What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

IDK. Numbers look pretty good, but that's all I got besides being high on him during the draft.
It’s just the vibe I get from insiders. He had a weight issue that he improved a bit.

Completely unfair judgement. He was kind of an *** at summer league. He was not happy to have to sit at the signing table for 10 minutes after a game and it showed. Super duper unfair.

Or they’ve hired off some of our guys who know exactly how to exploit our weaknesses.
Yeah... they probably call and offer our players to other teams... then if something good comes along the trade with us... like a swap meet pro.

I also said we could get a backup center at the min. Throwing MLE and a first at a super easy issue was again... performing surgery on a cut that a bandaid could heal. Hell we could have just taken JaVale McGee off the scrap heap since the Lakers dumped him. Len is still out there... it’s crazy because we could have used the assets so much better.

Damn what a fall from grace for Zhaire Smith. From NBA draft nerd Twitter darling to almost dying from sickness to out of the league.

Damn what a fall from grace for Zhaire Smith. From NBA draft nerd Twitter darling to almost dying from sickness to out of the league.
Pick him up at the minimum? Maybe kick the tires. I feel awful for him.

Apparently Minny believes Ed to be a victim of our funneling to the big strategy and values him as a solid rotational big in this league still. Anyways hopefully the new owner will be looking at these trades and realize what a fantastic job our FO has been doing.

Maybe they are done because the guys we are interested in want more money they we have left. Or maybe they want to give some of the young guys a shot at making an impact or maybe you are right and the Jazz front office has no clue.
you know, I'd actually believe this "we looked around but players wanted more than we could offer" BS if isn't coming from this current FO.

god we’re in some kind of bizarro world where TB and Davis are assets to be bought. Lol
our funneling to the big strategy does tend to make the big man look bad defensively if they aren't some kind of natural defensive anchor who could lock up the paint singlehandedly. not saying TB or Ed are gonna rejuvenate their career but that's probably the thinking behind teams giving them the chance. we definitely sold low on these guys

Spellman and Evans were first round picks two years ago. Our front office is staffed with some kind of junior achievement people.