What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Fultz could be better than Exum in a year, it wouldn't exactly take much. Exum at 11m a year isn't exactly cheap anymore either. As for the pick, we'll be drafting around #20 in a below average year. Maybe another Grayson Allen type will be there. Yay?
He can't.

Idk what Fultz is, but he isn't going to be better than Exum anytime soon.

Fultz likely has nerve damage in his right shoulder from a bike accident. That's why he can't raise his arm high enough to shoot from long range anymore and why he keeps changing his shooting motion. He may not be able to come back from it.

Doesnt work that way. You either have to keep the cap hold open for your FA or renounce his rights. You could only sign a good player via free agency and then use remaining cap room or the room exemption for additional players.

I thought they could retain the cap hold for the player they traded for before the deadline, and renounce the other cap holds in order to use the cap space (given the Jazz actually generate and keep the cap space to go for FAs).

i'm really hoping the 2019 pick gets traded (if lottery protected.) There are too many young players and projects on the team right now.

Fultz could be better than Exum in a year, it wouldn't exactly take much. Exum at 11m a year isn't exactly cheap anymore either. As for the pick, we'll be drafting around #20 in a below average year. Maybe another Grayson Allen type will be there. Yay?
I would honestly bank on Exum having a better NBA career than Fultz at this stage, I think he's either mentally shot or is physically done with his shoulder.

Andy Larsen said on his podcast that Otto Porter is the most likely acquisition. He said he heard that the wizards were the ones trying to get the jazz to do the deal, but like a day later their owner says they’re not trading porter lol.

It was same day and Andy kinda laughed saying that’s not how their operating... I’m glad our owners are quiet

Woj just tweeted that NOP has no interest in moving Jrue, according to the teams who have called the pelis to gauge their interest.
If I was them and haven't traded AD yet, I would be saying the exact same thing. Until AD is dealt, Jrue is 99% probably not moving.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

If I was them and haven't traded AD yet, I would be saying the exact same thing. Until AD is dealt, Jrue is 99% probably not moving.

Not sure about that, depends on whether they plan to play AD for the rest of the season or not. I think it would be stupid for them to play AD but if they do then obviously they want Jrue to be there too, but if they shut down AD for the season then the door is open on a Jrue trade.

I've said it a few times before though, it will take a hell of an offer to get the Pelicans to part with Jrue. Most likely an overpay, but I really think the Jazz should do it regardless.

Not sure about that, depends on whether they plan to play AD for the rest of the season or not. I think it would be stupid for them to play AD but if they do then obviously they want Jrue to be there too, but if they shut down AD for the season then the door is open on a Jrue trade.

I've said it a few times before though, it will take a hell of an offer to get the Pelicans to part with Jrue. Most likely an overpay, but I really think the Jazz should do it regardless.
I agree on all counts. I just think NOLA has to trade AD to LA. If AD continues to say LA or bust, NOLA might get less this summer than before the deadline.

The Knicks didn't do jack as far as seeing what was available for Porzingis. Some people were criticising Lindsay for not knowing about it. It really was
the Knicks doing Knicks stuff and shooting from the hip.

don’t get the love-fest for Conley.

Old? - Check
Expensive? - Check
Injury concerns? - Check

I’d rather roll with Donovan/Exum at the 1 and keep great depth and financial flexibility than overpay for Conley’s massive contract.

There have to be better options.

I'm sorry but I'm just so sick of hearing about financial flexibility. I've heard Dennis Lindsey talk about what great financial flexibility we have for years now. What good does it do us to have that flexibility if we never do anything with it? The perfect player isn't attainable for us because we aren't a free agent destination and we don't have the assets to trade for a superstar. Any player that we acquire is going to have some flaws but they would also likely be a pretty big upgrade over some of the guy's we currently have. I'm ready to make a big move and try to improve, even if it does lock us in and take away our flexibility.

How could anyone pay Conley that money. I didn't realise he was getting paid that much. This will be a shocking trade

I'm sorry but I'm just so sick of hearing about financial flexibility. I've heard Dennis Lindsey talk about what great financial flexibility we have for years now. What good does it do us to have that flexibility if we never do anything with it?

Just for discussion's sake, the financial flexibility has allowed him to make moves. It's why he was able to flip Hood and Burks for Crowder and Korver-having expirings ready to go facilitated that. It's why he was able to re-sign Ingles and Favors for affordable deals while still having cap room. Tossing out a terrible contract to someone probably would have handicapped the team at a terrible juncture.

If Hayward had resigned, there wouldn't be any flexibility because it wouldn't be needed. I have to imagine a big move will be coming, but if not, the flexibility will allow him to keep slowly building.

That said, yeah, I'm antsy for a big move. It's time.