What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Does Dick have the highest floor after the top 3?
I would say Walker and Wallace personally.

I personally don’t see the offensive upside some do on Walker here but he has the tools on that side of the ball on top of projecting as a very high end defender with great size.

I’ve seen very little Cason Wallace video showing me he won’t be a very long term NBA lead guard for a lot of the reasons I mention above for Walker.

I would say Walker and Wallace personally.

I personally don’t see the offensive upside some do on Walker here but he has the tools on that side of the ball on top of projecting as a very high end defender with great size.

I’ve seen very little Cason Wallace video showing me he won’t be a very long term NBA lead guard for a lot of the reasons I mention above for Walker.
Dick Jett and Sensabaugh worry me defensively. Dick I think I have less worries than the other two because I think he wants to improve and has improved on that end. Jett worries me a lot in the late lotto. I get the intrigue but I worry he is a shooter and nothing else. Not sure he has that dawg in him ya know.

I think your assessment is fair. I would add Hendo to that group as 6'9" athletic shooters just don't seem to fail all that often. Even if he isn't a game changer defensively he's shown the tools to be effective and the effort is there. I would be all three are long time starter quality players in the NBA.

has anybody paid much attention to Bryce Hopkins? putting up 16 and 9 on 47% FGs and 39% from three (though on just over 2 attempts). i haven't seen much of him, but seems like he could be a late first guy at 6'7 220.
Interesting... he's a thicc boi... so I am probably going to be a fan. Someone to keep an eye on. Hadn't heard his name until now.

Dick Jett and Sensabaugh worry me defensively. Dick I think I have less worries than the other two because I think he wants to improve and has improved on that end. Jett worries me a lot in the late lotto. I get the intrigue but I worry he is a shooter and nothing else. Not sure he has that dawg in him ya know.

I think your assessment is fair. I would add Hendo to that group as 6'9" athletic shooters just don't seem to fail all that often. Even if he isn't a game changer defensively he's shown the tools to be effective and the effort is there. I would be all three are long time starter quality players in the NBA.
I think Dick will be a more than solid team defender.

I think Dick will be a more than solid team defender.
He should be. He’s made huge improvements already. On a spaced out nba floor he may struggle in the later rounds of the playoffs. The want to seems to be there and he seems like a smart bball player ( makes good cuts… seems to know where to be) he has decent size and strength should come.

He may be one of those guys that gets targeted more than he should because of his look.

Just read that a dude named antione davis is about to break pete maravichs record for all time points in a college career.
Seems noteworthy. Never heard of the dude though. Any of you guys know of him. Will he be drafted?
Apparently he is leading the nation in scoring at 28.1 ppg

Just read that a dude named antione davis is about to break pete maravichs record for all time points in a college career.
Seems noteworthy. Never heard of the dude though. Any of you guys know of him. Will he be drafted?
Apparently he is leading the nation in scoring at 28.1 ppg
he could be a late second, similar to justin wright foreman from a few years ago. jwf averaged 27 ppg on a lot better efficiency than davis against similar competition. similar size and athleticism. so that's pretty much the sort of prospect you're looking at.

having said that, every prospect is different, there is a lot of nuance, etc - but on paper JWF was a better, more productive player.

Last edited:
he could be a late second, similar to justin wright foreman from a few years ago. jwf averaged 27 ppg on a lot better efficiency than davis against similar competition. similar size and athleticism. so that's pretty much the sort of prospect you're looking at.

having said that, every prospect is different, there is a lot of nuance, etc - but on paper JWF was a better, more productive player.
I read the dude is only 6 foot 1 and 150 lbs and his team isn't very good at all so its probably just empty stats on a bad team I guess.

BTW I asked a general question a while back about the giant that plays for purdue and only one person gave me an answer (HH) and it wasn't much of one (he is boban).
What do you think? Does he get drafted in the first round? Is he a lottery guy? A second rounder? Undrafted? Not even an nba player?

I read the dude is only 6 foot 1 and 150 lbs and his team isn't very good at all so its probably just empty stats on a bad team I guess.

BTW I asked a general question a while back about the giant that plays for purdue and only one person gave me an answer (HH) and it wasn't much of one (he is boban).
What do you think? Does he get drafted in the first round? Is he a lottery guy? A second rounder? Undrafted? Not even an nba player?
Yeah, Davis takes a lot of shots.

you're referring to Zach Edey. i think he could be worth a shot early in the second round, possibly late first as a guy who could give a team 15-20 productive minutes or so. he has shown he can play for long stretches (unlike Boban) and he's a lot more skilled offensively than Boban. imo, he might be more similar to Zubac. biggest issue with Edey is that he's probably unplayable in the playoffs due the fact he simply can't guard wings on the perimeter. he would get hunted on switches and just get destroyed. i feel like during the regular season you can hide guys a bit better, teams don't look to exploit those mismatches quite as much, etc. maybe a rich man's boban, poor man's Zubac.

Antoine Davis is also 24 years old btw.

Zach Edey is the name you are looking for. 50-60 range on most big boards.

Thing is, he is not only tall but also huge at 290 lbs and reportedly slow. So perfect center for the 90s but doesnt fit to modern defensive schemes (switching, small ball, perimeter shooting bigs etc). Also doesnt shoot so he destroys spacing on offense and his size which he rides to those stats in College will be less of an advantage at NBA level.

So likely Boban.

If Zach Edey was in the draft 20 years ago he would be a lottery pick but with the modern NBA he just can't move his feet fast enough to guard in space. He might find a role as a 3rd center on a team. His jump hook is almost unstoppable. He is a capable passer. He would be fun to watch in the G-league. From what I have watched he pretty much just stands in the lane and never gets very far from the rim. He will not be able to do that in the NBA. Teams would destroy him with 5 out.

There are so many players that I am salivating over. At this point, I am guessing the Jazz will have 2 late teen picks. I just don't see them losing enough games to get a pick around 10.

Cason Wallace - He may not have the huge ceiling that teams want but I think he will be a PG in the NBA for 10+ years as a starter.

GG Jackson - Is worrisome but in the late teens he is a gamble worth taking and could have one of the highest ceilings

Kris Murray - I think will also just be a solid pick in this draft. The way he plays he would be a great compliment to Kessler and Lauri

Jordan Hawkins - Is one of my favorite players in this draft and I want him on the Jazz roster.

Rayan Rupert, Cidy Cissoko, and Bilal Coulibay - I would not complain with any of these guys or 2. Potential is there they just need to work to make it happen.

Leonard Miller - The dude could be the steal of the draft. He could also be a bust.

Taylor Hendricks - Just has DA draft pick written all over him but he might move above the Jazz pick

Jalen Wilson - Has grown on me a lot lately but I need more to watch.

He is a dude we will legit need to look at with our first pick this draft depending where it lands.

I can’t wait till he’s a first ballot HOF’r with his number in the rafters at the DC.
We will have two lotto or near lotto picks... I'd consider making a promise to get him to shut down. His stock is going to rise too high and I'm afraid someone goes Patrick Williams on him.

I love those shooting splits. Only tiny nitpicky thing i see that i dont like is that he starts his shooting motion a little low. Has a high realease though and it obviously goes in so who cares.

There are so many players that I am salivating over. At this point, I am guessing the Jazz will have 2 late teen picks. I just don't see them losing enough games to get a pick around 10.

Cason Wallace - He may not have the huge ceiling that teams want but I think he will be a PG in the NBA for 10+ years as a starter.

GG Jackson - Is worrisome but in the late teens he is a gamble worth taking and could have one of the highest ceilings

Kris Murray - I think will also just be a solid pick in this draft. The way he plays he would be a great compliment to Kessler and Lauri

Jordan Hawkins - Is one of my favorite players in this draft and I want him on the Jazz roster.

Rayan Rupert, Cidy Cissoko, and Bilal Coulibay - I would not complain with any of these guys or 2. Potential is there they just need to work to make it happen.

Leonard Miller - The dude could be the steal of the draft. He could also be a bust.

Taylor Hendricks - Just has DA draft pick written all over him but he might move above the Jazz pick

Jalen Wilson - Has grown on me a lot lately but I need more to watch.
Wallace seems unlikely with Sexton on the roster imo
GG is not falling to the late teens, even with his less than perfect stats and immaturity. But I dont see us drafting him anyway.
Murray is not his brother, and might be there late first, so yeah sure if he is, why not. he can back up the Finniher
Hawkins is becoming a streaky as F of late but he has some of the best shooting mech of anyone I have seen in a long time, I would take him with the 2nd pick if he slides.
I bet he is gone before the late teens though.
Leonard Miller is interesting and could be a decent gamble late lottery but not before better shooters that we should target.
Hendricks is a high level defensive upside prospect, but his offense is late first limited even though someone might take him a lot sooner
Wilson is shooting well, but he is pretty meh as a prospect imo. early 2nd most likely.
as far as the French prospects not name Wemby I think there is not much stopping anyone from drafting them as high as late lottery, but
a lot of better options will probably push them down, unless teams who don't want to add guaranteed salary this summer go for a stash pick.

Does Dick have the highest floor after the top 3?

No. He might not be able to defend that well at the next level, and switching defenses may take away some of his catch-and-shoot opportunities, forcing him to put the ball down and make a play. Keyonte, Jarace, Cam, both Thompsons and Nick Smith if he's healthy all have higher floors, imo. Realistically, I think Dick's draft range would start around 9 or 10.

I love those shooting splits. Only tiny nitpicky thing i see that i dont like is that he starts his shooting motion a little low. Has a high realease though and it obviously goes in so who cares.
He gets it off fast and off of motion... and contested (in college anyway). He also had a leg flare out thing going earlier in the year but haven't seen it much recently.

He seems like a great kid too... I really worry teams ahead of us will fall in love with him after having him in for workouts or interviews.

I could see the Jazz drafting Cason Wallace in the late lottery or mid-teens if he's there. He's at least a solid rotational player at a position of need.