What's new

2021 Free Agency

Everyone forgetting that he's at 80% for his NBA career? ;)
Yep here's the link to prove it. He's 8/10 from the FT line in his NBA career (although only 1/2 last night)

I was gonna post it as a reply to the Udoka slander anyway

I noticed another player became a casualty of the Westbrook-Dinwiddie doings Garrison Matthews of the Wiz. A 6'5" 2 guard that averaged 5.5 ppg shooting 38% from 3. He had a 28 point game vs. the Heat in 2019-20. Would he be better than Oni?

The Memphis questionable offseason continues.
Perhaps. I have no idea what they did in the draft, or how they went from the organization that did what they did last year to the diarrhea storm of what they’re doing this year, but putting that aside:

They have a logjam of rotation-quality guards. Not sure that another bite at that apple and some 2nds is really what the doctor ordered, but trying to clear that logjam a little is probably what they’re thinking.

Lol there goes one of the pieces we gave up for Conley that was such an overpay am I right?

The current deal now looks like Jae Crowder, Sam Merrill, 2 firsts and 2 seconds lmao.

It looks better by the day.
Considering Jae Crowder would have helped us the last two postseasons more than Conley ended up helping us, I don't think it has looked that good at all.

But yeah, on paper and in the regular season, the trade looks fantastic.

I think I would trade Miye Oni at this point, unless he has a really strong camp. Some team would be happy to take his non-guaranteed contract.

His shooting has never really come together. His handle and playmaking haven't improved since his rookie year. Not sure what we're hanging on for with him.

Lol there goes one of the pieces we gave up for Conley that was such an overpay am I right?

The current deal now looks like Jae Crowder, Sam Merrill, 2 firsts and 2 seconds lmao.

It looks better by the day.
They also lost the ability to use those assets in other trades. To be fair.

Perhaps. I have no idea what they did in the draft, or how they went from the organization that did what they did last year to the diarrhea storm of what they’re doing this year, but putting that aside:

They have a logjam of rotation-quality guards. Not sure that another bite at that apple and some 2nds is really what the doctor ordered, but trying to clear that logjam a little is probably what they’re thinking.
They had a logjam at the 2. Grayson is fine but Bane and Melton have better ceilings. Grayson has one year left on his rookie deal. They obviously would prefer to get a first but a couple seconds isn’t that bad.

Speaking of FA, y’all remember when Donovan always posting on social media Mitchell posted literally anything about his extension in Utah last year? Yeah me neither. Pretty standard stuff to do so, but our humble little diva hates the people and being here so much he couldn’t stomach even a social media post acknowledging it.

What guys usually do when signing a $200 million contract:

Look, it’s inevitable that Don is going to leave Utah. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy or a diva. He’s said and done all the right things here and has actively engaged the community more than pretty much anyone I can remember. That is the most petty complaint I have seen. Are we in middle school?

Look, it’s inevitable that Don is going to leave Utah. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy or a diva. He’s said and done all the right things here and has actively engaged the community more than pretty much anyone I can remember. That is the most petty complaint I have seen. Are we in middle school?
He’s never disclosed his age. When he first started posting, I thought he was 40s, but then got a little too fanboyish. The way he behaves gives off a very late middle school / early high school vibe or someone who has very limited life experience. He thinks he’s made a novel discovery and assumes nobody else has made these connections because it didn’t melt our brain like it did his.

found the oneeye alt

Justice Winslow signs with the Clippers.

Suddenly, I’m really wishing we signed Winslow.

Considering Jae Crowder would have helped us the last two postseasons more than Conley ended up helping us, I don't think it has looked that good at all.

But yeah, on paper and in the regular season, the trade looks fantastic.
In what world does anyone believe Jae is better than Conley.

I thought none until now, that world lives in LoPo's mind.

Yes Jae would help the Jazz but in no way does he help more or is better than Conley.