What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I guess it depends on how the rest of the off-season goes. It's possible we lose Clarkson, THT... then we are unable/unwilling to replace them and we might suffer from lack of experienced ballhandlers which is one way to lose a lot of games. Even if Keyonte and Brice might profile as good NBA guards in the long-term, usually rookies are not great for winning right away...

I think I heard in one of the podcasts I listen to that Bilal won their matchup handily in their youth competition. Maybe this guy takes another step this year and is worthy of a top pick by the time the draft comes.

FYI, Risacher vs Coulibaly this season (per36):

Youth:
Risacher: 16.5/7.4/5.0/2.2/0.8 - 4.6 TOV - 52.0 TS - 11 games
Coulibaly: 24.6/7.2/2.8/2.9/1.3 - 3.2 TOV - 62.7 TS - 16 games

Senior:
Risacher: 7.3/3.4/2./1.3/0.5 -2.0 TOV - 43.8 TS - 18 games
Coulibaly: 10.9/5.5/1.8/1.6/0.3 - 1.9 TOV - 60.1 TS - 36 games

FYI, Risacher vs Coulibaly this season (per36):

Youth:
Risacher: 16.5/7.4/5.0/2.2/0.8 - 4.6 TOV - 52.0 TS - 11 games
Coulibaly: 24.6/7.2/2.8/2.9/1.3 - 3.2 TOV - 62.7 TS - 16 games

Senior:
Risacher: 7.3/3.4/2./1.3/0.5 -2.0 TOV - 43.8 TS - 18 games
Coulibaly: 10.9/5.5/1.8/1.6/0.3 - 1.9 TOV - 60.1 TS - 36 games

I think Risacher is super overrated. I am not a Bilal fan but Bilal is a much better prospect than him. Whether that means Bilal is better than we thought or Risacher is a lot worse than projected I’m not sure.

Risacher is great prospect. Let's not use head to head numbers of games y'all haven't watched to mean anything. Bilal is also a great prospect.

Head to head games do not matter

I think Risacher is super overrated. I am not a Bilal fan but Bilal is a much better prospect than him. Whether that means Bilal is better than we thought or Risacher is a lot worse than projected I’m not sure.

Yeah...I included in the intial post that you depending on how you feel about Bilal you could take this as....."man the 2024 draft is indeed ****" or "the Wizards got an amazing steal". It shows the weakness of next draft, or the strength of Bilal as a prospect. Probably a mix of both, but I'll let you decide how you feel about that.

Just throwing it out there that Bilal is wayyyy ahead of the #3 guy next year. It was not close.

I don't know if anyone's talked about this, but on @KSLSports today, they talked with Ryan Smith who said that the Jazz had Coulibaly 8th, Hendricks 9th, George 10th on their draft board, Sensabaugh top 20.

If Coulibably would have been there at 9, the Jazz would have taken him.

Yeah the Cam Whitmore slide may end up pissing off a lot of fanbases.. perhaps none more than ours.

But that remains to be seen and requires we have clarity on both Hendricks and George as well.

Good thing we dodged a bullet with him. The last thing we needed was a super athletic wing with great size that could score.
He was my number one choice. I was at the delta center for the draft and was so excited we could get him at 9. And then again at 16. I was pretty pissed when we passed.

Back