What's new

2019 Trade Deadline Discussion

Why would Kings do that though? They have like $1B in cap space this offseason. I think we'd have to add something or give them a backup pg... There could be a three team deal with Atlanta if they liked Exum.... I don't think he's available even though he's not getting as much run as he was earlier in the season.

Just doesn't see the floor much is the only reason I would think. I agree. I'd use the space to take on teams that want to drop 19/20 money and pick up some middling assets, if I were them.

Show Tobias the clip of DM high giving the crowd and then a highlight of the clippers arena dead silent or cheering for the warriors or lakers... then get his Bank account info so we know where to send the direct deposits.

I like your style. Wouldn't be surprised if it worked either.

He already shoots most of his 3s on open shots. 4.1 of his 4.7 3s per game are on open shots. Oddly he shoots worse on wide open shots than his average though at 42.7. He does drive the ball a lot, which fits in with our system this year. But he also runs a lot of ISO plays that does not fit in. He also is a really poor defender which does not fit in. He allows 70% at the rim. Which is one of the worst PFs in the league.

Luckily gobert is actually quite good defensively around the rim.

I think having a shooter like harris would makeoffense easier for gobert as well which might leave even more energy for gobert to expend on defense

If the jazz ever traded Dante and favors. Which I'm certain it's not happening. But if they did. I would like to see Dante and favors traded to the same team and both starting. They would form a great combination for years to come.

Luckily gobert is actually quite defensively around the rim.

I think having a shooter like harris would makeoffense easier for gobert as well which might leave even more energy for gobert to expend on defense

I dont think we can rely on just having Gobert as our defender and others not be good. He plays poor defense all around. That is just one example. Teams can pull Gobert out of the paint and often do. Thats one of the reasons Gobert and Favors together can be elite on defense. Because you cant pull them both out.

I think Harris could be good here. I just think there might be better options and better fit players. I also dont think he is worth the 33 million and rising contract. The 4th year would be 38 million. If he could be had for less then I would be much more inclined to go after him.

I dont think we can rely on just having Gobert as our defender and others not be good. He plays poor defense all around. That is just one example. Teams can pull Gobert out of the paint and often do. Thats one of the reasons Gobert and Favors together can be elite on defense. Because you cant pull them both out.

I think Harris could be good here. I just think there might be better options and better fit players. I also dont think he is worth the 33 million and rising contract. The 4th year would be 38 million. If he could be had for less then I would be much more inclined to go after him.

I actually think we have more good defenders than just gobert. He is just super duper elite around the rim.
I think coach quin is a good defensive coach, jingles is a good defender, oneal is a good defender, korver is a good defender, exum is a good defender...... agree to disagree i guess.

I actually think we more good defenders than just gobert. He is just super duper elite around the rim.
I think coach quin is a good defensive coach, jingles is a good defender, oneal is a good defender, korver is a good defender, exum is a good defender...... agree to disagree i guess.

Im not saying we dont have good defenders. I am saying we cant just throw a bad defender in and say oh well, we have Gobert to cover that up.

I agree we have other good defenders. I think adding a poor defender hurts our team at a starting position. Favors is a very good defender and Crowder is a good defender. If you replace them with a poor defender that hurts your team. Defense is a team effort. If you have one guy who doesnt rotate well and isnt playing good defense it hurts your team a lot.

Look at OKC in the playoffs last year. They are a good defensive team but you add in one player that gets abused on pick and roll and doesnt rotate in Carmelo and their defense looked like ****. I dont think Harris is quite Carmelo bad but he is a lot closer to that than he is what we have now.

If we are paying a player max I want him to be able to fit in on both ends of the court and not be a liability. Maybe he changes his game and fits in better but that has not been the case so far.

Actually u know what jazz trade Dante and favors to a team where they will both be starting. I want to see it happen it's time. I want to see Dante and favors flourish together for years to come starting now

I don’t know that Crowder is a better defender than Harris... he’s fine on that end imo. He used to be terrible... he’s a worker... improves every year.

I'm going to be shocked if the Jazz actually make a trade before the deadline. The team seems to like each other, and probably has a legit shot at the WCF as presently constructed if they can avoid the GS bracket. The FO clearly thinks they're going to get someone really good in Free Agency this offseason.

I actually think we have more good defenders than just gobert. He is just super duper elite around the rim.
All Utah players are good defensively. What's common among Hood, JJ, Jerebko and Burks?

I'm going to be shocked if the Jazz actually make a trade before the deadline. The team seems to like each other, and probably has a legit shot at the WCF as presently constructed if they can avoid the GS bracket. The FO clearly thinks they're going to get someone really good in Free Agency this offseason.

I agree that its unlikely we make a trade. The Jazz are very patient and wait to get a good deal. I also think we have a decent shot at WCF this year. If healthy I think we can beat anyone not named GS.

There isnt a move to get us past GS.

But a trade could pop up that improves our team and I think we would jump on that if it happens. But they do have to weigh in on what that might cost us in FA with cap room.

Im not saying we dont have good defenders. I am saying we cant just throw a bad defender in and say oh well, we have Gobert to cover that up.
I think we can throw a bad defender into a lineup and cover it up with our team full of good defenders..... in fact i have seen us do it before. We have had bad defenders on this team and looked great. You yourself have been bashing ricky defense a lot. We have looked elite defensively, number one in the league in fact, with that poor defender starting and playing big minutes because we have a ******** of good defenders. You can totally add a great offensive player who sucks on defense to a team that desperately needs offense and is full of great defenders and be successful. Im certain of it.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

All Utah players are good defensively. What's common among Hood, JJ, Jerebko and Burks?

That we were elite defensively while they were on the team. Yep, thats true.
And neto, ricky, niang, grayson, crowder, are not really that good defensively.

Fact is that some players are not very good at defensive but if they are great offensively they are still very important.

That harden player actually is quite valueable but not a good defender. Curry too.

That we were elite defensively while they were on the team. Yep, thats true.
And neto, ricky, niang, grayson, crowder, are not really that good defensively.

Fact is that some players are not very good at defensive but if they are great offensively they are still very important.

That harden player actually is quite valueable but not a good defender. Curry too.

Ricky is really good most nights... has some tough outings here and there. He’s not like a lockdown guy so it’s tough to see but he’s very beneficial on that end.

If we can cover for JJ we can cover for anyone... he had zero interest in playing defense.

I think we have a high likelihood... say 50% or more... of being involved in something. There aren’t a lot of teams that can provide the salary cap expirings to facilitate deals like we can. These big deals will need helpers.

Udoh/thabo/Niang... Neto if a team needs a solid backup pg could be on the table for some smaller deals to get teams away from the tax.

Like if Memphis swapped Temple for Thabo... something like that... saves them some money and gives us something we want. Not saying that is something we want... just an example.

You guys haven’t watched many other teams if you think Rubio and Crowder are bad defensively.

Being an plus defender most of the time comes down to effort and basketball IQ (right place right time).

Look at Korver, he gets destroyed 1v1 but as a team defender he isn’t all that bad since he is active, knows how and when to help and where he needs to be.

If we got Conley and Otto, I think we can beat anybody.

Favors, Thabo and a 1st for Porter
Rubio and Exum for Conley

And we might even get lucky and find a good buy out player or two with our 2 extra roster spots.
I'm all for trading Dante and derrick. But I want to see them on the same team!!!! Starting together