What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Zion is one of a billion. Maybe one of seven billion. I wouldn’t use him as a comparison point for anyone, and he’s hardly the only player with injury issues. Jon Issac is a beanpole and he can’t stay healthy either. Some guys just can’t stay healthy no matter what their body composition is.

Certainly would not consider myself an expert trainer, but I do think people are overplay the “fat” angle with Zion and its role in his injuries. The idea that he would just be fine if he lost weight isn’t correct imo, and Saint is probably onto something with the constant dieting. When you’re on a deficit, recovery is worse. That’s just biology and even though Zion is an alien it applies to him too.
agree 100%. the weight doesn't help, i think we can assume that much, but whether or not it plays a role in his injury issues, none of us have any clue. you mention isaac, bagley, there are a ton of dudes who just can't seem to shake the injury bug and we don't know why.

Dariq Whitehead is having another surgery on his foot that will take him out of pre-draft workouts. He'll supposedly be ready by the start of the regular season. However, this is going to affect this draft stock. It's possible he's available at #28, or depending on how his foot is healing this could even push him to the early 2nd round.

View: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1654507659188670464

with this surgery, take it to the bank. he's there at 28

Someone needs to put out a video of them dribbling the ball and making some shots, claiming to prepare for thr draft. It'd be pretty great

Dariq Whitehead is having another surgery on his foot that will take him out of pre-draft workouts. He'll supposedly be ready by the start of the regular season. However, this is going to affect this draft stock. It's possible he's available at #28, or depending on how his foot is healing this could even push him to the early 2nd round.

View: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1654507659188670464

What a bummer for the kid. He never looked right this year athletically. With this news I think there is a very good chance he is sitting there at 28 and well worth the risk.

Honestly probably a perfect pick at #28. Let him take essentially a redshirt year to get all the way healthy. Sorta a draft and stash. It would also explain a bit of his "meh" year as well.
Yep. Perfect prospect to take at 28. If for some reason though Sidy or Bilal are sitting there at 28 then I would probably go with one of them even though I like Whitehead more. I don't think either guy should be there though but every year we see really good prospects drop.

I'm not 100% the surgery will bump him to 28 given he will be ready for teh start of the season.
It all depends on the seriousness of the surgery but I would think his injury may scare off a lot of gm's that are close to the hot seat.

I'm not 100% the surgery will bump him to 28 given he will be ready for teh start of the season.
medical red flags and surgeries tend to hurt draft stock more than it should imo. I do agree that a team in the 20s should take a flier anyway though. Not like rookies play a lot for good teams anyway.

His stock was one of those all over the place though... I'd see him in the teens and mid 20s pre-surgery news... I'd guess he's early 20s to early 30s now. I'd say there is like a 25% chance he is there at 28.

I’ve only seen highlights of GG. He looks the part of a top five pick physically, then I look at his shooting stats, and they are horrendous. Is he just dumb?

I would draft GG with a mid to later pick. At that point he is worth the risk.

I guess there a few guys I like that have some equal risk. Brice, Bilal, GG and even Hendricks has some risk (high hips easy to push around). Oh well, I guess I put way too much trust in Hardy and the development team to work miracles.