What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Players I like for the Jazz in the draft so far: George, GG, Jarace and Jett.
I like all of them, and would add Cam Whitmore, Taylor Hendricks, Brice Sensabaugh, Jordan Hawkins, Anthony Black, Kyle Filipowski, Grady Dick, Kris Murray and Maxwell Lewis to my list - depending on where all of the picks actually end up. Wouldn’t hate a flyer on Baba Miller or Leonard Miller in the late 1st / early 2nd range either. . . but I would definitely prioritize all of those other players mentioned before even looking at those two.

that cason wallace, anthony black matchup last night was so much fun. two of the most unique freshman guards i've seen in a long time. high bball iq frehsmen who are excellent defenders, play hard and always seem to be under control. they each had one of their best games of the season - Black finishing with 19, 4 and 5 and Wallace with 24, 3 and 5. they both have pretty significant question marks for me, but just so impressive with how hard they play and how few mistakes they make.

that cason wallace, anthony black matchup last night was so much fun. two of the most unique freshman guards i've seen in a long time. high bball iq frehsmen who are excellent defenders, play hard and always seem to be under control. they each had one of their best games of the season - Black finishing with 19, 4 and 5 and Wallace with 24, 3 and 5. they both have pretty significant question marks for me, but just so impressive with how hard they play and how few mistakes they make.
Nice, I need to watch that tonight.

What are your question marks on Wallace?

I love them both.

Trayce Jackson Davis has some pretty nutty stats, even for a senior.

Not often you see a guy average 3+ assist and blocks per game.
Ringer draft pod talked about him… in the second round that’s be interesting.

Idk if I have ever watched him. Never really check out Indy games. What's stopping him from being Sabonis at the NBA level?
Haven't watched him really either... based on several minutes of highlight research... he has some Sabonis... I see some Brandon Clarke... if you can get him in the second then go for it. Maybe he shoots up higher but he's old.

Trayce Jackson Davis has some pretty nutty stats, even for a senior.

Not often you see a guy average 3+ assist and blocks per game.
LOL'n cause I've watched him in 3 games, including last night against Rutgers, and wondered "man, how does this guy fit in the NBA?" he's a wild stat guy.

He cant shoot and i doubt a team in the league runs him in the high post to facilitate from there, but dude is an insanely good rebounder, mega skilled in the paint and is so good at facilitating from his position.

You see him and think "he's a relic of a previous post game era...........but he HAS to fit somewhere, he's just too skilled"

Haven't watched him really either... based on several minutes of highlight research... he has some Sabonis... I see some Brandon Clarke... if you can get him in the second then go for it. Maybe he shoots up higher but he's old.
I’m totally fine with drafting older prospects late in the first round / early second round. Teams like the Grizzlies and Warriors have thrived on getting guys with less upside but a smaller learning curve to productivity.

Nice, I need to watch that tonight.

What are your question marks on Wallace?
really just that he's been sorta meh on the offensive end. not a dynamic scorer and a pretty average playmaker. just steady offensively. and he didn't become a full time PG (which at his size i feel he needs to be) until just a few games ago so i think the jury is still out on him as a full time PG.

Decent game for GG Jackson tonight -- 23 pts on 8/12 with 3/6 from 3pt -- after he got benched for complaining about his team on IG Live after last game.
Lmao, watched the clip of him complaining. Not going to be too hard on him cuz he's young but it's funny he went to a ****** school on purpose just to get the ball without having to earn it but now he's not getting the ball as much as he wants.

Idk if I have ever watched him. Never really check out Indy games. What's stopping him from being Sabonis at the NBA level
i've watched a ton of their games - he gets assists because he gets doubled so much he's mostly just making basic passes to open shooters. i just don't see the sabonis passing chops. and it doesn't look to me like he'll ever develop a reliable outside jump shot.

i could be wrong on both counts, but them's my thoughts. i do like handlogten's brandon clarke comparison too.

really just that he's been sorta meh on the offensive end. not a dynamic scorer and a pretty average playmaker. just steady offensively. and he didn't become a full time PG (which at his size i feel he needs to be) until just a few games ago so i think the jury is still out on him as a full time PG.
I disagree that he’s an average playmaker but that’s just an opinion and I respect yours.

I just see him as an ultra steady, consistent, glue guy in the NBA that does everything well but likely not anything great. Those guys are still in ultra high demand.

I just don’t see any fatal flaws in him. Floor is mega high but ceiling is admittedly lower.

I disagree that he’s an average playmaker but that’s just an opinion and I respect yours.

I just see him as an ultra steady, consistent, glue guy in the NBA that does everything well but likely not anything great. Those guys are still in ultra high demand.

I just don’t see any fatal flaws in him. Floor is mega high but ceiling is admittedly lower.
i actually agree 100% with the bolded. my concerns are only concerns with upside/star power. but if you can get him around 15 or so, i have zero concerns because who you described is exactly how i feel.