What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I could see the Jazz drafting Cason Wallace in the late lottery or mid-teens if he's there. He's at least a solid rotational player at a position of need.
I don't .he is way to similar to Sexton imo unless Danny is planning on moving Sexton. There is really only one way he is a Jazz man imo and that is if he slides like Keldon Johnson did and we take him at 26.
I can think of at least 5 better options for this current core to fit better and potentially play rotation minutes early on.

No. He might not be able to defend that well at the next level, and switching defenses may take away some of his catch-and-shoot opportunities, forcing him to put the ball down and make a play. Keyonte, Jarace, Cam, both Thompsons and Nick Smith if he's healthy all have higher floors, imo. Realistically, I think Dick's draft range would start around 9 or 10.
He's going to defend just fine

I don't .he is way to similar to Sexton imo unless Danny is planning on moving Sexton. There is really only one way he is a Jazz man imo and that is if he slides like Keldon Johnson did and we take him at 26.
I can think of at least 5 better options for this current core to fit better and potentially play rotation minutes early on.
You've haven't watched Wallace or Sexton

Hendricks is definitely better than GG.

With the insane over hype GG got, Hendricks should get a boost at some point. Hopefully UCF can win it's conference tourney (unlikely) so we can see him in a tourney game.

Hendricks is definitely better than GG.

With the insane over hype GG got, Hendricks should get a boost at some point. Hopefully UCF can win it's conference tourney (unlikely) so we can see him in a tourney game.
I've seen enough. Would prefer they not play extra games. I really think he should be top 10.

Cason Wallace and Sexton are completely different players.

Wallace seems unlikely with Sexton on the roster imo
GG is not falling to the late teens, even with his less than perfect stats and immaturity. But I dont see us drafting him anyway.
Murray is not his brother, and might be there late first, so yeah sure if he is, why not. he can back up the Finniher
Hawkins is becoming a streaky as F of late but he has some of the best shooting mech of anyone I have seen in a long time, I would take him with the 2nd pick if he slides.
I bet he is gone before the late teens though.
Leonard Miller is interesting and could be a decent gamble late lottery but not before better shooters that we should target.
Hendricks is a high level defensive upside prospect, but his offense is late first limited even though someone might take him a lot sooner
Wilson is shooting well, but he is pretty meh as a prospect imo. early 2nd most likely.
as far as the French prospects not name Wemby I think there is not much stopping anyone from drafting them as high as late lottery, but
a lot of better options will probably push them down, unless teams who don't want to add guaranteed salary this summer go for a stash pick.
Wilson isn't shooting it well. he's actually in a shooting slump that has lasted about the entire month of february and over the entire season hasn't shot it well. sitting at 52% TS. he's pretty much the definition of a scorer who's not a shooter.

Last edited:
I’m convinced refs hate fun and call that **** to make sure no one is having a good time.
This.

Seriously though calls like this stifle real efforts at defense, Why make an effort to actually play defense or hone my skills at contesting at the rim when I can just slide in under some guy, stand there with my hands fig-leafed over my junk, fall down at the opportune moment regardless of the true impact of the contact, and get the foul. So much easier than actually playing any semblance of defense. Charging fouls should be reserved for those rare times someone does just run someone else over, not rewarding the floppers. That is one of the worst things to ever happen to the game.

both leonard miller and sidy have been playing well the last couple months. i think i like sidy a tad more as it looks like his shooting has a better chance of being really good down the road, but both guys have been productive which combined with their length and athleticism is a big deal.

both leonard miller and sidy have been playing well the last couple months. i think i like sidy a tad more as it looks like his shooting has a better chance of being really good down the road, but both guys have been productive which combined with their length and athleticism is a big deal.
And both got grown man bodies.

This.

Seriously though calls like this stifle real efforts at defense, Why make an effort to actually play defense or hone my skills at contesting at the rim when I can just slide in under some guy, stand there with my hands fig-leafed over my junk, fall down at the opportune moment regardless of the true impact of the contact, and get the foul. So much easier than actually playing any semblance of defense. Charging fouls should be reserved for those rare times someone does just run someone else over, not rewarding the floppers. That is one of the worst things to ever happen to the game.
I’ve long been a fan of removing the “charge” and replacing it with a dislodging type rule. You ever seen anyone call a charge in pickup… it’s below 99% of dudes pride and will start a fight every time. I’m the rare instance a guy gets legitimately ran over… usually the offending player is like “my bad… your ball”. Guys hitting the ground leads to lower leg injuries for other bystanders and athletes getting undercut in the air is dumb AF. This is entertainment right… yet we take the most exciting play and instead of an athletic performance we want to reward a guy for doing some WWE level acting.

Go contest the shot or get the hell out the way. At very least move the charge circle out like 2 feet in every direction… problem solved.

Also needs to be a rule... if something is fun as hell... it counts... **** your rulebook... this ain't a court room.