What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

I think you’re a little bit drunk, infection.

What if Niko walks in free agency, after we trade for him?
Then we got off Exum’s contract at the expense of having a floor spacer at the four for half a season.

Half year rental, for potential instant offensive gratification, for magical cap space to land a star, in Utah. One of the smallest markets, outside of only New Orleans perhaps.

I know us as fans are dreamers, but damn.

Half year rental, for potential instant offensive gratification, for magical cap space to land a star, in Utah. One of the smallest markets, outside of only New Orleans perhaps.

We're the 25th smallest market from the lists ive seen (Above SA, Milwaukee, OKC, Memphis, and NO)

9.6M will buy more than Dante provides.

The bigger barrier would be that NOP wouldn’t do it.

The bigger barrier would be that NOP wouldn’t do it.

Yeah they wouldn’t, neither should the Jazz. If niko does stay, you’re going to have to pay him around 25 most likely. This means you’ve kind of locked yourself into this roster, with Donovan’s pay day not far off.

Yeah they wouldn’t, neither should the Jazz. If niko does stay, you’re going to have to pay him around 25 most likely. This means you’ve kind of locked yourself into this roster, with Donovan’s pay day not far off.
But you said we don’t need cap space for FAs that won’t come, so what difference would it make?

I still think Otto Porter should be our target. I think the front office is still preserving cap space for this summer because they think they can land a free agent but I think the chances of us actually landing someone who will move the needle are unlikely. I had hope for Dinwiddie but he's now off the table. I'm tired of hearing about how much cap flexibility we have year after year. I get that once we make a big move and acquire someone with a large contract we are locked into our roster and lose flexibility but what good is having that flexibility if we never do anything with it?

We paid Favors almost 19, and he’s 11 and 7 per game. Niko is basically a
17 and 10 guy who shoots ok from 3 on high volume.

Favors is a valuable defender and PNR roll man, the game isn't just points and rebounds. Also Faves deal was "overpaid" so Jazz could get the team-controlled 1+1 which is huge.