What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Rubio, Thabo and our 2019 1st (top 18 protected) for Hardaway and Frank. http://tradenba.com/trades/HkV1WXgeN

If NY used our pick to dump Lee, they would have around $65 million to pursue KD and another. And their tank could be epic.

Frank is the only guy I think Mitchell is okay with trading Rubio for. Maybe Rozier, but Frank would be celebrated by Donovan.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Frank is young enough to still be intriguing... I don't think I could put a pick in the deal though. I think Tim is good but his recent play hasn't been great. Frank doesn't seem to have made much progress, so it'd be a guess/gamble that he becomes something. If he was drafted 25thish last year what would his value be... I think you pay a premium for his draft status and initial hype that isn't "real".

I'd also want to move Dante if we brought on Frank... I'm only cool with one international pg project on the roster.

Sorry. Frank is garbage. Can’t even get on court ahead of mudiay who is a festering pile of decomposing garden mulch

Mudiay has actually been much better this year. He's still not good, but he's putting up like 18/5/5 on close to league average shooting. He's younger than Dante. He still sucks at defense, but it is tough to evaluate any NY player based on defense... because they suck so much there.

I don't think he ever becomes anything particularly good or special, but I think he might be an actual backend of the rotation NBA player.

Exum's 3rd year is nonguaranteed. Plus, he is less than Lee this year and next. And I don't know if Lee plays over Korver or O'Neale.

Everything I've heard and read from reliable Jazz reporters is that Exum's contract has no option years. I think that spotrac website just made a mistake.

Dinwiddie signed a 3 year 34mil extension with Brooklyn. Player option on year 3.

What a bargain... smart move by him too. Lock in $34M with a chance for a big payday once you've made a ton.

Exum's 3rd year is nonguaranteed. Plus, he is less than Lee this year and next. And I don't know if Lee plays over Korver or O'Neale.

Everything I've heard and read from reliable Jazz reporters is that Exum's contract has no option years. I think that spotrac website just made a mistake.

Exum's deal has no options. Spotrac is the only one who lists it as an option and they don't include anything in their notes about it. It is very likely a mistake... they have notes on most/all team or player options. Every other site has it 3 years no options or unguaranteed amounts.

Mudiay has actually been much better this year. He's still not good, but he's putting up like 18/5/5 on close to league average shooting. He's younger than Dante. He still sucks at defense, but it is tough to evaluate any NY player based on defense... because they suck so much there.

I don't think he ever becomes anything particularly good or special, but I think he might be an actual backend of the rotation NBA player.
Mudiay hasn't been bad this year but I'd take De'Anthony Melton or Monte Morris over Mudiay though given the choice.

Mudiay hasn't been bad this year but I'd take De'Anthony Melton or Monte Morris over Mudiay though given the choice.

Well yeah... for a myriad of reasons.

I don't want him at all... Just don't think he is complete garbage. He's recycled garbage... like a couch you find when you are in college that you think you might be able to get the bad smell out of and it might be okay in your apartment for a few years. You might get it in the apartment and throw it out a few days later... but it might be okay too.

Exum's deal has no options. Spotrac is the only one who lists it as an option and they don't include anything in their notes about it. It is very likely a mistake... they have notes on most/all team or player options. Every other site has it 3 years no options or unguaranteed amounts.
I read it somewhere else and I will try to find it.

Regardless, we aren't going to pay Lee $26 million over this year and next just to get out of Exum's 3 years and $30 million. We resigned Exum for a reason.

Somebody get the NOP GM drunk and trade Exum for Niko.