What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

At least one person said e was unathletic and that became the argument
nobody called him "unathletic". it was Cy who called him some kind of super athlete then it became an argument. He is a good athlete for pros but not great by NBA standards. just an average prospect like 40-50 other guys on the G-league waiting for their chance. you can throw tucker in there too. there are guys who turned into solid rotational players from time to time but in most cases they'd just end up somewhere in Europe or China then they can dominate with their "super athleticism"

From a mockdraft at https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019...outing-report-profile-2019-atlanta-hawks-yale

At 6’6 with a 6’11 wingspan, Oni has the physical tools that every NBA team would want in a modern wing. He isn’t an off-the-charts athlete but Oni can certainly hold his own physically and, combined with additional strength that should arrive as professional training occurs, Oni’s complete package of traits is highly intriguing.

From a production standpoint, Oni averaged 17.1 points and 6.3 rebounds per game on the way to Ivy League Player of the Year honors and that’s just the beginning. He converted 37.1 percent of his three-point attempts (on 5.2 shots per game) and, as a passer, Oni exhibited encouraging flashes, with a 20.9 assist rate in an off-ball role.

From a mockdraft at https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019...outing-report-profile-2019-atlanta-hawks-yale

At 6’6 with a 6’11 wingspan, Oni has the physical tools that every NBA team would want in a modern wing. He isn’t an off-the-charts athlete but Oni can certainly hold his own physically and, combined with additional strength that should arrive as professional training occurs, Oni’s complete package of traits is highly intriguing.

From a production standpoint, Oni averaged 17.1 points and 6.3 rebounds per game on the way to Ivy League Player of the Year honors and that’s just the beginning. He converted 37.1 percent of his three-point attempts (on 5.2 shots per game) and, as a passer, Oni exhibited encouraging flashes, with a 20.9 assist rate in an off-ball role.
"Not an off the chart athlete". End of story. As much as Cy portrayed him to be.

Im surprised by those dunks in traffic by oni. Didnt realize he was that athletic. Honestly his game reminds me of wes matthews all the way down to his shot form

He was quoted as saying he intentionally holds back his athleticism to be more cerebral about the game and pull out his moves when the defense doesn't expect it.

I would add that he mostly guards the fastest players at the point on the attack when he played for the Stars. And the stars defense did well when he was on the floor. I think that translates.

You're probably right. I mean look at how smooth that hitch in his FT is at 1:30. Athletic as ****. Possibly as athletic as Charles Barkley is on a golf course.

So a single drive against a dude that obviously wasn't trying very hard is evidence he's a better athlete than Gobert, and everyone else, except Mitchell? He even had a hard time fighting around a couple of those weak *** screens for the 3. This "highlight" shows less than nothing regarding his athleticism. I don't have a pony in this race because I don't think he'll ever get any meaningful PT but this highlight really proves nothing.

I'm firmly convinced that if some other team had drafted Exum, most of the people on this board would be convinced that he was the missing piece.

I'm firmly convinced that if some other team had drafted Exum, most of the people on this board would be convinced that he was the missing piece.
Most? What could possibly prompt that idea? The fact that he is basically out of the league, or spent 1.75 of 3 years injured and did absolutely nothing in between? Please identify the other player in the league with the same track record that "most" of the people on this board are clamoring for that supports this assertion.