What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Next year we'll zero in on some guy like a Harkless and all the people telling us how it makes perfect sense that we're not addressing the issue now, are going to be selling us on it then on how big of a move it is and how important.

I think it's clear the Jazz are waiting on all the waives that will happen.

Ellie Okobo might get cut now that Langston Galloway has been signed by the Suns.

I would be surprised if they stayed with NWG.

I think it's clear the Jazz are waiting on all the waives that will happen.

Ellie Okobo might get cut now that Langston Galloway has been signed by the Suns.

I would be surprised if they stayed with NWG.
Yesterday he was monte Morris.

TJ has been full Woj this offseason. Andy is the only guy and I think he pays the price a little. It’d be nice if there was an independent dude that just went hard with questions. The Mike Conley bench/Unbench was the time I felt it the most.

Media: So what happened?
Coach:Uhhh we changed our mind..
Media: that checks out no further questions.
This is a prime example. Dead silence. I dont think that happens in any other media market.

We are all "buds" here.

Go listen to his podcasts around the trade deadline last year... it wasn’t just one time.
He does a daily podcast. I just want to know exactly what you mean with a concrete example. I highly doubt he said those 12 minutes dont matter. Maybe he was saying it's better to spend the money elsewhere, but I dont see whats so wrong with saying that, seeing that it didnt work, and then advocating for another strategy (especially now that the power paradigm of the West has shifted towards bigger).

I also dont think anyone thought Favors would be coming back for the MLE to play a backup role.

He does a daily podcast. I just want to know exactly what you mean with a concrete example. I highly doubt he said those 12 minutes dont matter. Maybe he was saying it's better to spend the money elsewhere, but I dont see whats so wrong with saying that, seeing that it didnt work, and then advocating for another strategy (especially now that the power paradigm of the West has shifted towards bigger).

I also dont think anyone thought Favors would be coming back for the MLE to play a backup role.
Hold, ill go listen to every podcast and make a spreadsheet.

It was quite prevalent in the pod iirc... it’s why I told @infection not to get hopeful we’d make a move to improve the backup center position.

Hey you said he was good and threw the comp out there. Next day you say you’d be surprised if we stay with him...

Why you defending the Locke flip flop?
I said he had been good in the G-League and Europe and maybe he just hasnt gotten a good shot yet.

And yes, I would still be surprised if we stuck with him. If we do, that signals they must like something about him. We will see how they feel about him shortly.

Makes sense to bring back same end of bench guys. Keeps continuity in a shortened training camp session.

NWG can really play. He has been good in G-League and Europe. He hasnt had a real shot to play yet. I think he could be a Monte Morris level player.
My bad... saying he could be a Monte Morris level player is really ****ing different to saying you called him Monte Morris. My bad... me putting words in your mouf.

I mean, how many corpses did we discuss signing for the minimum to be in the playoffs? Noah, Bogut... lots of other possible deadline guys... now all the same people who scoffed at how stupid that idea is are trying to sell us on the backup 5 defensive idea like they invented it.
We could have had a couple of different perimeter defenders for mere 2nd round pick, too.

Never has a playoff series loss hung so heavily and obviously from our GMs neck in the post-StockMalone history.

We could have had a couple of different perimeter defenders for mere 2nd round pick, too.

Never has a playoff series loss hung so heavily and obviously from our GMs neck in the post-StockMalone history.
It feels like we are headed for a kakkkkkkk baking style argument on the site again. Even when DL came out and said it was probably not the right way to go people still argued against it and found ways to rationalize it.

Last year multiple times he down played the importance of the back up center and that 10-12 minutes didn’t matter... today it was like that 10-12 minutes kills us and now they have brilliantly solved the problem.

I like the Favs signing... it’s overkill but that was the most obvious roster hole. I might have tried to get a less spendy option and get another wing... but giving Miye a shot is fine.
Or a PF/C that can shoot a basketball.

Here is what my guess is... we are basically done. Unless something unexpected knocks our socks off... like if Batum is interested in coming here... I think we are done. We might leave one roster spot open and Brantley gets the other two way. During the season if there is an injury or a g league guy that pops (prolly no season so that might not work) we will ride with these 13/14 guys.