What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

It’s not even just like sticking to your guns… it’s hard to believe what some posters think when they go from one extreme to the other… and then back. Do they believe what they are saying? Are they trolling? Are they completely swayed by by a small breeze.

It’s okay to wiggle and change opinions… but to swing so hard based on somewhat known things. He had a ****** pro day… very hard to do… and folks are like “man they set the cones up wrong”… or “Givony hates him” if folks believe the most obvious and simple explanation instead of rationalizing every mistake the kid makes as someone else’s fault it’s pretty easy to see there are issues here… if you think there are issues now… wait until he gets that bag.

I’m all for changing your mind on guys. I have moved up Whitmore and Hendricks both a couple of spots from a couple of months ago. That is what the entire draft process is all about. Wasserman said the biggest thing he’s learned is to don’t be afraid to change your mind on guys.

What I’m saying is if you go out on a limb against consensus by a lot then switch up so quickly it’s hard to take you seriously. I have been on the Black in the top-7/8 train for months and have had multiple people laugh and scoff at the idea. I’m glad to see almost everyone is coming around on him.

Similarly with you and Hendricks, KqWIN and Bilal, Bodhi and everyone who is rising, etc.

If Bilal ends up being the new trendy guy (probably is JHS) I want it to be known that I’ve like him for awhile and not for whatever BS he will be anointed with haha.
You had him 7th overall but now that others like him it's because of BS?

I’m all for changing your mind on guys. I have moved up Whitmore and Hendricks both a couple of spots from a couple of months ago. That is what the entire draft process is all about. Wasserman said the biggest thing he’s learned is to don’t be afraid to change your mind on guys.

What I’m saying is if you go out on a limb against consensus by a lot then switch up so quickly it’s hard to take you seriously. I have been on the Black in the top-7/8 train for months and have had multiple people laugh and scoff at the idea. I’m glad to see almost everyone is coming around on him.

Similarly with you and Hendricks, KqWIN and Bilal, Bodhi and everyone who is rising, etc.
You were foaming at the mouth lmfao

And it is funny when you or anyone end up liking a guy and slowly the mocks tend to agree to a point where you wouldn’t be considered “high” on him. I love Taylor but I’m basically right in line with consensus.

I’ve lowered on Black but it’s more like I went from 6-7ish to 10-ish. By all means shift some things around. With GG I’ve been like 28th or nah… but if they want to teach at 16 I guess but man there is some opportunity cost taking him there. I’ve shifted to being fine taking him at 28 but dear lord at 16 that’s just closing your eyes and crossing your fingers… no thanks to that.

You had him 7th overall but now that others like him it's because of BS?

I like him the same now as I did before and for the same reasons and opinions I have always had. I haven’t changed my stance on him.

It’s just that deeply unserious people like yourself will say anything and anything to defend a prospect you “like” and I don’t want to be associated with that **** lmao.

If Bilal plays bad I’m not going to say we shouldn’t count it because it was too hard for him lmao.

GG was a target at #16 for me (or even better if later), but have had my eyes open about the whole thing.

Quitting a workout to smoke weed in the locker room is a clear sign he needs to take some serious lumps before he’s ready (if there were any question of that). And no, I don’t know he did it, but it sounds like GG and I actually trust Cy’s read on this but am not entirely sure why besides that his draft track record is exceptional.

Hear me out… I been saying we should trade up… 15, 19 is a little early to take him but 28 is the right range… I really want to manifest the 28 for stuff and mid first round pick trade… it’s my new Jared Butler… hopefully the result is better this time around.
KO and 28 for JC and 15 is something I could really see happening.

GG was a target at #16 for me (or even better if later), but have had my eyes open about the whole thing.

Quitting a workout to smoke weed in the locker room is a clear sign he needs to take some serious lumps before he’s ready.
If I interviewed him and felt okay I’d take him at 28. I’d be clear he was going to the G league. The other thing that would sway my thinking is if he and his family hired a big agency to come in and advise them. He’s not professional enough and needs someone with clout to come in and drop the hammer a bit.

But it’s more likely he needs to see the opportunity disappearing before he wises up. I think MP Jr had some troubling immaturity that would give me pause… it’s great when these kids don’t need the pain of rock bottom to help them learn… I truly hope GG figures it out before then… but it’s rare.