What's new

2020 NBA trade deadline discussion

kabenac said:
We need ….Someone like Noah Vonleh.

Somebody start the Vonleh thread.

Well done. Some "we want Vonleh" posts. Kudos to you.

That guy was a solid player for us. We didn't have much to believe in, but we trusted him. He would come of the bench and he always seemed to do the right thing. Every team can use a guy like Vonleh (except the Knicks for some reason).

I listed 20 dudes last night I’d rather have. Didn’t even out Vonleh on the list. I feel like Jay from Clerks when he’s talking to Silent Bob. “I’ll **** anything that moves!” Except instead of **** I’d say trade for anything that moves.

Would you like me to list all the ex-Knicks who did brilliantly elsewhere? Here's just some current ones:

Robin Lopez
Trevor Ariza
Jamal Crawford
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Enes Kanter
Matt Barnes
Zach Randolph
Porzingis
Carmelo Anthony

We are the league's farm system. No need for a D-League team, just use the Knicks.
I’m just being a dick.

just do Ed Davis. Conley isn’t a model of health. If he went down again, we’ll need Mudiay.

So the guy that has the same problems fouling and protecting the rim but also ****s up the whole offense. I’m not opposed to going back to it but only after trying Morgan there and striking out at the deadline and missing out on buyout dudes.

Mudiay is going to get minutes when Conley comes back. DM, Mudiay and Clarkson have been playing a decent amount together. We're not afraid to run three guard lineups. Why would that suddenly change when Conley comes back? It's Niang who is likely to see decreased role/playing time because Royce is gonna be in that spot.

I'm down for getting Vonleh but it doesn't make sense to trade Mudiay to do it. He's one of our 8 best players. We're trying to win it all.

Holy **** Vonleh only makes 2M.

We could do NWG and a 2nd for him.

Keep Davis and Mudiay. They lust for such a stud pg anyway after trading Teague.

Mudiay is going to get minutes when Conley comes back. DM, Mudiay and Clarkson have been playing a decent amount together. We're not afraid to run three guard lineups. Why would that suddenly change when Conley comes back? It's Niang who is likely to see decreased role/playing time because Royce is gonna be in that spot.

I'm down for getting Vonleh but it doesn't make sense to trade Mudiay to do it. He's one of our 8 best players. We're trying to win it all.
I’m fine with keeping Mudiay but he won’t be playing much once Conley comes back... he just won’t... there aren’t enough wing minutes and if you are playing DM, JC and one of Bojan or Ingles mixed in with the second unit you likely don’t want a guy that doesn’t provide offball value. I’m fairly sure I’d like to have JC, DM and one of the other guys handle most of the on ball duties. Mudiay may get the Tucker 4 minutes.

I’d prefer to keep him but you have to trade something to get something and I could see them having interest in Mudiay. He’s not a dealbreaker for me.

Wolves probably will want Mudiay for Vonleh
Now that KAT is back Vonleh is likely out of the rotation...Dieng and Reid have been good... both are under contract for next year and one is a solid young player.

They might throw in their second to make it happen.

Now that KAT is back Vonleh is likely out of the rotation...Dieng and Reid have been good... both are under contract for next year and one is a solid young player.

They might throw in their second to make it happen.
My thoughts, then swing a three-way where Ed goes to Sacramento and we include seconds, as does Portland, and we get Bjelica.

If you get Vonleh he plays backup 5... then maybe Niang works a little better in the stretch 4 role... if Conley ends up starting Royce joining that unit would give them some defense. there will likely be some buyout wing guys or stretch 4s... wet bandit could be one... maybe ariza if he isn't completely washed.

If you get Vonleh he plays backup 5... then maybe Niang works a little better in the stretch 4 role... if Conley ends up starting Royce joining that unit would give them some defense. there will likely be some buyout wing guys or stretch 4s... wet bandit could be one... maybe ariza if he isn't completely washed.
Is Ariza on a two year deal? You think he’ll be bought out or just want to cash dem checks? I don’t care if he’s washed. As a minimum signing it’d be great. Vonleh + Ariza would have us good to go.

Conley
Mitchell
Ingles
Bogdanović
Gobert

Clarkson
Royce
Ariza
Niang
Vonleh

That’s a legit team.