What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I have high hopes for Anthony Black this season. He needs to show that he can run a team and assert himself as a lead ball handler, including late in games. He could be another prolific 6'7" lead guard with excellent feel for the game. If all else fails, that's a good foundational archetype to build with. I cautiously have him in my top 5 with Wemby, Scoot, GG and Amen. But Nick Smith is right there knocking on the door.
Both him and Smith will be really good. Mussleman is one of the better coaches so I dont expect them to disappoint.

Based on the limited things I've seen and read, coming into the season I'd probably rank my top prospects as follows:

1. Victor Wembanyama | FC | France
2. Scoot Henderson | PG | G-League Ignite
3. Amen Thompson | GF | Overtime Elite
4. Nick Smith | CG | Arkansas
5. GG Jackson | F | South Carolina
6. Cam Whitmore | F | Villanova
7. Ausar Thompson | GF | Overtime Elite
8. Dariq Whitehead | GF | Duke
9. Dereck Lively | C | Duke
10. Keyonte George | CG | Baylor
11. Leonard Miller | F | G-League Ignite
12. Baba Miller | F | Florida State
13. Dillon Mitchell | F | Texas
14. Anthony Black | CG | Arkansas

Leonard Miller really disappointed me in the ignite games. He was soooo bad.

Baba Miller has tremendous defensive potential as a switchable wing at over 6'10". Even if his offensive development is a little slow to come along, he should have an immediate role as an impact defender. Think Jaden McDaniels. He'd be a nice pick in the mid-1st round.

Last edited:
I'm probably in the minority but if they don't get super lucky to draft Victor then I'm a bit indifferent to the Scoot archetype. My preference is to not have another undersized 6' guard as the face of the franchise.

I do like efficient small guards as high end roleplayers but not as the main dish.
The league is trending more toward the five out with 6'-8" guys initiating the offense. It's only going to get more difficult for Scoot size guards to even see over defenses esp in halfcourt sets.

Watching Wemby in the French League 1 now. He's not as dominating as in those games against Ignite, but what I love is seeing him put his head down and actually trying to attack the paint rather than settling for jumpers. He is lacking the strength to do it cleanly right now and he gets easily disrupted by phisicality. but he has what it takes, skill wise. He managed to drag his team back in this game after they were losing with double digits at some point and they are tied now with 7 second to go... (Wemby with 20 pts on 7/15 shooting, 6 rbs, 2steals, 1 block )

Having trouble with double teams and his hands seem to be similarly weak in traffic like Gobert's. But he still scored 2 clutch FTs and a put back in OT.

Finished the game with 24pts/9rbs/1stl/2blks, 8/19 FG, 2/7 3pFG , 6/8 FTs(scored the last 4 in the clutch and OT), game high +17 and a comeback win for his team.

Last edited:
Watching Wemby in the French League 1 now. He's not as dominating as in those games against Ignite, but what I love is seeing him put his head down and actually trying to attack the paint rather than settling for jumpers. He is lacking the strength to do it cleanly right now and he gets easily disrupted by phisicality. but he has what it takes, skill wise. He managed to drag his team back in this game after they were losing with double digits at some point and they are tied now with 7 second to go... (Wemby with 20 pts on 7/15 shooting, 6 rbs, 2steals, 1 block )
It's well and good if he wants to balance out his repertoire by getting inside more. But if there's any person you could argue could get away with just jacking threes all-game, it's a 7' 5" dude that's showing a serious aptitude for the long ball.

Having trouble with double teams and his hands seem to be similarly weak in traffic like Gobert's. But he still scored 2 clutch FTs and a put back in OT.

Finished the game with 24pts/9rbs/1stl/2blks, 8/19 FG, 2/7 3pFG , 6/8 FTs(scored the last 4 in the clutch and OT), game high +17 and a comeback win for his team.

Just a word of caution, we haven't seen him play against NBA size, strength and speed yet. It looks as though his defense will translate just fine, as his length is otherworldly and his timing is good. However, he may not be able to get the same looks he's gotten in Euro-league. NBA players may be able to push him off balance.

We're going to do our best to get him by painfully watch Rudy Gay play 20+ minutes a game. Get those prayers out and working

I dont get your response? Ausar is a wing

Amen and anthony are both seen as 6'7" pgs.

I was joking that we won't be able to get Amen, so we gotta get the Kirkland brand Amen. Also, I believe that Ausar's handle doesn't suck, it's just that it isn't quite as good as Amen who always plays the point when they play together.