What's new

2015 NBA Draft Lottery

Isn't that the celtics mascot? How does that help the Jazz?

I say send Don Stockton.
Don is only interested in saving u money. #1 pick is more expensive then #12 pick
Aren't the Jazz the only team to never have the #1 pick? Since hopefully this is Utah's last year in the lottery for a long time, I think they are due.

I think we had the #1 pick the year we traded it to LA. Ended up being Magic, and another year didn't we select the human highlight film then sold him for cash or was he the third pick? Don't remember.

Karl Malone would not say that. Karl Malone knows cause Karl Malone is me, Karl Malone. Karl Malone wanna trade up to the 3rd pick. Karl Malone knows only good players get the third pick. Karl Malone will give you example. Karl Malone believed Mister Enes Kantle was drafted number 3 and he was good for da jazz. Karl Malone also know Domino Wilkins got drafted number 3 by the Jazz and he made the All Star team 9 times, Karl Malone knows the number 3 Pick for the Jazz is always good. Especially because none of these last two players did any good fur da Jazz!

Don is only interested in saving u money. #1 pick is more expensive then #12 pick

I think we had the #1 pick the year we traded it to LA. Ended up being Magic, and another year didn't we select the human highlight film then sold him for cash or was he the third pick? Don't remember.
The Magic pick was traded as compensation for signing Gail Goodrich. Dominique was the 3rd overall pick 3 years later.

Jazz also had the rights to Moses Malone and traded him to get the rights to one of their picks lost for Goodrich back.

Moses Malone. Magic Johnson. Adrian Dantley. Dominique Wilkins.

The Magic pick was traded as compensation for signing Gail Goodrich. Dominique was the 3rd overall pick 3 years later.

Jazz also had the rights to Moses Malone and traded him to get the rights to one of their picks lost for Goodrich back.

Moses Malone. Magic Johnson. Adrian Dantley. Dominique Wilkins.

This is depressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is depressing

Just for discussion sake....

would you say that is more or less depressing than whiffing on the 2011 draft?

Is it more or less depressing than watching former Jazzmen Demare, Milsap and Korver (who the Jazz just let walk away for nothing) lead their team to conference finals?

No, but ask me again in thirty years

At the same time Millsap and Carroll will never be the iconic figures those others are either. So not the same thing. Plus I don't feel that bad about losing Millsap or Korver. But it does suck to not have Carroll. It's sad that I knew what we had and yet Corbin couldn't seem to find any regular mins for him and the Jazz barely lifted a finger to resign Carroll.

Yep. Losing Carroll made me sad. I could understand Millsap, just because there was some friction between him and the team and his salary would have messed up their attempt at adding assets with the GSW trade. But keeping Carroll was cheap, he loved it here AND he was a fan favorite. Those are the guys you keep - even when you're tanking.

I, for one, am just glad Utah did NOT continue trying to build around the team with Jefferson. And as much as I like Millsap, I'm more than happy to have the best defensive front court in the NBA. Come playoff time, size matters. It's going to be fun when other teams are having trouble dealing with our size up front in the playoffs, instead of vice versa. Time to stop looking backward with regret and instead be grateful for the best defensive foundation in the league of Favors/Gobert. Sky is the limit, my friends. Utah gonna shock da world.

Honestly, of all these examples of "depressing" things, the only one that has ever bothered me is Carroll. The others all happened for reasons I understand. That DMC one I just don't get.

Honestly, of all these examples of "depressing" things, the only one that has ever bothered me is Carroll. The others all happened for reasons I understand. That DMC one I just don't get.

He would have made the team too good and we wouldn't have been bad enough to grab Exum.

I always loved Demarre. He dropped 25 pts. 10 Reb. the other night. Really happy for him.

How exactly did us losing him go down? What was the thought process for letting him go and what would have kept him here?

He would have made the team too good and we wouldn't have been bad enough to grab Exum.
That might be true in retrospect, but at the time he left he was not the player he has become... so are you saying we knew he was going to get pretty good and we didn't want that because of the rebuild? Seems like an unlikely thought process.

I always loved Demarre. He dropped 25 pts. 10 Reb. the other night. Really happy for him.

How exactly did us losing him go down? What was the thought process for letting him go and what would have kept him here?

There were probably a couple lines of thought. His 3 point shot was very shaky the last year here and at 26 was he really going to get much better?
His defense was solid, but routinely got overpowered by bigger SFs. Then there is the "Budenholzer" effect, whose system turned a career 34 year old role player (Korver) into an all star.
Demarre is a decent player, but we shouldn't overpay and go after him.

There is about 32 Hours until the draft lottery.

Did you know that the draft lottery system was adopted by the NBA board of Governors at a meeting in Salt Lake City Utah? The first draft lottery was held for the 1985 season.... the jazz did not win the lottery that year, they selected 13th, where they selected Karl Malone who wore number 32. Karl played in 1434 regular season games as a Jazzman, and 172 playoff games. In his last playoff game for the Jazz Karl played exactly 32 minutes.

Go Jazz. Lottery Karma.

Stanley Johnson is the closest thing at least physically and athletically to Lebron--6'6", 240. If he has Half Lebrons drive and develops a jump shot, he will be the best player in the draft.

Sent from the JazzFanz app