What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I don't doubt that we made that offer for Conley, but it seems like Memphis leaked it in order to try and get a better offer. If I'm DL, I'm holding firm on that offer and betting that nobody else is going to beat it. If they do, great, and let's be players in July.

I don't doubt that we made that offer for Conley, but it seems like Memphis leaked it in order to try and get a better offer. If I'm DL, I'm holding firm on that offer and betting that nobody else is going to beat it. If they do, great, and let's be players in July.

Agreed. Get Conley for peanuts or not at all. The Jazz have all the leverage, both in this situation and in general. They're in a great position and it will be a buyers market.

I bet our best offer right now is:

Rubio + Sefolosha + Udoh + Niang + 2019 Lottery Protected First for Conley.

I'd try to replace those guys with:

Wesley Matthews
Jabari Parker
Willie Reed

Assuming all three are available via the buyout market. By the way, why isn't Reed on the SLC Stars roster anymore?

Wesley Matthews
Jabari Parker
Willie Reed

Assuming all three are available via the buyout market. By the way, why isn't Reed on the SLC Stars roster anymore?

Season ending injury. I think shoulder

Wesley Matthews
Jabari Parker
Willie Reed

That trade won't work salary wise.

Not only that I think porter and others are available, so we make an offer and they shop for something better but if something else pops up they may lose out. They don’t have enough leverage to command a monster return... I really don’t see a deal that would be a whole lot better elsewhere.

I like what I saw from Prince last night... he seems like the guy that could be 10% better than Jae that Zach Lowe referred to. On our timeline and cheap for this year and next.

He’s not as good as Porter... but I think he gives you a lot of what you want from that spot.

Not sure a 1st is enough... but I’d have a convo if I was DL.

You should, rival GMs know if they leak a Jazz offer they're going to be blacklisted by them for 20 years.

You should, rival GMs know if they leak a Jazz offer they're going to be blacklisted by them for 20 years.

I really don’t think this is true... our guys seem to have intimate knowledge of the deal so I’m not sure how tight lipped we have been.

I really don’t think this is true... our guys seem to have intimate knowledge of the deal so I’m not sure how tight lipped we have been.

Well I listened to a DL interview a couple years ago he made it pretty clear they highly forbid this. I know rumors are fun, and sports writers have to write to earn a check, but at the end of the day you can't show me one leaked Jazz trade before it happened.

Well I listened to a DL interview a couple years ago he made it pretty clear they highly forbid this. I know rumors are fun, and sports writers have to write to earn a check, but at the end of the day you can't show me one leaked Jazz trade before it happened.

wild unfounded guess, maybe the leaks are coming from the Grizz. there's really not much the Jazz can do about that. like others have pointed out, could be memphis trying to get leverage

Tony Jones and Andy Larsen have better info on this than Zach Lowe and others. If there are “leaks” it is just as likely to have come from us.

Serious question: when was the last time a Jazz trade rumor ended up happening? Korver, Crowder, and Rubio came out of nowhere, IIRC.
We (Utah FO and some fans), talked about Crowder for seasons before we got him.

Many had regrets about Korver so that made sense when Cleveland started selling.

There were lots of rumors about Rubio prior to that move.

The timing might have been a surprise but the moves were not.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The Jazz probably need a third team involved to make a Conley deal work. A team that is willing to move young assets or picks to the Grizzlies along with the Jazz expirings.

This was my thought the second i heard the potential trade for Conley. Either this or the jazz have to overpay with a 2nd 1st round pick which they won't do. Conley coming to Utah seems unlikely. Which is a shame cause I really like Conley too.

Context is it’s a twitter stream discussing the Jazz/Grizzlies rumors.

upload_2019-2-2_14-26-44.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-2_14-26-44.png
    upload_2019-2-2_14-26-44.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 22