What's new

2020 Presidential election

The federal government requires the insurance companies to cover the contraceptives. If the employer does not wish to pay for it, the employer can sign a waiver, and the insurance company will offer the coverage separately to the employee. Some companies are refusing to sign the waiver, to make sure the insurance company does not cover the employee, saying signing a waiver would make them complicit in the employee getting birth control.

What's your opinion on that?
Still confused. Is this current rules or proposed rules? Does employee get insurance minus contraception and then pay separately for contraception only coverage, or do they opt out and pay for their own coverage completely thru Obamacare?

So I have a question. When did people start buying merchandise featuring politicians? Like I see MAGA hats and Trump flags and t-shirts and stuff. Is that how its always been? I don't remember seeing things like that in the past but maybe its just cause i never cared about politics so I didn't notice. Maybe i saw t-shirts and hats of past politicians and just didn't know who they were.

I cant ever imagine myself wearing an item of clothing featuring a politician or buying a flag promoting a politician. Seems weird to me.

Political buttons go back a ways. Not sure how far back into the 19th century....

Well, they go back as far as Washington, but really took off at the end of the 19th century.

Lincoln was the first to use buttons strategically as a campaign tool.

53E579B8-973F-477A-B277-F573970E3F30.jpeg

You can see some of the oldest here:

Last edited:
Still confused. Is this current rules or proposed rules? Does employee get insurance minus contraception and then pay separately for contraception only coverage, or do they opt out and pay for their own coverage completely thru Obamacare?

This was established in the Little Sisters SCOTUS case. My understanding of Obamacare is that you have to take insurance through work if it is available, and yes, the employee gets coverage minus contraception, and then pays for the contraception out-of-pocket (no separate policy).

Yes. Absolutely. The Biden would dwell on Biden's tweet for weeks while: a) the media treats Trump with kid gloves and b) Trump fills the zone with so much **** it's hard to keep up. The mere fact that Obama's tan suit got longer attention than Donald's Russia Bounties is example 1,457,305,284 of the double standard the media has for competent Democrats vs incompetent Republican rodeo clowns.

It's stupid to say for the 1/1000th time. He doesn't understand fractions.
It's stupid to suggest that our growing case number is due to an increase in testing and not to skyrocketing community spread. You cannot blow off scientific measures like social distancing and masks and expect the virus to not spread.

/end

I think you meant the media would dwell on Biden's tweet for weeks. I guess I can see how you would feel that way, but I disagree. Trump gets so much negative attention daily (deservedly so in my opinion) that focusing anything negative on Biden may be more drawn out because there is less to focus on. Then again, the Stormy Daniels crap was EVERYWHERE. EVERYWHERE. The Kavanaugh stuff was everywhere. I recall many Repubs. stating that Bill Clinton was just as bad, with the Dem response being he is no longer our president, so it isn't comparable. I watch a lot of news, and the Tara Reade accusation has gotten very little front page treatment even though she made a written complaint at the time. Why aren't Dems outraged like they were with Kavanaugh? I'm so tired of the double standards on both sides. As a father with two daughters, neither political party in this country has my support. They have done everything not to deserve it.

I like Biden more than any other Dem candidate politically. I've always been a proponent of stability when it comes to the economy, foreign policy, etc., and I think Biden fits that mold. Still, as someone who loves my country, I am disgusted that we can't get a cleaner representative to lead us.

I don't want people accused of sexual assault (Tara Reade's brother confirmed her remembers her telling her about it at the time) in the Oval Office, on the Supreme Court, etc. Both parties justify and downplay it. I'm just disgusted at the direction the leadership of our country has moved towards. Maybe it is society in general, as we allow this to happen.

Last edited:
Yes, it would be horrible to provide free education. Heaven knows that only those who can afford it truly deserve an education.

Thoughts like this are what caused the Govt. to guarantee student loans while increasing the limits. Everyone should be able to go to college! Well, those guaranteed loans made a lot of people guaranteed money at the backs of students with ever-increasing tuition. My loan suppliers are getting a guaranteed 7% rate of return from me. It is insane. We would have been better off building more state institutions and offering free tuition.

My sister is a professor in a state that recently started providing free community college. She saw a huge drop-off in quality of students and work, as people getting things for "free" didn't appreciate the value. Attendance % dropped, and she doesn't like teaching anymore.

I'm all for reforming the educational system that our loan policies have allowed to increase at crazy rates. Free state college I agree with. Using taxpayer dollars to forgive loans from private institutions charging 30k a year for undergrad is not appropriate in my estimation. If you want to go to that school, pay for it yourself! I also think the Gov't should quit the loan guarantees, and allow loans to be discharged in bankruptcy. I guarantee you'd see tuition drops, and schools would restructure to be more efficient.

I think you meant the media would dwell on Biden's tweet for weeks. I guess I can see how you would feel that way, but I disagree. Trump gets so much negative attention daily (deservedly so in my opinion) that focusing anything negative on Biden may be more drawn out because there is less to focus on. Then again, the Stormy Daniels crap was EVERYWHERE. EVERYWHERE. The Kavanaugh stuff was everywhere. I recall many Repubs. stating that Bill Clinton was just as bad, with the Dem response being he is no longer our president, so it isn't comparable. I watch a lot of news, and the Tara Reade accusation has gotten very little front page treatment even though she made a written complaint at the time. Why aren't Dems outraged like they were with Kavanaugh? I'm so tired of the double standards on both sides. As a father with two daugthers, neither political party in this country has my support. They have done everything not to deserve it.

I like Biden more than any other Dem candidate politically. I've always been a proponent of stability when it comes to the economy, foreign policy, etc., and I think Biden fits that mold. Still, as someone who loves my country, I am disgusted that we can't get a cleaner representative to lead us.

I don't want people accused of sexual assault (Tara Reade's brother confirmed her remembers her telling her about it at the time) in the Oval Office, on the Supreme Court, etc. Both parties justify and downplay it. I'm just disgusted at the direction the leadership of our country has moved towards. Maybe it is society in general, as we allow this to happen.
Good post

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't know who this goldstandard fellow is but he reminds me a lot of Siro so far. Which is a good thing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This was established in the Little Sisters SCOTUS case. My understanding of Obamacare is that you have to take insurance through work if it is available, and yes, the employee gets coverage minus contraception, and then pays for the contraception out-of-pocket (no separate policy).

Blocking the coverage seems like horse poop to me. They've gone from a valid issue (not paying for something that they oppose) to imposing their values on employees.

It is kinda a joke anyway since most Catholics practice birth control, but far be it from me to make sense of religion.

Biden's VP pick, if he ever chooses one, will be telling if he's on board with the radical left. The fact Biden is now largely supporting Bernie's free tuition and student loan elimination is worrisome.
Lol.
I wish we had a few more pressing issues for you to worry about right now.

Is Donald Trump actually Andy Kaufman? The best character since Tony Clifton.

What’s wrong with some form of free tuition and/or student loan forgiveness? Seems to me that those things might be necessary if we ever hope to restart this economy and turn the tables on wealth inequality. Especially for those going into the medical profession. After this pandemic we might need it to rebuild our health care system.

Like we understand most western democracies do these sort of things for its citizens, right?

Or they can be a big boy/girl and pay it off themselves by working hard, learning responsibility, and picking a field in demand.