What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

We all **** on a guy like Parker, but I'm not positive Kuzma is better than Parker. If Parker is available for a small contract next year, he's a better gamble than giving up legit assets for Kuzma.

All of the Wizards fans are expecting him to come off the books next year. I think you could get him on a short term mid level to "prove" himself.

There are fans on this site that think Rudy should come off the bench...

A little ball stopping wouldn’t be bad at times... there are times when the ball moves well and it results in us turning a spot Ingles three into a Ricky three or a turnover... ball movement is not the end... it’s the means... a good willing shooter would really help. Our offense is ummmmm pretty average/bad... so maybe changes would be a good thing.
These are people I would consider informed/smart fans.

I don't get Memphis. Reminds of Tyreke Evans, who was on an amazing deal and reportedly had multiple suitors last year but Memphis decided they weren't getting enough. Chris Wallace was fixated on a return and wouldn't change his posture. At the end, Evans ended up leaving for nothing.

And now, they have decided to pull the plug too late, when their franchise players were getting old on massive contracts and the team was going nowhere. Now they want a king´s ransom for those players. Doesn´t make sense to wait until the draft. The value of Conley is unlikely to increase moving forward.

I guess is all posturing but it didn't work last's year. Anyway, Wallace is a bum.

Last edited:
LOL at the people bitching that we have "wasted all of our assets!" then insisting that we trade a first for Mirotic.
It seems silly now, and I can understand that, but being silly at a particular point in time doesn't necessarily mean it's silly overall.

I'm thinking it's going to be an explosion of trades soon. This feels like the first year in many years where the contenders are a bit more wide open with GSW looking mortal and the East a total dogfight.

I don't get Memphis. Reminds of Tyreke Evans, who was on an amazing deal and reportedly had multiple suitors last year but Memphis decided they weren't getting enough. Chris Wallace was fixated on a return and wouldn't change his posture. At the end, Evans ended up leaving for nothing.

And now, they have decided to pull the plug too late, when their franchise players were getting old on massive contracts and the team was going nowhere. Now they want a king´s ransom for those players. Doesn´t make sense to wait until the draft. The value of Conley is unlikely to increase moving forward.

I guess is all posturing but it didn't work last's year. Aniway, Wallace is a bum.

I work with people like this sometimes... negotiate every penny and feel like if it isn’t overwhelmingly tilted in their favor they are out... my line to disarm them “do you know what 100% of nothing is?”

They then generally realize getting a solid return is fine... but sometimes are still dumb.

Is it possible to get Saric by ridding Minny of Teague and somehow send Teague to Memphis for Conley at the same time? That way Minny gets their books cleared, Memphis gets Teague instead of Reggie Jackson, and we send a bit more but get Conley and Saric.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't think they should. If they want to spend a first on a 4 I think the target would be Saric. He has team control, 1 more cheap year, and more potential (IMO).

The question would be what happens to Favors in that scenario. I don't think you could make a Minnesota deal make sense. It' had to be Niang+1st for Saric then move Favors (or Crowder) in a separate deal.

I’d 1000% do a Saric deal but a first is light value... maybe a three team deal of sorts... I think we’d have to provide more value.

Taking Dieng is excessive... Teague probably excessive but I think I’d do that... still a useful player. Ricky/thabo 1st for Teague and Saric.

Move Favs in another deal or ask him to be backup center for 30 games.

I guess is all posturing but it didn't work last's year. Aniway, Wallace is a bum.

I think most if not all GM's realized Evans was having an outlier year because his contract was up. As soon as he re-upped on a new deal he'd revert back to the under-achiever that he's been for most of his career. The fact that he was only able to get a one year deal as a UFA reinforces that notion.

My guess is the offers were underwhelming.

Is it possible to get Saric by ridding Minny of Teague and somehow send Teague to Memphis for Conley at the same time? That way Minny gets their books cleared, Memphis gets Teague instead of Reggie Jackson, and we send a bit more but get Conley and Saric.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Teague is a worse/equally bad get as Reggie Jackson.
I’d 1000% do a Saric deal but a first is light value... maybe a three team deal of sorts... I think we’d have to provide more value.

Taking Dieng is excessive... Teague probably excessive but I think I’d do that... still a useful player. Ricky/thabo 1st for Teague and Saric.

Move Favs in another deal or ask him to be backup center for 30 games.
They barely even play Saric and he's a bad fit with KAT. You might be right though, but taking back bad contracts is a no-no.

The part of me that occasionally dons a tin-foil cap wonders if this isn't a clever strategy. DL doesn't want to do anything, so he helps some rumors get leaked that he has zeroed in a guy (Hayward 2017, Conley 2019) then Lindsey can sit back while the competition improves, and he can tell his bosses and the public- "Gosh we tried" but while we were waiting for someone else all this stuff happened so we couldn't do plan B.

Then the rational part of me tells the tin-foil hat guy to sit down and shut up.

I agre...sort of.

I wonder if it’s more of DL has a trade/signing lined up, the Millers see the cost and they get cold feet.

“Well, yeah, that would make us better, but look at the cost...”

I don't understand why anyone would want Conley after it has been repeatedly reported he doesn't want to be here. It will turn into a situation where he has a "toe" injury, or something similar and sits out multiple games or plays with disinterest and becomes a locker room issue. Let it be and roll with the guys who want to be here. At least we lose with a little passion and desire on the court.

To me, it is perfectly understandable that DL does not want to trade Exum. If we ever are to compete for a championship, we are 100% dependent on another star-level guy. We know we won`t get any in free agency and we don`t have enough assets to prove for a proven star. As this team in constructed, Dante Exum is the only player with the psysichal tool to develop into that 3rd star. I think there might be something like 30% percent chance that he develops into a solid starter and maybe a 10% chance of him becoming our 3rd star. Realistically, Exum is our best chance of ever competing, as sad as that is to write.

On the same note, I`d take a flyer on Fultz if he is available for a first. If he gives us another 10% chance of getting a star, we would have doubled the odds of finding our 3rd guy.