What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

The Rockets are now 3-0 while using nobody over 6 foot 6

Like Shaq said 'it might be all nice and cute but it won't work in the playoffs against teams like Lakers, Clippers and Denver. Someone has to rebound against tall and lengthy players that they have."

Very interesting trade for Houston. Not only do they give up their best size, they give up Nene who has played some important ball for them in big moments when they needed size. They have to have some available big man in their sights either via buyout or small trade.

Atlanta gets their big, but then again, don't they already have Hunter and Len? How much better does Capella make them?

Hopefully this and the Knicks firing Steve Mills will open the trade floodgates.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Like Shaq said 'it might be all nice and cute but it won't work in the playoffs against teams like Lakers, Clippers and Denver. Someone has to rebound against tall and lengthy players that they have."
This plus when we play them in the playoffs we can have Rudy guard Westbrook and just live in the middle... he basically stopped shooting threes because he sucked so hard.

I think Drummond is going to end up stuck in Detroit... I think Atlanta was their main hope... Charlotte might bail them out... it matters a little bit because if Detroit is stuck with Andre they might feel more urgency to move Wood...

Denver is still asset rich and buying to compete now, and acquiring more assets. Sadly, our Jazz have emptied the cupboard just to get into the playoffs the last three years--happy for the Jazz, but recognize the challenge the current situation presents.

Last edited:
Rockets receive: Robert Covington, Jordan Bell, Warriors 2024 2nd round pick
Hawks receive: Clint Capela, Nene,
Timberpups receive: Malik Beasley, Juancho Henangomez, Jared Vanderbilt, Evan Turner, Atlantas First-round Pick (2020?)
Nugents receive: Shabaz Napier, Keita Bates-Diop, Gerald Green, Noah Vonleh, Rockets First-round Pick (2020?)

Denver is still asset rich and buying to compete now, and acquiring more assets. Sadly, our Jazz have emptied the cupboard just to get into the playoffs the last three years--happy for the Jazz, but recognize the challenge the current situation presents.
We emptied the cupboard for Mike Conley. That was the stupidity from day 1. We could have gotten Conley for nothing right now if we just waited. Once they got the #2 pick (Morant), we should have lowered our offer.

Dumb **** like this always dooms our contenders (overpaying Ostertag, not dumping AK's deal, trading for Conley).

Once they got the #2 pick (Morant), we should have lowered our offer.
Who’s to say they didn’t lower their offer, I’m sure they did. I’m guessing Memphis didn’t budge. I’m guessing Utah’s mistake wasn’t being patient and waiting for the price to come down when Memphis ultimately would’ve gotten desperate.

Who’s to say they didn’t lower their offer, I’m sure they did. I’m guessing Memphis didn’t budge. I’m guessing Utah’s mistake wasn’t being patient and waiting for the price to come down when Memphis ultimately would’ve gotten desperate.
Yep. Hawks only gave up a nets pick that's probably only gonna be in the teens for a top ten center Capela who's very much in his prime. Conley is top 10 PG in his dawn year. Have we waited, Mem will definitely start to get desperate and ask for less.

Listening to Locke... not real encouraging that we get something done... literally said with our assets we can’t pick up the phone... we are waiting for calls... I’m sure that’s not how it really works but I don’t think we are shaking things down like we should. Keeps saying upgrading TB is only like 8-10 minutes a night in the playoffs so not sure how much it matters... so when margins become thinnest we aren’t sure an upgrade is worth it... if it saves one playoff game it can swing a series. I’m now fully prepared for a super meh deadline.

We emptied the cupboard for Mike Conley. That was the stupidity from day 1. We could have gotten Conley for nothing right now if we just waited. Once they got the #2 pick (Morant), we should have lowered our offer.

Dumb **** like this always dooms our contenders (overpaying Ostertag, not dumping AK's deal, trading for Conley).

At least KOC would be willing to spend his money and take a flyer on guys like booz and our in the summer. I doubt DL has any plans other than bringing in a bunch of washed old dudes who only wanna collect their paychecks and won't stick around for more than two years. Like Boris, KK, Jeff, Ed, lol... ironically KOC ended his legacy by choosing Raja Bell over Matthews. Guys just won't learn their lesson...

Memphis created leverage by leaking trade rumours, thus upsetting Rubio. Smart move on their part, although it might cost them a chance to move Iguodala. Still, I wonder if Jazz were bidding against themselves in the Mike Conley "Sweepstakes".

Listening to Locke... not real encouraging that we get something done... literally said with our assets we can’t pick up the phone... we are waiting for calls... I’m sure that’s not how it really works but I don’t think we are shaking things down like we should. Keeps saying upgrading TB is only like 8-10 minutes a night in the playoffs so not sure how much it matters... so when margins become thinnest we aren’t sure an upgrade is worth it... if it saves one playoff game it can swing a series. I’m now fully prepared for a super meh deadline.
Vonleh was the kind of deals we could get. Watched that one go up in smoke last night from the comforts of my bedroom.

At least KOC would be willing to spend his money and take a flyer on guys like booz and our in the summer. I doubt DL has any plans other than bringing in a bunch of washed old dudes who only wanna collect their paychecks and won't stick around for more than two years. Like Boris, KK, Jeff, Ed, lol... ironically KOC ended his legacy by choosing Raja Bell over Matthews. Guys just won't learn their lesson...
DL is so much better of a GM than KOC that it's not even funny. I actually fault KOC for giving DL a lot of his passivity and course-staying. Perhaps you're not remembering KOC bringing back the exact same flawed team three years in a row to get bounced by the Lakers in the post-season in successively less games each year.

Teams like Denver are getting richer and richer in assets because they focus on investing in young guys whose values will only go up. We spent our assets on older dudes who we all just let go for free, or have to get away assets to cut their contract in a couple of years.

Teams like Denver are getting richer and richer in assets because they focus on investing in young guys whose values will only go up. We spent our assets on older dudes who we all just let go for free, or have to get away assets to cut their contract in a couple of years.

We wasted alot on Exum thank God for Clarkson.

Wasn't he saying exact same thing before we traded for Clarkson? I have hard time believing that Cleveland called asking for Exum, I think it was our call.