What's new

2021 Free Agency

Conley, Butler, Forrest
Mitchell, Clarkson, Hughes
Bogey, Ingles, Brantley
Royce, Gay, Morgan
Rudy, Hassan, Doke

Am I missing anyone?

From what I understand Brantley, Morgan and Hughes are not guaranteed. Is this correct?

We need perimeter defense so RHJ, Winslow, DJJ or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on a minimum deal would probably be good. Let this player, whoever it is, focus on defense and threes, like Royce.

Conley, Butler, Forrest
Mitchell, Clarkson, Hughes
Bogey, Ingles, Brantley
Royce, Gay, Morgan
Rudy, Hassan, Doke

Am I missing anyone?

From what I understand Brantley, Morgan and Hughes are not guaranteed. Is this correct?

We need perimeter defense so RHJ, Winslow, DJJ or Michael Kidd-Gilchrist on a minimum deal would probably be good. Let this player, whoever it is, focus on defense and threes, like Royce.
We didn’t give Morgan a QO, so he’s a UFA

Brantley was given a QO, so he’s a RFA... but still not a lock to make the roster.

Forrest could technically sign a two-way, but he may earn a roster spot.

Last edited:
My roster at this point

Conley, Butler, Forrest
Mitchell, Clarkson
O'Neale, Ingles
Bogey, Gay
Gobert, Whiteside, Doke

* I would give Forrest a contract
** Hughes and Brantley are on the bubble for making the team
*** Give Winslow a min contract
**** Try and trade for Paschall Maybe trade Doke
***** Give Frank N a min contract

Conley, Butler, Forrest
Mitchell, Clarkson, Frank N
O'Neale, Ingles, Winslow
Bogey, Gay, Paschall
Gobert, Whiteside

That would be my team.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

John Collins signed a 5/125M contract extension and got a player option for the 5th year.

@oneye where is Collins looking to go since he got that player option that you swore we didn’t have to give Donovan?

John Collins signed a 5/125M contract extension and got a player option for the 5th year.

@oneye where is Collins looking to go since he got that player option that you swore we didn’t have to give Donovan?
All player options lead to a loving embrace with James Dolan. This is obvious.

I’m definitely curious about what’s happening with Danny Green. He can definitely still help a good team. He’s not a minimum guy yet, right?
He’s going to be forced into it, unless he goes to a non-contender. But doesn’t LA still have the TPMLE?

My roster at this point

Conley, Butler, Forrest
Mitchell, Clarkson
O'Neale, Ingles
Bogey, Gay
Gobert, Whiteside, Doke

* I would give Forrest a contract
** Hughes and Brantley are on the bubble for making the team
*** Give Winslow a min contract
**** Try and trade for Paschall Maybe trade Doke
***** Give Frank N a min contract

Conley, Butler, Forrest
Mitchell, Clarkson, Frank N
O'Neale, Ingles, Winslow
Bogey, Gay, Paschall
Gobert, Whiteside

That would be my team.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app
- Hughes is guaranteed for next year, so can’t really be on the roster bubble unless we are trading or buying him out.
- Forrest should get another two-way deal. No reason not to.
- Brantley’s QO should be pulled yesterday. Move on from or find a trade for Oni.
- If we can flip Doke, Hughes, or Oni and a second for Paschall, fantastic. Otherwise, we have nothing I’d give up for him except as part of a bigger deal.
- Winslow, Ennis, Frank N, are all decent perimeter defenders that might be available for the minimum. All have flaws or wouldn’t be available. Sign one or two of em.
- sure feels like we are close to done. Don’t believe any major shakeup is coming.

He’s going to be forced into it, unless he goes to a non-contender. But doesn’t LA still have the TPMLE?
You nabbed my post just before I deleted it. Reports are that he’s clearly hunting for a salary beyond the minimum, and that there are several candidates for him involving S&T scenarios.

Lakers have the TPMLE. I was about to say that the Sixers have his Bird Rights, but I don’t think he has Bird Rights.

He SHOULD be the Lakers top priority.

WTF… we haven’t even signed anyone the board wanted today… it’s almost lunchtime in the east coast… JZ so lazy…

Totally kidding. We are in a great spot… super happy. Now find an opportunistic signing… preferably a wing defender. Can wait for the market to play out a bit.

Kemba, bought out by the Thunder, is going to the Knicks for $8 million a year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Happy for all involved… the OKC holding good players out BS kinda drives me crazy. I’ll bet Kemba gave back 20M or so though.

Brantley was given a QO, so he’s a RFA... but still not a lock to make the roster.
So... I'm not sure I understand QO completely, but if I were Brantley, I would just accept that QO immediately and be locked in for the year. Isn't that what it really means?

So... I'm not sure I understand QO completely, but if I were Brantley, I would just accept that QO immediately and be locked in for the year. Isn't that what it really means?
Yeah.... but he may not be interested in another year of being deeply buried on our bench. He could get scooped up by another team with more opportunity. He needs minutes ASAP, even if they’re in Europe (where he could also make money).

Yeah.... but he may not be interested in another year of being deeply buried on our bench. He could get scooped up by another team with more opportunity. He needs minutes ASAP, even if they’re in Europe (where he could also make money).
Long time fan an supporter of "releasing the Brantley" but after last night I feel the better course of action might be "releasing the Brantley... to another team".

I'm fine either way. Hughes settled down a little last night after his terrible first half and he did play defense last night which is new. Want to see the guys in Vegas before any huge sweeping assessments on some.

Forrest could be the small guard defender we need. I am very encouraged by him. Oni has some potential still but obvi disappointed. I'd like to clear one roster spot for a Justise Winslow, Tyler Bey, type flier... or see who gets released.

Currently the roster is

Conley
Donovan
Royce
Bojan
Gobert

With JC, Joe, Rudy Gay, Whiteside/Udoka off the bench. There is maybe 5-6 minutes for a wing or a guy like Forrest or Butler to pick up when healthy. When Mike/Joe sit out you are rolling with more minutes from Butler, Forrest, Oni. I'd keep one roster spot open for when cuts happen or if a Summer League guy pops. If nothing good comes up I'm comfortable rolling with the roster and adding in as injuries and opportunities allow. I'd consider a reliable vet option too... Darius Miller is the guy I'd use there.

Whatever we do at the end of the roster I'd realllyyyyyy like to get a team option for the second year... so that if we landed a guy with upside or a vet that surprises with their production... that we capture that upside for an extra year.