What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

ESPN released a new Mock Draft today. I found my Insider log-in. I'll post a few names here.

1 ORL - Smith
2 OKC - Holmgren
3 HOU - Banchero
4 SAC - Ivey
5 DET - Murray
6 IND - Daniels
7 POR - Sharpe
8 NOL - Mathurin
9 SAN - Duren
10 WAS - Davis
11 NYK - Griffin
12 OKC - Dieng
13 CHA - Williams
14 CLE - Branham
15 CHA - Agbaji
16 ATL - Sochan
18 CHI - Eason
19 MIN - Jovic
22 MEM - Hardy
23 BRK - Liddell
27 MIA - Terry

37 SAC - Moore

Sochan at 16

ESPN released a new Mock Draft today. I found my Insider log-in. I'll post a few names here.

1 ORL - Smith
2 OKC - Holmgren
3 HOU - Banchero
4 SAC - Ivey
5 DET - Murray
6 IND - Daniels
7 POR - Sharpe
8 NOL - Mathurin
9 SAN - Duren
10 WAS - Davis
11 NYK - Griffin
12 OKC - Dieng
13 CHA - Williams
14 CLE - Branham
15 CHA - Agbaji
16 ATL - Sochan
18 CHI - Eason
19 MIN - Jovic
22 MEM - Hardy
23 BRK - Liddell
27 MIA - Terry

37 SAC - Moore
Interesting… Daniel’s to Indy is kind of hilarious… I guess you can never have too many guys like Tyrese and Daniel’s. They likely aren’t the risk taker types but I’d think they’d take a bigger swing as they need a star. I figured Sharpe was too risky for them.

I don’t get the Dieng live especially with Sochan and Eason in the board… feels like a too smart too cute move. I just think those guys are more proven and have as much or more upside. Dieng is the guy that is mocked in the lotto based on hype but actually goes in the 20s.

Givony said Terry was riding fast… seems low for Moore… I like him in the 20s.

Interesting… Daniel’s to Indy is kind of hilarious… I guess you can never have too many guys like Tyrese and Daniel’s. They likely aren’t the risk taker types but I’d think they’d take a bigger swing as they need a star. I figured Sharpe was too risky for them.

I don’t get the Dieng live especially with Sochan and Eason in the board… feels like a too smart too cute move. I just think those guys are more proven and have as much or more upside. Dieng is the guy that is mocked in the lotto based on hype but actually goes in the 20s.

Givony said Terry was riding fast… seems low for Moore… I like him in the 20s.

Once Murray is off the board, I could see Daniels going at any pick. He can play at the 1 or 2, so he should be able to play with Haliburton.

Dieng is an ideal archetype. I can see him going late lottery due to his 2-way potential. He's solidly better than Ziaire Williams who went lottery last year.

I could see Terry ending up in the late teens. He's as valid a pick as wings like Brown and Beauchamp, and he's shown a more developed skillset, especially as a secondary creator.

Someone needs to sell me on Johnny Davis. He's got good size and toughness for a guard. Numerically he comes out in the same ballpark as Quentin Grimes.

Managment owes us draft night for all the **** we sat through… I know we are more interested in getting established as layers but management owes us the fun that is draft night… get us a late first to obsess about damn it.

I need to re-do my big board since some of my top 30's guys dropped out. I will probably move Justin Lewis and Jake Laravia into the top 30.

Justin Lewis gives me Jarrell Brantley vibes. Very similar builds. I think Lewis is a bit taller/longer though, and putting up better stats in a better conference at a younger age.

Not at all.

He's closer to an Alec Burks/Dante Exum mix imo. He's a pretty unique player. Doesnt take jump shots at all. Pretty much just lives in the paint, but can rebound at a high level and play some point.
Think I had him mixed up with another dude.

Not buying the Seabron hype. He really can’t shoot. 20% from midrange, 25% from 3. Nearly 80% of his shots come at the hoop and he only shoots 56% at the rim. He also just turned 22. Don’t think he can play offense at this level.

Not buying the Seabron hype. He really can’t shoot. 20% from midrange, 25% from 3. Nearly 80% of his shots come at the hoop and he only shoots 56% at the rim. He also just turned 22. Don’t think he can play offense at this level.
Maybe, but a guard who can get 80% of his shots at the rim at the college level (spacing is terrible) from largely dribble drives is very unique. There's just something to be said about a guy who can get in the paint at will despite having no jumper in a league where there's usually 2-3 people in or right outside the paint at all times.

There's definitely a lot of work needed there to get him some kind of shot. But he was simply on another level from most of the players who played at the combine scrimmages and he looked like he could be developed into some kind of secondary playmaker.

Keep in mind Herb Jones didnt start shooting 3's regularly (and he was an awful 3pt shooter on very limited attempts before that) until his senior season (age 22 season), and he was an awful FT shooter until his senior season. Of course Seabron is a guard/wing/slasher and Jones is 4 who is far better defensively, so the need to prove his shooting is much less than Seabron's. There's also nothing mechanically broken on his jumper either. I think he's just one of those dudes who never bothered to develop his jumper/never had professional training because he has an insane advantage as a driver.

He has a lot of untapped potential. I think he played a post-grad year then red-shirted. He played on a bad NC State team with bad coaching. His game is 100% natural feel at this point. Obviously has a lot of bust potential too.

Last edited:
Maybe, but a guard who can get 80% of his shots at the rim at the college level (spacing is terrible) from largely dribble drives is very unique. There's just something to be said about a guy who can get in the paint at will despite having no jumper in a league where there's usually 2-3 people in or right outside the paint at all times.

There's definitely a lot of work needed there to get him some kind of shot. But he was simply on another level from most of the players who played at the combine scrimmages and he looked like he could be developed into some kind of secondary playmaker.

Keep in mind Herb Jones didnt start shooting 3's regularly (and he was an awful 3pt shooter on very limited attempts before that) until his senior season (age 22 season), and he was an awful FT shooter until his senior season. Of course Seabron is a guard/wing/slasher and Jones is 4 who is far better defensively, so the need to prove his shooting is much less than Seabron's. There's also nothing mechanically broken on his jumper either. I think he's just one of those dudes who never bothered to develop his jumper/never had professional training because he has an insane advantage as a driver.

He has a lot of untapped potential. I think he played a post-grad year then red-shirted. He played on a bad NC State team with bad coaching. His game is 100% natural feel at this point. Obviously has a lot of bust potential too.

Meh....when something unlikely happens, like Herb Jones being a decent shooter, that doesn't make me believe the next case is more likely. You could use that logic to trick yourself into thinking every other terrible shooter can be a passable shooter in the league, but we know that's not the case. Same goes for any other skill. That's how you get into Fergo level comparisons....In hindsight, Herb Jones was under drafted because he had extremely good indicators of his hustle/defensive activity. That is a consistent predictor that has shown it's worth over time. I could always be wrong, but I don't see many strong indicators for Seaborn. His rebounding is good, but the rest of his offensive game is a major red flag and I'd be shocked if he can stay on an NBA floor. He looks like the guy who makes it impossible to watch college basketball because he doesn't have offensive skill.

Meh....when something unlikely happens, like Herb Jones being a decent shooter, that doesn't make me believe the next case is more likely. You could use that logic to trick yourself into thinking every other terrible shooter can be a passable shooter in the league, but we know that's not the case. Same goes for any other skill. That's how you get into Fergo level comparisons....In hindsight, Herb Jones was under drafted because he had extremely good indicators of his hustle/defensive activity. That is a consistent predictor that has shown it's worth over time. I could always be wrong, but I don't see many strong indicators for Seaborn. His rebounding is good, but the rest of his offensive game is a major red flag and I'd be shocked if he can stay on an NBA floor. He looks like the guy who makes it impossible to watch college basketball because he doesn't have offensive skill.
You are likely right, but he's a guy worth betting on at the end of the 1st/early 2nd round, and especially in the 40's and beyond.

The adage that rookies don't contribute to winning is not as true anymore. It seems to me more and more rookies find ways to improve quickly over much shorter span of time. Tools and technology available make it much easier to improve things like shooting for rookies.

The adage that rookies don't contribute to winning is not as true anymore. It seems to me more and more rookies find ways to improve quickly over much shorter span of time. Tools and technology available make it much easier to improve things like shooting for rookies.
I think the thing with that adage is that it's more based on coaches than their ability.