What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

When has Tony ever reported something the Jazz are doing such as interested in a player or potentially looking to free some cap space, etc. He doesn’t plain and simple. There have been multiple times where he has said one thing and it blows up in his face but he back pedals by reiterating why the move was good.

The dude is not plugged in at all like I said besides with Favors. He offers zero insight to anything the Jazz are doing.
Ok, no one is making you read his content if you think that.

He was closer to the bottom than the top in the combine athletic testing if that **** means anything (I think it means a lot when a player is fighting like hell just to make any roster AND their results aren’t great).
Oni wasn‘t great in both athletic test or measurement. He is undersized for the 2 let alone those 6'8/6,9 SFs. Heck he's probably as tall as Jamal Murray.

Highly athletic... For the G league. Not so much for the most physical and athletic professional league in the world. At 6’5 you are probably big enough to be the starting SF on most pro teams but in the NBA you will find many guards that are quicker AND bigger than you

Oni wasn‘t great in both athletic test or measurement. He is undersized for the 2 let alone those 6'8/6,9 SFs. Heck he's probably as tall as Jamal Murray.
6'11 wingspan with a 8'4.5 standing reach is undersized for the 2? In what reality?

6’6” with a 6’11” wingspan is great size at the 2 and totally adequate for most wings. Can he guard Lebron? Can anyone?

Did some math... we could do the BAE still if we wanted... with a minimum guy and Hughes filling out the roster we are about 3M over the tax and 3M under the hard cap. For the Trade Mike Crowd... if we did trade him and took 3-4 M less in salary I think we save 10Mish. Something to watch if he starts slow.

That’s why Porter for Conley is the deal to make.

Y'all are smoking gas if you think Oni isnt highly athletic.
“Highly”?

If we’re smoking gas, you’re huffing spray paint.

It’s possible he’s reasonably athletic and not total dog **** (which isn’t what I said) or “highly athletic” (he isn’t).

He has a decent physical profile but it’s just that.

6’6” with a 6’11” wingspan is great size at the 2 and totally adequate for most wings. Can he guard Lebron? Can anyone?
Doesn't need to be Lebron. What about Murray? Harden? Luka? CJ? Lillard? CP3? Ingram? Kawhi? There goes all the matchups you will possibly see comes the playoffs. You just won't survive playoff basketball without having any realistic solutions for these guys.

I think he is a totally sufficient athlete. Not other worldly but far from "unathletic".
To me he has all the levels of athleticism. Open floor speed, agility, explosive off 1 foot, can slide his feet, appears very fluid. The only thing about him is that he isnt overly explosive in traffic. I think he is most likely the 2nd most athletic player on the roster next to Mitchell (depending on how you rate Udoka, but that's a real apples/oranges athleticism compared to perimeter players).

@ :33

Yall telling me that is the play of an undersized non athlete?

THIS is your exhibit of “highly athletic”?

There is one Jazz player at the end of the bench who that could be said of. Or there was, we just let him go and kept the least athletic dude on the team.