campaignist

Totally fine with the porter trade. We probably could have beaten the offer for him or Parker, but I don’t think Parker is worth it and I’m not sold on porter for his contract.

Really happy both guys are staying in the east

NAOS

This OP jr thing totally infuriates me. Jesus Christo. I can’t remember a worse run-up to the deadline since Ronnie Seiklay.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
He's staying. Immediately after the trade Philly said that they plan on keeping Harris and Butler longterm. They are all in on a core of Embiid/Simmons/Butler/Harris.

We aren't getting Harris
I bet Cleveland planned on keeping LeBron

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

jom2003

There wasn't one single person on this board that wanted Boylen. That was an "insider" pushing that it was a done deal. Might have even been Windhorst. Even the trolls couldn't pretend to endorse Boylen.
yeah. those were the dark days...

framer

So my choices are to watch for crappy trade news or watch the Jazz play the Sun's. Worst Wednesday ever!

stormkoopacv03

The Jazz need to make an improvement via trade before it ends. A decent amount of teams are making trades except the Jazz. I guess we'll see by tomorrow.

jom2003

Parker has negative value. Chicago got Porter for nothing.
portis isn't nothing though. he's a talent on par with Mirotic. plus getting rid of Porter's pricy contract gives them leverage to negotiate extensions with both Portis and Satoransky in the summer.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
I can't believe that's all it took to get Otto Porter, we could have easily beaten that. I think he would have been a great fit on the Jazz.

Jack Strop

we need guys who can create his own shot. Porter doesn't provide that. plus we can always find 3 and D prospects off of G-league/summer league anyways. just look at Ingles and Royce. they are everywhere nowadays.
is that why our percentages from 3pt range are so fantastic and our defense keeps getting torched by good guard combos?

3 AND D players aren't abundant. The GLeague is full of scorers who can't defend.Utah loves supposed defenders who can't shoot.

I wasn't too in love with Porter. I was intrigued by Parker, but he's pretty expensive. Would have liked him for expirings.

Alfalfa

portis isn't nothing though. he's a talent on par with Mirotic. plus getting rid of Porter's pricy contract gives them leverage to negotiate extensions with both Portis and Satoransky in the summer.
Ya, I'm exaggerating. But if the Jazz truly had an interest in Porter, then they surely could've beaten that offer.

jom2003

I think we will be justified in being upset if we didn't make moves this deadline. I'm officially worried.
yeah. i don't mind minor moves such as acquiring Maker or Johnson/Bullock's expiring that give us more bench depth. All those guys are fairly gettable but we passed up the opportunities.

MDAV28

Something to consider...

Duh the Jazz could have beaten that offer, but 1) didn't want to include assets for his deal and/or 2) have something else on the table that is more important (Conley, Mirotic?)