What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

We still don't have a real PF on the roster. If they are happy with giving Ed Davis minutes to TB then trade Ed for a real PF.

I can definitely see the Jazz trading Davis, Bradley, Niang, Mudiay and one of the rookies put bring in another major need before the trading deadline. Maybe they let Jeff Green go so that the Jazz can bring Niang's trade value up too.

If Otto Porter weren't perpetually injured, I think the Jazz would look at that as a possibility.

I probably would too, but out for a long time, forgot about him.

Another option might be Miami for Winslow + bad money (Johnson/Waiters) to get them under the luxury tax? I'd hope to have it be Winslow/Olynyk/one of the bad money guys.

Deals with the low salary guys are kind of tough in a way too, nobody wants to trade their good low salary players, and adding up a bunch of our low salary guys for 1 medium salary guy isn't really how it works, nobody wants to have to cut 2-3 guys to receive a borderline 2nd stringer.

That’s exactly how it works on the internet. You just have to add as many guys as need to match salaries and the other team is required to trade the player you want.
And what would we do if those rules changed?

#ProtectTheHomeTeam

So I know we’ve been focused on Baynes... but it seems maybe that Saric is the guy that’s going to lose PT with Ayton back. He’s a free agent at year end... doubt they get a first for him... I’ve always liked him but I think at this point he kinda is who he is... wonder if Quin could use him differently/better. I’m not sure they get an offer better than a few seconds for him... as a pending free agent he’s likely not too happy to be the odd man out.

Man, I would really love Blake Griffin on this team with DM playing the PG. He's a great team mate and a smart funny classy dude too. After the DET game he gathered with Utah players, had a lengthy friendly talk. Then I imagined him being a part of this team. We would ****ing win it all man. I know it's not easy to trade for him and it probably doesn't make sense anyway but a man can dream.

Last season he was killing it, started the season so well, lead his team to a ton of wins. Not sure why he's so bad this season. Also his contract doesn't fit Utah's timeline, i.e. timing of Gobert and DM's extensions. But wouldn't DM - Jingles - Bojan - Blake - Gobert be super formidable? If Utah was desperate perhaps they could send Conley and acquire BG some way. But it's a big big risk no FO would take. No one's that bold, right?

Man, I would really love Blake Griffin on this team with DM playing the PG. He's a great team mate and a smart funny classy dude too. After the DET game he gathered with Utah players, had a lengthy friendly talk. Then I imagined him being a part of this team. We would ****ing win it all man. I know it's not easy to trade for him and it probably doesn't make sense anyway but a man can dream.

Last season he was killing it, started the season so well, lead his team to a ton of wins. Not sure why he's so bad this season. Also his contract doesn't fit Utah's timeline, i.e. timing of Gobert and DM's extensions. But wouldn't DM - Jingles - Bojan - Blake - Gobert be super formidable? If Utah was desperate perhaps they could send Conley and acquire BG some way. But it's a big big risk no FO would take. No one's that bold, right?

This right here could be sweet cause DM starting at the point would be an upgrade in itself, and can Blake do any worst than “Mountain Mike” has this far. Then we trade Davis and NWG with a 2nd for Baynes.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

From Shams Charania's "Inside Pass" in The Athletic

• Hawks wants Dedmon or Steven Adams and a backup point guard
  • Warriors looking to deal Glenn Robinson III and Burks
  • Teams are targeting Marcus Morris and Davis Bertans. Morris wants to stay with Knicks, Wiz want to keep Bertans and sign him to a big deal in July
  • Memphis confident they can move Iguodala for draft pick(s)
  • Cleveland working to find partner for a Kevin Love trade, but teams are reluctant to take on his 3 years 90mil
  • Several teams doing due diligence on Kuzma, but Lakers view him as part of their core

From Shams Charania's "Inside Pass" in The Athletic

• Hawks wants Dedmon or Steven Adams and a backup point guard
  • Warriors looking to deal Glenn Robinson III and Burks
  • Teams are targeting Marcus Morris and Davis Bertans. Morris wants to stay with Knicks, Wiz want to keep Bertans and sign him to a big deal in July
  • Memphis confident they can move Iguodala for draft pick(s)
  • Cleveland working to find partner for a Kevin Love trade, but teams are reluctant to take on his 3 years 90mil
  • Several teams doing due diligence on Kuzma, but Lakers view him as part of their core

Any mention of the Spurs? They'll either miss the playoffs or get blown out in the first round. They're at a crossroads and could move LMA, DD or Rudy Gay. If they don't want to pay Poeltl, they could move him too.

Any mention of the Spurs? They'll either miss the playoffs or get blown out in the first round.

Nope. Seems like none of these teams with bad records want to really do anything. Even though the records are ****** they don't want to signal to the fans that they're giving up already since they're all technically only like 2 games out of the playoffs.

So I know we’ve been focused on Baynes... but it seems maybe that Saric is the guy that’s going to lose PT with Ayton back. He’s a free agent at year end... doubt they get a first for him... I’ve always liked him but I think at this point he kinda is who he is... wonder if Quin could use him differently/better. I’m not sure they get an offer better than a few seconds for him... as a pending free agent he’s likely not too happy to be the odd man out.
Kaminsky is now out indefinitely. This hurts our chances at any PHX player, I’m afraid.