What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Colby has been the one name that keeps circling around for the Jazz even as high as late lottery esp if that is their 2nd pick. I don't see them using the first on him, but in that 14-20 range maybe.
He aint gonna make to the late 20's either with the season he has had.

LOL'n cause I've watched him in 3 games, including last night against Rutgers, and wondered "man, how does this guy fit in the NBA?" he's a wild stat guy.

He cant shoot and i doubt a team in the league runs him in the high post to facilitate from there, but dude is an insanely good rebounder, mega skilled in the paint and is so good at facilitating from his position.

You see him and think "he's a relic of a previous post game era...........but he HAS to fit somewhere, he's just too skilled"
Like maybe he's a Dwight Powell type backup. I'm not taking him in the first but as a second rounder thats a fine bet.

Like maybe he's a Dwight Powell type backup. I'm not taking him in the first but as a second rounder thats a fine bet.
yep. guys like TJD who are super productive at the D1 level generally figure out a way to make it work even if they don't have prototypical nba skills. especially if they are a legit plus nba athlete. even if they never become stars or starters, they often make it as at least rotation guys.

yep. guys like TJD who are super productive at the D1 level generally figure out a way to make it work even if they don't have prototypical nba skills. especially if they are a legit plus nba athlete. even if they never become stars or starters, they often make it as at least rotation guys.
Yeah if had only gone to LSU he could have been the number 1 pick smh
He is the worst archtype imaginable right now for most orgs sans the one's with elite guard scoring that just need paint dwellers.
He is going to be an NBA player, but I doubt he ever is anything more than a end of the rotation on a bad team type, if he never adds any shot at all
besides dunking.
The one thing he maybe going for him, is maybe he isn't afraid to shoot. But the stats tell me he is afraid. verrry afraid haha

Honestly i would def take a flier on him in the 2nd round if we got one, or especially undrafted free agent (he's mocked super late 2nd as is in most mocks), and just see what he can turn into. The kid can just hoop so you have to think he can be an outside the current mold type of dude that just helps teams win.

Ironically i could see him being more useful in the playoffs when **** gets really tight and you need any way you can to get a bucket. His passing ability is elite for his position and his skill in the paint is wild. Dude dunks **** you are like ".........how?".

I hate corner threes because it requires me to run to the corner. I stay above the break on both offense and defense so I don't die of exhaustion haha.

You're also trapped in the corner and it's sometimes easier for defenders to close out on you, since there's less space to cover.

I hate corner threes because it requires me to run to the corner. I stay above the break on both offense and defense so I don't die of exhaustion haha.
I love all threes... the trick is to just jog back on defense to conserve energy... a lot of times it will get you a fastbreak the other way... its the Boogie Cousins method.

I love all threes... the trick is to just jog back on defense to conserve energy... a lot of times it will get you a fastbreak the other way... its the Boogie Cousins method.

When Steph was at his peak popularity I was also at my peak pick up ball production. My strategy at the time was to stand under my team's hoop and catch air balls from guys shooting pullup 30 footers. I scored so much from air ball passes, but I never ran back on defense and also picked up so many buckets via the Boogie Cousins method.

When Steph was at his peak popularity I was also at my peak pick up ball production. My strategy at the time was to stand under my team's hoop and catch air balls from guys shooting pullup 30 footers. I scored so much from air ball passes, but I never ran back on defense and also picked up so many buckets via the Boogie Cousins method.
Another fake hustle move is to crash the offensive glass hard... its closer than the defensive side of the court and dummies will applaud your hustle.

that cason wallace, anthony black matchup last night was so much fun. two of the most unique freshman guards i've seen in a long time. high bball iq frehsmen who are excellent defenders, play hard and always seem to be under control. they each had one of their best games of the season - Black finishing with 19, 4 and 5 and Wallace with 24, 3 and 5. they both have pretty significant question marks for me, but just so impressive with how hard they play and how few mistakes they make.
Once you go Black, you can't go back