What's new

2020 Presidential election

Eh, I'm trying to get under your skin a little for such an arrogant post.

I'd have to see how she campaigned. I'd have to see how she answered for working in the Trump administration. I'd have to see what she stood for. There's a good chance she'd have to go after Trump's base, in which case I wouldn't vote for her. But my hope is that Trump's base gets thrown on the bonfire when the RNC tries to distance itself from Trump after this election and she'd be free to say that Trump was garbage.

I think she's smart. I think she's competent. I think she'd make a fantastic first female nominee for President from the RNC.

Don't forget, Thriller, as much as we mutually dislike Trump, I do not consider myself a Democrat or Republican. I'm on team D until Trumpism has been fully purged from our political system, but once the purge is complete, there's a lot I like about fiscal conservatism. The right candidate with the right message will get me pretty much every time.

Only because Trump will be on the Presidential ballot twice will I have more votes for Democratic Presidential candidates than Republican. I voted for Dole, I voted for McCain.

The only Presidential vote I'd do over is I voted none of the above in Obama vs Romney. If I had it to do over again I'd vote for one of them. Either one.
This is pretty much how I feel as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Haley could be a key player in 2024, but it will be interesting to see how she veers in a post-Trump party. Some of her positions are at odds with the current R base so she will either move towards them and corrupt some of her goodwill or the party simply shifts to be a bit more approachable.

The brainwashed cult proved sufficient to get him elected last time. Those who choose to ignore the past....

Are you kidding? I didn’t spend years as a student of history for nothing. The past informs the present, my friend, and it sure helped me recognize Trump. I would never write him off. Even if he loses. I just felt that cheering for, actually encouraging, warfare between Americans is simply not something to be happy about. It’s delusional to think that is a good thing for our nation. One advantage, though, is we will have had nearly 4 years living under his insanity. Will enough people say “Hell yeah, I want more of this ****!!” to keep him in office? Well, I know Biden wins no popularity contest on JazzFanz, but Biden did nail it, IMHO, when he said “this is a battle for the soul of our country”, and I agree, It is, and I hope more that enough recognize the fascist strain in American politics to say “I’ve had enough of this ****. Begone Darth Vader!”

Last edited:
Eh, I'm trying to get under your skin a little for such an arrogant post.
LOL Okay.

I'd have to see how she campaigned. I'd have to see how she answered for working in the Trump administration. I'd have to see what she stood for. There's a good chance she'd have to go after Trump's base, in which case I wouldn't vote for her. But my hope is that Trump's base gets thrown on the bonfire when the RNC tries to distance itself from Trump after this election and she'd be free to say that Trump was garbage.

I think she's smart. I think she's competent. I think she'd make a fantastic first female nominee for President from the RNC.

I see things differently. I think she is smart. But that's what makes her enabling Trump and continuing to use her platform to promote Trumpism so bad. Some, like Louie Gomert don't know any better. She however, does. That disqualifies her in my mind. I don't care how she campaigns in the future. Her country needed her. She should've been resisting the worst demons in our country, not emboldening them. She failed the test.

Don't forget, Thriller, as much as we mutually dislike Trump, I do not consider myself a Democrat or Republican. I'm on team D until Trumpism has been fully purged from our political system, but once the purge is complete, there's a lot I like about fiscal conservatism. The right candidate with the right message will get me pretty much every time.

Which is weird to me. Democrats have proven over the past 30 years to be the party of fiscal conservatism. Biden, Obama, and Clinton have proven to be more fiscally conservative than their Republican counterparts. You'd have to go to Eisenhower to find a fiscally conservative Republican. The last 4 Republican presidents have been particularly bad with fiscal conservatism. What about Democrats gives you pause here? Furthermore, is fiscal conservatism really the issue after this pandemic? We're going to need a lot more government expenditure to rebuild our country's economy after this pandemic. And our glaring health care issues, safety nets, and necessary research to prevent pandemics isn't going to be resolved without serious investment.

Only because Trump will be on the Presidential ballot twice will I have more votes for Democratic Presidential candidates than Republican. I voted for Dole, I voted for McCain.

The only Presidential vote I'd do over is I voted none of the above in Obama vs Romney. If I had it to do over again I'd vote for one of them. Either one.

Which actually brings up something I was thinking about. Haley doesn't scare me. Romney however, does. If the GOP had a brain instead of an overgrown Id, it would dump Trump right now and nominate Romney. They could keep the Trump base engaged by selling them on judges (RBG and Alito will most likely be replaced this cycle). They could pick off parts of the Biden coalition by appealing to moderates, suburban women, and college educated whites. They could use his impeachment vote as a way to give Never Trumpers a conservative home. I don't know of Romney would be enough, as I think the GOP brand has been spoiled this cycle. But if the GOP dumped Trump for Romney right now, I'd definitely be more worried than I am now.

As it stands right now, the election will begin in about 2 months. Mail-in voting will be huge with the pandemic. Thanks to Trump, he's down double digits nationally. No one has come back from such a deficit. And thanks to his leadership, the pandemic will continue to get worse between now and election day, making it impossible to campaign as an incumbent. He's running 5+ % pt deficits in most swing states. Even in two states that lean right, Texas and Florida, are now tossups. This forces him to exhaust time and money to keep those in his camp. If there's one good thing to come out of the pandemic, it's that Trump and DeSantis have essentially guaranteed that Florida will remain the epicenter of the virus for the world from now until at least election day. That's probably not going to bode well for Trump in a key state. It really won't matter what happens in the rust belt if he loses that state. So nice job Donald! Clearly, ignoring the pandemic in key swing states to argue about statues isn't a winning strategy.

Last edited:
Trump said a few days ago that all people are created equal*.

* Exemptions include blacks, hispanics, immigrants, LGBT, those in blue states, non-believers in red states, people who get captured in wars, people with funny names, etc. For a full list, please see donaldjtrump.com for details.

I've just got to finish a few more of these beers to make room in the bottles for some molotov ****tails...

bye bye SLC

ha ha

I've got all the empties. But beer is small potatos. Jack and some of the real artsy glass keggers.

Imagine supporting such needless cruelty

I actually wonder if this is an attempt to force universities to have face to face school? We all know trump wants a return to normalcy (or at least a facade of normalcy) to boost his re-election chances. If most major universities are teaching online, it trickles down to K-12.

ha ha

I've got all the empties. But beer is small potatos. Jack and some of the real artsy glass keggers.
You have none of the empties. None of them.

Beer, "jack" and whatever you mean by "keggers" have nothing to do with making a molotov cocktail.

I'm filling those bottles with gasoline, topping it with a nice cotton rag, then lighting it on fire before I throw it at my desired target.

I mean 90% of U.S. cities have been burned down from what I've read on redneck facebook, so it's time for SLC to go!

SURPRISING FACT
No president since 1940 with an approval rating below 48% has won reelection, while every president with an approval rating above 49% has, according to FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver. That bodes poorly for Trump, who has never polled above 47% in the RealClearPolitics average.

I realize the Republicans are not that great right now, but Democrats down right suck. It blows my mind that most of you want these idiots in charge. At least Republicans like the US.