What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

I've never been a big fan of the guy, but I think WCS can be had. The physical tools and athleticism have always been great... motivation and skill not necessarily. I don't think he's a locker room issue at all, but not sure he's a guy disciplined/focused enough to work with Quin.

I think Tony is doing an okay job and is playable, but I just get the impression he is lost too often... like even when Rudy was checking in the other night he seemed confused... Rudy kinda chuckled. DM and others go the other way on his screens a lot... and I see dudes talking to him constantly… sometimes calmly... other times in a more flustered fashion. That type of stuff gets magnified in the playoffs and I think we'd be silly to role with Tony headed into the post season.

I think he sucks but it might not be a terrible move if the Jazz knew he would buy in and work hard. He's much like Mudiay in a lot of ways. He has the physical tools to succeed but he needs to learn how to play the right way and make the right play instead of stat hunting.

So I'm just going to go ahead and lobby for Al Horford (even though he is likely unavailable [now]) or Kevin Love.

Yeah, it could get ugly on the backend. But our window is the next two years and I think we should go for it. I'd rather try to figure out a lineup that's too big and have the insurance rather than figure out a lineup that's too small and way too guard heavy.

If you could throw Davis in the deal (which I think you could with Love), you save >$6 million in salary next year (provided Conley would've opted in). That should be enough to keep Clarkson, Royce, and roll into free agency with the full MLE.

Come at me.
I agree, but those two IMO aren’t the answer

We need a non-tweener power forward (6'10) who can defend and comes cheap trade-wise. Someone like Noah Vonleh.

Can Vonleh defend? Can rebound like a bawse. Pass decently. He’s shooting abysmally this year from deep (14%) but he’s >30% for his career and always played on crap teams. He might be a good get actually in that he might actually be attainable despite our lack of assets and he offers something we don’t have right now. He’s also just 24 y/o and could make himself into a better player here.

Can Vonleh defend? Can rebound like a bawse. Pass decently. He’s shooting abysmally this year from deep (14%) but he’s >30% for his career and always played on crap teams. He might be a good get actually in that he might actually be attainable despite our lack of assets and he offers something we don’t have right now. He’s also just 24 y/o and could make himself into a better player here.

He can defend and rebound. Not much of a passer. For what we'd be willing to trade (Niang, Davis, Goss) I think he'd be a realistic landing as he's on a 1 year contract and the Wolves stink (and they don't play him much, either, as at PF and C they have guys like Towns, Reid, Bates-Diop, Dieng and Covington).

He can defend and rebound. Not much of a passer. For what we'd be willing to trade (Niang, Davis, Goss) I think he'd be a realistic landing as he's on a 1 year contract and the Wolves stink (and they don't play him much, either, as at PF and C they have guys like Towns, Reid, Bates-Diop, Dieng and Covington).
Wow!! I had no clue he was on the wolves.

I like Vonleh... he’s a center in today’s game. Mudiay for Vonleh makes sense for both teams once Conley is back.

Wow!! I had no clue he was on the wolves.

The dude has been around (Wolves are his 5th team) and he's still only 24.

I like Vonleh... he’s a center in today’s game. Mudiay for Vonleh makes sense for both teams once Conley is back.

He has a midrange shot which is intriguing. It's fallen well some seasons. He could play either position.

I'm not going to pretend the guy would come in and average double figures in limited minutes but he'd be able to guard guys like Ingram much better than Royce which makes me want to trade for him (noone can expect Royce to guard a 6'7 guy who has a 7'3 wingspan. One can't blame Royce as he's not Inspector Gadget).

Last edited:
The dude has been around (Wolves are his 5th team) and he's still only 24.

He has a midrange shot which is intriguing. It's fallen well some seasons. He could play either position.

I'm not going to pretend the guy would come in and average double figures in limited minutes but he'd be able to guard guys like Ingram much better than Royce which makes me want to trade for him (noone can expect Royce to guard a 6'7 guy who has a 7'3 wingspan. One can't blame Royce as he's not Inspector Gadget).
Ingram would smoke him... He's had some good moments against Giannis in the past. He's thick and long arms and can move fairly well... but Ingram would absolutely blow past him.

Honestly I don't know why we don't give Morgan a try at the 5... kinda similar build to Vonleh or similar idea but Morgan has a better shot at becoming a shooter imo.

Guys like Ingram and KD that are so long and move well and can shoot are basically impossible... you just kinda hope they miss in the midrange and you want to make them work.

Somebody start the Vonleh thread. Mudiay for Vonleh. Then figure out how to swing Davis for Bjelica.

He's someone that has been in bad development environments and has gotten better... I think we could do something with him... I was shocked he didn't get a bigger deal and ended up in Minny.