What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I’m all for changing your mind on guys. I have moved up Whitmore and Hendricks both a couple of spots from a couple of months ago. That is what the entire draft process is all about. Wasserman said the biggest thing he’s learned is to don’t be afraid to change your mind on guys.

What I’m saying is if you go out on a limb against consensus by a lot then switch up so quickly it’s hard to take you seriously. I have been on the Black in the top-7/8 train for months and have had multiple people laugh and scoff at the idea. I’m glad to see almost everyone is coming around on him.

Similarly with you and Hendricks, KqWIN and Bilal, Bodhi and everyone who is rising, etc.
My colleague, Sir Thomas Bayes, has developed a theorem that may assist us when ascertaining evidence which may sway our views.

He traded up from 16 to 13 to get KO back in 2013.
Maybe the slow play would’ve been better if Markkanen hadn’t been as good as he was last year. At the least Lauri was a top 15-20 player. Lauri preforming like he did speeds up the rebuild. Now we have to take advantage of all those assets and build the team around Lauri’s time line. We can’t afford to take the next five years to build a good team. We need it now.

Maybe the slow play would’ve been better if Markkanen hadn’t been as good as he was last year. At the least Lauri was a top 15-20 player. Lauri preforming like he did speeds up the rebuild. Now we have to take advantage of all those assets and build the team around Lauri’s time line. We can’t afford to take the next five years to build a good team. We need it now.
For this reason I’d be looking into acquiring more picks in the 5-15 range without giving 9, and 16 away and only because this draft figures to be historically strong.

Wow! They won. They are in the finals being lead by 2 18 year olds.

I don't love Collet when he's coaching France but it seems like he's done a good job with this team.

Do you actually think the jazz actions at the trade deadline were those of a team trying to make the playoffs, then when we weren’t losing enough games with a month to go the jazz completely mailed it in when they were still in the running for the play-in. Don’t be an idiot.
We could have done more ala Portland..

I doubt it.. if we had wanted to move up we could have tanked ala Portland.

Also DA is very stingy with his draft picks I think we’ll stand pat.

I mean we tried. Did you see some of those lineups we were using those last few weeks of the season? Once we really started to tank we still ended up winning more games than the front office wanted to. We easily could have finished with the same record as Portland, only would've needed to lose 4 more games...Hardy was just too good.

I mean we tried. Did you see some of those lineups we were using those last few weeks of the season? Once we really started to tank we still ended up winning more games than the front office wanted to. We easily could have finished with the same record as Portland, only would've needed to lose 4 more games...Hardy was just too good.
Also DA needed to do was pull Hardy aside and have the birds and the bees talk with him…

That didn’t happen apparently.

Have we had any hint or reporting on who the Jazz like in the Lottery? I know it would unusual given the fact that we don't want to tip teams off. The easy obvious one is Cam Whitmore not sure on anyone else.

Have we had any hint or reporting on who the Jazz like in the Lottery? I know it would unusual given the fact that we don't want to tip teams off. The easy obvious one is Cam Whitmore not sure on anyone else.
David Locke, their radio announcer, thinks Wallace or Bufkin.

Thinking about where Bilal was 6 or even 3 months ago. Imagine where he’ll be in the next 3-6 months. Easy lotto talent.

It’s hard because you’d have to take him over some really good players. You’d have to be sure.

I think this draft is strong at 9 which is the only way we’re going to get him….but I’d do it. I think he has a safe landing because I strongly believe in the defense and think he has an easy path to being a McDaniels/Herb Jones type of the offense never materialized. I really believe him his mentality and how hard he plays. Not soft at all.

Hendricks, Dick, and Cason are strong prospects for 9 but Bilal has the highest ceiling and I believe he will have the sharpest developmental trajectory. He needs to put on weight for the NBA, but he’s also still growing which makes that difficult. Rookie year could be tough but a good summer with strength training will help him blossom in year 2.