What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Crazy that people are so upset we didnt move up from 9 to get one of the guys we liked. We almost for sure would have given up Keyonte's pick. Anyone we could have traded up for I am not positive is better than him.

Yeah, Keyonte wasn't expected to be available at #16. There was speculation he was going to OKC at 12, but then OKC flipped a small trade to grab Wallace.

Last edited:
Ochai looked really bad in the G league and has been serviceable in the NBA some players just aren’t built for the g league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ochai is a guy who needs to play off of other good players, since he isn't a self-creator. The same could be said about Hendricks, tbh.

Taylor might be closer to a Patrick Williams then any of the JJJ comps. One interesting thing with him on the Lauri comparison front is that he got a lot of dunks and threes last year... just like Lauri. Its an interesting trait to get both for a big.

I am not quite sure why so many are eager to write him off. He is still long pf with some serious shooting potential that could grow into a small ball 5 type. In a year if he looks like he does now then by all means pass some definitive judgement.

I don't think people are trying to write him off. He should be a solid rotation player, just not a star or a guy the Jazz can build around.

Strawther and Hawkins above George and Wallace is WILD.

Strawther there becouse of his hot preseason shooting? He hasnt done anything in the regular season.
Hawkins has put up points inefficiently, with very low assist rate and bad defense. His 13.7 PPG in almost 30mpg with 38% FG doesnt even look like a good statline.

Strawther looked flatout amazing during preseason, and the fact that he's not getting real minutes on the best team in the league isn't an indictment.
Hawkins is at least panning out as a streak shooter. His efficiency should improve as he matures.
Keyonte needs to get his shooting efficiency up for his game to come together. He looks pretty good because our other guards aren't PGs that get guys involved.
If I'm underestimating anyone it's probably Wallace. I think most people viewed him as a 3D guard who plays a complementary role (think Deanthony Melton), but his hot shooting is a surprise.

Ochai is a guy who needs to play off of other good players, since he isn't a self-creator. The same could be said about Hendricks, tbh.

That’s what I was trying to get at in some of my other posts I think that’s exactly the case that’s why I was comparing them not saying that I think best case scenario he’s a role player I just don’t think non creators show up very well in the g league which is why ochai looks better in the nba than he did in the g league and I think that will be the case with Taylor as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s obviously early but two guys I hit on who are exceeding expectations are Keyonte and Podz. Two guys I was lower on who I whiffed on are Ausar and Bilal.

I was also higher on Black than everyone and he’s been pretty good so far I think. I had Cason at 10 and I think he’d be maybe 1-2 spots higher on a re-draft.

Strawther looked flatout amazing during preseason, and the fact that he's not getting real minutes on the best team in the league isn't an indictment.
Hawkins is at least panning out as a streak shooter. His efficiency should improve as he matures.
Keyonte needs to get his shooting efficiency up for his game to come together. He looks pretty good because our other guards aren't PGs that get guys involved.
If I'm underestimating anyone it's probably Wallace. I think most people viewed him as a 3D guard who plays a complementary role (think Deanthony Melton), but his hot shooting is a surprise.
Strawther cant get the minutes DESPITE Murray being out. He is beaten in minutes by Reggie Jackson, Christian Braun, Peyton Watson and lately even Collin Gillespie.

Its also weird you punish George for his lack of efficiency but not Hawkins who has 2% higher TS%.

Also FYI George has 142 assist points created + 103 points scored in 281 minutes while Hawkins has 53 assist points created and 158 points scored in 348 minutes.

So total of 34 more points created in 67 less minutes by George... and that doesnt include this nights game for assist created points (tracking ststs not updated).

Also George looks so much better in eyeball test.

Gradey Dick was 0-5 last night (0-4 from three) zero points and 2 turnovers in 10 minutes (negative 10)

Did anthony black get hurt? he started last night but only played 11 minutes. Maybe he was benched for the 3 turnovers? 2 points, zero assists, zero rebounds, zero steals, zero blocks, 3 turnovers. maybe he was just benched for poor play.

Looks like JHS is back with the lakers. Got a DNPCD though.

Strawther cant get the minutes DESPITE Murray being out. He is beaten in minutes by Reggie Jackson, Christian Braun, Peyton Watson and lately even Collin Gillespie.

Its also weird you punish George for his lack of efficiency but not Hawkins who has 2% higher TS%.

Also FYI George has 142 assist points created + 103 points scored in 281 minutes while Hawkins has 53 assist points created and 158 points scored in 348 minutes.

So total of 34 more points created in 67 less minutes by George... and that doesnt include this nights game for assist created points (tracking ststs not updated).

Also George looks so much better in eyeball test.

If you feel so passionate about it, why don't you list out your own re-draft instead of trying to live vicariously through someone else. FWIW, Keyonte's break-out game last night would bump him up a spot or two.

If you feel so passionate about it, why don't you list out your own re-draft instead of trying to live vicariously through someone else. FWIW, Keyonte's break-out game last night would bump him up a spot or two.
I didnt mean to bounce on you that hard, so apologies for that. Sometimes I get overzealous for sure, but its just me picking your brain to try and understand why you see things differently.

I probably should focus on my delivery a bit better.