What's new

2021 Free Agency

There has been so many moving parts and being out of the loop… there is just some weirdo **** out there… Chicago has Derozan, Lavine and Ball? What is going on in New Orleans? The Lakers signed 14 minimum guys?

Sometimes building on continuity is good.

THE BLAZERS GAVE POWELL 90 ****ING MILLION.

There has been so many moving parts and being out of the loop… there is just some weirdo **** out there… Chicago has Derozan, Lavine and Ball? What is going on in New Orleans? The Lakers signed 14 minimum guys?

Sometimes building on continuity is good.
Yeah, but sometimes waiving Jarrell
Brantley and signing James Ennis is better.

I doubt the Jazz go into the season with a 15 man roster, likely to stay at 14. So, we bringing back Oni or signing someone else?

Roster Spots:

1. Gobert
2. Bogey
3. Royce
4. Mitchell
5. Conley
6. Whiteside
7. Gay
8. Ingles
9. Clarkson
10. Butler
11. Doke
12. Hughes
13. Brantley

14. Oni

2W. Forrest
2W.
Would let Brantley walk and replace him with Justise Winslow and use our last roster spot on Dante Exum. Then sign Tyler Bey on a 2-way deal.

If we’re done, it feels a bit incomplete, and like we haven’t REALLY addressed the perimeter defense need.

Like I still don’t know who we put on Jamal Murray or Paul George.

Is there any kind of trade that can be made with GS to bring in Paschall with giving up some assets and a TPE? If we add him to Gay and Whiteside over Favs and Georges than I’m happy as hell with our offseason. Butler and Forest with the return of Money Mike gives us great guard depth already.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Why do we want Paschall? Gay getting the backup 4 minutes already. Paschall was also telling Donovan he needed to leave Utah on the IG live. Not sure why we all of a sudden are so into him.

Why do we want Paschall? Gay getting the backup 4 minutes already. Paschall was also telling Donovan he needed to leave Utah on the IG live. Not sure why we all of a sudden are so into him.
RHJ and Smokes.

The only need Paschall fills is appeasing Don.

I was hoping for at least 2 6’6 to 6’8 enforcer types. Sounds like that’s not happening. Just waive Brantley and Oni and sign two of Ennis, Winslow, or RHJ. We are still fundamentally a roster that is entirely a bunch of short guards, 3 large rim-protecting centers, and long but unathletic wings that shoot the three, but now featuring Rudy Gay!

I like Rudy Gay, but I don’t think you just add one dude that’s a little different and voila, the roster is “versatile.”

Last edited:
The only need Paschall fills is appeasing Don.

I was hoping for at least 2 6’6 to 6’8 enforcer types. Sounds like that’s not happening. Just waive Brantley and Oni and sign two of Ennis, Winslow, or RHJ. We are still fundamentally a roster that is entirely a bunch of short guards, 3 large rim-protecting centers, and long but unathletic wings that shoot the three, but now featuring Rudy Gay!

I like Rudy Gay, but I don’t think you just add one dude that’s a little different and voila, the roster is “versatile.”
Agree… 1 guy does not make a roster versatile. Gay is more a guy you put on Lebron and Kawhi… still need some defenders in the sg/sf mold.

Imagine him playing with Rudy though. I have a lot of faith in him.
I love gay… I think he could be great for us. I think him and Gobert could murder the offensive glass when sharing the court. Same with whiteside.

Why does everyone say Gay didn’t help the defense? Dude has amazing defensive analytics.
Not saying Gay doesn’t help. I just think we needed 2-3 wing defenders. The three guys I think we needed to add are:

(1) an athletic guy that can guard 3-5 and play small ball 5 (we nailed this with Gay)
(2) a starter level athletic guy that can guard 2-4;
(3) a budget option guy that can guard 2-4 (still very much a possibility)

Maybe landing all three of those was too big of an ask in a single offseason with all the problems DL left, but that was my hope.

My personal opinion is (2) is likely going to require us to give up Ingles/Bogey, Maybe we see how things go and pull that trigger at the deadline. That’s a totally reasonable thing to do. Still think we should sign a budget wing defender now though if that’s the plan.

Last edited:
Guard Free Agents to consider. I would image Ennis and Forbes are gettable.

2s
James Ennis
Danny Green
Terrance Davis

1s
Bryn Forbes
Corey Joseph
Reggie Jackson