What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Do two ways work like NFL Practice Squads that if a team offers the guy a guaranteed deal he can take it with no compensation owed to the team with the two way?

Alfonso McKinnie will get waived... he might call us. He’s a basic wing but rebounds really well.

“call us and we will overpay 30-50% above your market value"
There may actually be a connection here. DL doesn't take shots because he's afraid of missing. He lets the shots come to him. Because he's so afraid of missing, he'll cling to the ones that choose him, in fear of losing them.

There may actually be a connection here. DL doesn't take shots because he's afraid of missing. He lets the shots come to him. Because he's so afraid of missing, he'll cling to the ones that choose him, in fear of losing them.
Doing so without any major competition too. Like when he negotiated that Dante and Joe's extension.

Worked for Mudiay.

DL doesn't take shots because he's afraid of missing. He lets the shots come to him.
While some moves are head-scratchers this offseason, you must admit that last season he went all in and took some serious risks and most of us we pretty excited going into the season. Some of those moves clearly backfired and crippled our flexibility coming into this offseason. But he did pull the trigger last year, right or wrong.

While some moves are head-scratchers this offseason, you must admit that last season he went all in and took some serious risks and most of us we pretty excited going into the season. Some of those moves clearly backfired and crippled our flexibility coming into this offseason. But he did pull the trigger last year, right or wrong.
He did. And I largely supported the Conley traded because we needed to **** or get off the pot. However, all the steps that led to that were things I pushed back on all along the way. Once we knew Donovan was good early in his rookie season, we needed to go all-in. We drug our feet on that for two years and eventually passed on everything in the name of flexibility, and then when it came down to it he got hyper-focused on Conley. Can’t blame them for the moves they made. I was supportive. I really liked the Ed Davis pick up. But when the flaws of this team became incredibly glaring, we did absolutely nothing about it, even when the cost was non-existent (i.e. getting a semi-warm body to play backup 5). Getting some semblance of flexible competency for perimeter defense will be this season’s “backup 5 problem” of last year — it will be obvious to anyone, but we’ll refuse to concede the issue, until next summer when we overcorrect and develop new blind spots in the process.

The fact that DL made a trade didn't automatically make it "serious risk". Any trade comes with risk but a trade for Conley is a rather low-risk one. A proven vet who came with all the known qualities in his games such as never winning the conference or even his own division, no all-star or all-nba selection, that makes him a rather safe bet with low upside. We kind of increased the risk ourselves by giving away more assets than we should.

A true "all-in" high risk trade would be the Raptor's trade for Kawhi, who just came out of a injury-riddled season while also being on the last season of his contract. If Raptors came away empty last year, they could basically be going into the full rebuild as all their pieces fall apart. I mean, they traded the best player in their FRANCHISE HISTORY for Kawhi. If they failed to deliver last season, their GM will certainly lose his job as many Toronto fans vows to never watch another game of theirs again.

What's the worst that could happen to us if the Conley trade fails to deliver?(well, it already did, but he's still got one more season to go) We will still have DM and possibly Rudy to help us compete for the next 3-4 years at least. it's not "all-in" or "high-risk", far from it.

Last edited: