What's new

2020 Free Agency Thread

Or a PF/C that can shoot a basketball.
We’ve known about that need for a while... I just think it’s too hard to find one that can protect the rim and shoot so we chose protect the rim.

This is exactly how a situation will go:

Fan: Any chance the Jazz move Bradley and Davis to clear some cap space?

Tony: No, the Jazz used a first-round pick on Bradley and they like where he is at. He played great in the bubble.

*Jazz trade both Bradley and Davis days later*

Tony: This was the Jazz plan all along. They wanted to fix the backup center position. It makes a lot of sense.

Tony: No, the Jazz used a first-round pick on Bradley and they like where he is at. He played great in the bubble.

Tony: This was the Jazz plan all along. They wanted to fix the backup center position. It makes a lot of sense.
Thank you.

Again, nailed it and not hyperbole at all. Almost exactly how it happened/happens.

Here is what my guess is... we are basically done. Unless something unexpected knocks our socks off... like if Batum is interested in coming here... I think we are done. We might leave one roster spot open and Brantley gets the other two way. During the season if there is an injury or a g league guy that pops (prolly no season so that might not work) we will ride with these 13/14 guys.
Holding onto the BAE until waiving season might land the Jazz a decent player, especially if they're top 4 in the West.

Hey you said he was good and threw the comp out there. Next day you say you’d be surprised if we stay with him...

Why you defending the Locke flip flop?
I didnt know people were bound to their opinions on basketball strategy for life.

He also hasnt flip-flopped. Just a couple of posters being extra goofy without receipts or context.

So did I just read that the Jazz released the most athletic and eye-catching dude of their out-of-rotation projects, but NWG is still ****ing here?

NWG is not and never will be an NBA player.

We’ve known about that need for a while... I just think it’s too hard to find one that can protect the rim and shoot so we chose protect the rim.
Target Portis.
Draft Bey.

Obviously that is past-tense. The hardest to find players are rim-protectors that can shoot, so maybe you actually have to try to find a prospect that you can develop. Maybe try, I don’t know, ONE time? Ever?

Crazy thought.

This is how sports reporting works man. You have to read between the lines with things. There are truth and lies in any reporters pieces who operate on insider information.

You think everything Woj has said is a truth? No, plenty of it is stuff teams tell him to say as a favor. It's the game. If you dont want to support it, dont read the articles.

This is how sports reporting works man. You have to read between the lines with things. There are truth and lies in any reporters pieces who operate on insider information.

You think everything Woj has said is a truth? No, plenty of it is stuff teams tell him to say as a favor. It's the game. If you dont want to support it, dont read the articles.

When has Tony ever reported something the Jazz are doing such as interested in a player or potentially looking to free some cap space, etc. He doesn’t plain and simple. There have been multiple times where he has said one thing and it blows up in his face but he back pedals by reiterating why the move was good.

The dude is not plugged in at all like I said besides with Favors. He offers zero insight to anything the Jazz are doing.

I didnt know people were bound to their opinions on basketball strategy for life.

He also hasnt flip-flopped. Just a couple of posters being extra goofy without receipts or context.
Not really at all but if you want to eat out of their hands go ahead.

hard to believe we are done for this offseason despite of still being subject to LT... especially consider how far we've gone to offload Bradley and Ed's contract. all for what exactly?

we'll probably be paying a few $ less but we can always just sell those 3 draft picks for $ considerations had we hold onto them. kinda pointless but at least that way we won't get humiliated by New York ****ing Knicks

Last edited:
When has Tony ever reported something the Jazz are doing such as interested in a player or potentially looking to free some cap space, etc. He doesn’t plain and simple. There have been multiple times where he has said one thing and it blows up in his face but he back pedals by reiterating why the move was good.

The dude is not plugged in at all like I said besides with Favors. He offers zero insight to anything the Jazz are doing.
I think he’s insightful... he was first on the Favs thing. He’s not critical at all and doesn’t like to speculate. If you listen he will tell you what the FO is thinking imo.

Target Portis.
Draft Bey.

Obviously that is past-tense. The hardest to find players are rim-protectors that can shoot, so maybe you actually have to try to find a prospect that you can develop. Maybe try, I don’t know, ONE time? Ever?

Crazy thought.
Agree or you could be flexible with how you play when Rudy is out and get a one way option. I think Favs will be really good so I’m not gonna beat him up too much there... the draft was not good. Not churning some of the end of the roster would be lazy. Even if you believe in Miye it’s not like he’s a proven starter bring in someone that will compete for that playing time or might provide something he doesn’t. I don’t think he will be good at guarding the quicker players... will struggle with the same types that Royce does imo.

Agree or you could be flexible with how you play when Rudy is out and get a one way option. I think Favs will be really good so I’m not gonna beat him up too much there... the draft was not good. Not churning some of the end of the roster would be lazy. Even if you believe in Miye it’s not like he’s a proven starter bring in someone that will compete for that playing time or might provide something he doesn’t. I don’t think he will be good at guarding the quicker players... will struggle with the same types that Royce does imo.
He was closer to the bottom than the top in the combine athletic testing if that **** means anything (I think it means a lot when a player is fighting like hell just to make any roster AND their results aren’t great).

You forgot:

Fan: Thank you, Tony. Fantastic insight.

Tony: Thank you bro that really means a lot.

he did spoil the Azubuike pick minutes before the draft though, when everyone was so convinced on the Jazz taking a wing or PF. But he also send out 100 tweets daily so at least one of these 100 tweets will be spot on i guess

He was closer to the bottom than the top in the combine athletic testing if that **** means anything (I think it means a lot when a player is fighting like hell just to make any roster AND their results aren’t great).
Miye was?