013 JazzFanz Forum Awards

...I love your concept as well as your format! Very creative and interesting! I've been laying dormant for a few months, for reasons I won't get into right now, but decided to browse the Jazzfanz site today and was very impressed with this thread! I suspect I would or should get some votes for MVP, Coach of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year! If I could have figured out how to get my "bounce the basketball off the knot-heads head" avatar to work....I would have gotten a few votes for that as well! Since you didn't have a category of "Poster (Player) you have on your side....that you wish was on the other side" I would have been an overwhelming favorite to win that one! Anyway, a lot of the posters on this site are EXCELLENT writers with both wit and basketball knowledge that rivals anything ESPN can put out! When does the season start, anyway? NFL starts this week....and my Falcons have a tough one on the road to start out with in N.Orleans! But we play 4 of our first 6 at home....so I'd be satisfied with a 3-3 record after the first 6 games! My Braves are doing well and should have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs! Haven't posted for a while so I'm combining a few things here.....but back to the Jazz and basketball!

^^^^^ all star poster right there..... if he don't win mvp then I will have to quit jazzfanz

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];650879 said:
It's really saying something when Carolinajazz adds 10X the intrigue to a thread. I hope he trolls the **** outta this one.

CJ might not be a true 6th man; he's like that 8th/9th guy off the bench. He's consistent - you know exactly what you're going to get from him every time he posts. Not a star, but maybe he can be the "veteran" leader in the locker room, trying to teach rookies the ropes, keeping them away from hopper ball and jailhouse tats. I did like his old avatar.

...I love your concept as well as your format! Very creative and interesting! I've been laying dormant for a few months, for reasons I won't get into right now, but decided to browse the Jazzfanz site today and was very impressed with this thread! I suspect I would or should get some votes for MVP, Coach of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year! If I could have figured out how to get my "bounce the basketball off the knot-heads head" avatar to work....I would have gotten a few votes for that as well! Since you didn't have a category of "Poster (Player) you have on your side....that you wish was on the other side" I would have been an overwhelming favorite to win that one! Anyway, a lot of the posters on this site are EXCELLENT writers with both wit and basketball knowledge that rivals anything ESPN can put out! When does the season start, anyway? NFL starts this week....and my Falcons have a tough one on the road to start out with in N.Orleans! But we play 4 of our first 6 at home....so I'd be satisfied with a 3-3 record after the first 6 games! My Braves are doing well and should have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs! Haven't posted for a while so I'm combining a few things here.....but back to the Jazz and basketball!

Hmm, there's something missing in this post. I wonder what it is!

CJ might not be a true 6th man; he's like that 8th/9th guy off the bench. He's consistent - you know exactly what you're going to get from him every time he posts. Not a star, but maybe he can be the "veteran" leader in the locker room, trying to teach rookies the ropes, keeping them away from hopper ball and jailhouse tats. I did like his old avatar.

There were so few posts of CJ that I didn't like. I generally enjoy his posts.

...thanks for the compliment! I've always enjoyed your posts as well! Exactly what did you say in most of them that I liked? My memory is failing me in my old age! But I believe you supported solid team ball, fundamentals, no chest bumping, the less ink the better, pick and rolls, screens set off the ball, not going hog wild on 3 point attempts...
especially when you don't have a player that can make more than 25% of them!

I haven't gotten as many PMs as I thought I would have. Make sure you guys get your votes in before midnight Saturday!

I haven't gotten as many PMs as I thought I would have. Make sure you guys get your votes in before midnight Saturday!

Just out of interest, have I gotten any votes?

If not I think I need to start creating some alts... LOL!!!

Back