What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I’m fairly sure performance in close games is one of those flukey things… want to say some stats nerds have broken it down. We will see though. I’d expect us to go closer to .500 next year.
Does everybody forget the five games in a row we lost by 15 total points, or something like that at one point in the season? And we've lost plenty of close games besides that. Whatever we've been, we haven't failed to lose close games. We're just much closer to average on our close game record than the tankers would prefer.

For anyone who cares about this kind of stuff:

Jazz have scored 8207 points this season, which happens to be the exact same number scored by our opponents.

1. Victor Wembanyama
  2. Scoot Henderson
  3. Brandon Miller
  4. Amen Thompson
  5. Cam Whitmore
  6. Ausar Thompson
  7. Keyonte George
  8. Jarace Walker
  9. Grady Dick
  10. Cason Wallace
  11. Nick Smith Jr
  12. Taylor Hendricks
  13. Anthony Black
  14. Colby Jones
My current lottery big board.

Hawkins has such a quick stroke. But he’s so passive. Unless he gets the ball off a curl so he can spot up shoot, he’s completely nonexistent. He was Exum for 30 mins of today’s game. Reggie Miller for the final 10.

I know his stats aren’t overwhelming, but JHS just looks and feels like a high level player. Just based off of tonight’s game, I like him a lot.

JHS showed the JHS experience tonight. Lot of bright spots. He does things that make him look like a lottery pick. But then you look at the stat sheet and he has 19 points on 22 scoring opportunities. He looks nice, but hasn’t bucked the trend of season long terrible inefficiency.

Terrible at the rim, never gets to the line, iffy three point shooter. Numbers aren’t everything but they are alarming in a bad way. Wallace and Black are firmly ahead and I like Bufkin and Bailey more than JHS as well.

I would think about promising Jordan Walsh at 29 to convince him to declare. I think he might be the best defender in the draft.

Lauri's national team mate Olivier Nkamhoua dropped 27 for Tennessee in their upset win over Duke. He is a senior sf/pf with a decent size of 203cm. Solid defender and if his 3pt shot improves - shot last season 40% on low volume whereas this season just 30% so the great game against Duke came out of a surprise for me - I feel he might be worth of a look with 2nd round picks. He has not been too impressive but if he can replicate his jo in the following March Madness games he might sneak in among the 2nd round picks Too bad we have none of them unless there is some draft night trades where one of the 2nds come into this direction. 2nd unit defense would for sre be good with him and Dunn and whoever the center we might acquire.

Last edited:
Lauri's national team mate Olivier Nkamhoua dropped 27 for Tennessee in their upset win over Duke. He is a senior sf/pf with a decent size of 203cm. Solid defender and if his 3pt shot improves I feel he might e worth of a look with 2nd round picks. He has not een impressive but if he can replicate his jo in the following March Madness games he might sneak in among the 2nd round picks. Too bad we have none of them unles there is some draft night trades where oe of the 2nds come into this direction. 2nd unit defense would for sre be good with him and Dunn and whoever the center we might acquire.
I don’t think he’s an NBA player.

Y’all wildn lately

Walsh isn’t a 1st rounder and may not even be an NBA player
He literally just turned 19 not even three weeks ago. He has a 7’3 wingspan and like I said he might be the best defender in the draft. If he returned to school I think he’d be a lock for the first round next year.