What's new

2020 Presidential election

It's a historical fact Trump won, and a historical fact Russian propaganda was used to support Trump. Was that propaganda enough to swing the needed 80K votes in three key states? I don't know if anyone can answer that definitively, but it's not some crazy proposition.

On October 7, 2016 the access Hollywood tape came out. Later that day, Wikileaks released damaging emails stolen by Russia. That forced the Access Hollywood story quickly off the headlines.

Not only were they spreading disinformation on social media, and stealing from the DNC, they were helping to cover the Trump from scandals that would’ve sunk anyone else. The Mueller report part 1 covers so much of Russia’s attack that it almost becomes too overwhelming to keep track of the individual attacks that most likely had big impacts on the electorate.

China might not be our friend. But Russia has no peer in its hostility towards democracy and the west.

Reactions: Red
It becomes a littttttle more possible when you step up and vote for him again.
If he wins, I'd be more welcoming to taking that blame rather than all the other alternatives that will surface.

If he wins, I'd be more welcoming to taking that blame rather than all the other alternatives that will surface.
I’d love to hear the range of alternatives you see as probable. Then, I’d love to see you separate this field of alternatives into two categories: (a) those that would likely produce better outcomes than if Trump we’re re-elected, and (b) those that would likely be worse than if he were re-elected.

I’d love to hear the range of alternatives you see as probable. Then, I’d love to see you separate this field of alternatives into two categories: (a) those that would likely produce better outcomes than if Trump we’re re-elected, and (b) those that would likely be worse than if he were re-elected.
Let me clarify: when I said alternatives, I was referring to alternative explanations as to why he won (explanations that presume people voting for him wasn't the reason he won).

EZDLAR4XsAAsihw

Let me clarify: when I said alternatives, I was referring to alternative explanations as to why he won (explanations that presume people voting for him wasn't the reason he won).
Ok. Perhaps I should go back through the last few pages and see what the controversy is. Because while, yes, people in this divided country certainly voted for him, it’s plainly obvious that he’s in office because those people were aligned well enough according to the Electoral College’s method of assigning points. That is, NOT because the majority of people wanted him to be president.

Ok. Perhaps I should go back through the last few pages and see what the controversy is. Because while, yes, people in this divided country certainly voted for him, it’s plainly obvious that he’s in office because those people were aligned well enough according to the Electoral College’s method of assigning points. That is, NOT because the majority of people wanted him to be president.
Sure, and that's a viable explanation. To save you time, I was trying to ascertain if it were possible for Trump to be re-elected this fall by the country or if the default belief is that if he's re-elected, it's because [some reason other than he was voted in].

Sure, and that's a viable explanation. To save you time, I was trying to ascertain if it were possible for Trump to be re-elected this fall by the country or if the default belief is that if he's re-elected, it's because [some reason other than he was voted in].
Cool. I wonder why there would be suspicion surrounding his re-election? Just another way that Trump is being victimized, I guess.

To be clear, do you accept that votes can be swayed by advertising and propaganda?

Btw, it’s not just a “viable” explanation.

Who has claimed Trump was not voted in during the 2016 election?

Cool. I wonder why there would be suspicion surrounding his re-election? Just another way that Trump is being victimized, I guess.
I'm assuming the last comment is a response to an amalgam of individuals perceived as similar in ideology due to being viewed as being on one side of an arbitrary line?

To be clear, do you accept that votes can be swayed by advertising and propaganda?
Yes. To be more clear, do you think that votes and opinions were swayed toward Bernie by Russian advertising and propaganda?

I'm assuming the last comment is a response to an amalgam of individuals perceived as similar in ideology due to being viewed as being on one side of an arbitrary line?
It’s in response to the spirit of our times. After all, I’m sentient and I speak English... and I’m able to understand all the times when the chief executive stands up and makes statements about how he’s been victimized.

Who has claimed Trump was not voted in during the 2016 election?
My response was to this original comment:
Especially considering the **** they pulled in 2016, and the hellish result we've been living with on a daily basis.
And my question was if it were possible that Trump won. The implication is that because of "the **** they pulled in 2016" that we've been living with "the hellish result ... on a daily basis," which I take to mean Trump being president. The originator of the intent of my questions asking if it were possible that Trump actually won by saying "Possible, yes. But they undeniably helped him."

It’s in response to the spirit of our times. After all, I’m sentient and I speak English... and I’m able to understand all the times when the chief executive stands up and makes statements about how he’s been victimized.
Ah. Well, I tend to enjoy engaging with what people have actually said.