What's new

2021 Free Agency

The Bulls are still 19.5 under the cap.

The Jazz can trade Bojan + Scrub for Lauri. That dumps some salary and gives the Jazz a backup 5.

Gobert
Markannen
Gay
Oneale
Mitchell

That's some crazy length and 3 high end defenders (Gobert, Gay,Oneale).
I wouldn't call Gay an high-end defender. He is just good and this forces O'neale to defend guards more which has been a problem. May be Royce would do better with Gay around but I am not sure about that.

But lebron by himself couldn't even take the Lakers to the playoffs in 2019. It wasn't until the AD trade that made them a real title contender.
Can you please specify exactly which scenario free agents apply to winning a championship instead of only drafts and trades? Because I can’t move the goal post anymore

This just in per Woj, Kevin love is being bought out and is signing with the Lakers.

oh shoot, sorry, the tweet is coming out next week

I wouldn't call Gay an high-end defender. He is just good and this forces O'neale to defend guards more which has been a problem. May be Royce would do better with Gay around but I am not sure about that.
Fair. He did have the 3rd best defensive rating but that is just probably a function of playing for the low scoring Spurs and vet savvy.

'Kieff signing with the Heat.

Jazz better not be taking a break if they wanna get some vet versatility at the C spot. Can I get ummmmmmmmmm Tank?

If Marc Gasol is furious enough with the Lakers I'd love to take him off their hands.
Oh I would kill to have him. But after gutting their roster and how perfectly he does all the little things to make lineups work, I think he should be one of their more prized players. Before today, he was their best shooter, and that combined with his size allows AD to play PF.

But yes. All the way there with you.

What other experienced stretch 5s are on the free agent market besides Kaminsky?

The Bulls are still 19.5 under the cap.

The Jazz can trade Bojan + Scrub for Lauri. That dumps some salary and gives the Jazz a backup 5.

Gobert
Markannen
Gay
Oneale
Mitchell

That's some crazy length and 3 high end defenders (Gobert, Gay,Oneale).
So we are giving up a starter for a backup 5 while we spent a 1st on our backup center to have him sit another year on the bench. Our backup center is going to get about 15-20 minutes most nights. I doubt Lauri would be happy with that role.

So we are giving up a starter for a backup 5 while we spent a 1st on our backup center to have him sit another year on the bench. Our backup center is going to get about 15-20 minutes most nights. I doubt Lauri would be happy with that role.
Lauri would mostly (if not exclusively) be playing PF though.