What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Ausar is 6-46 from 3 so far. You wonder why TH got drafted so high….he was only one of two guys in the top 10 who you could feel comfortable as a good shooter in the NBA.

So this was supposed to be a really good draft and top 8 or so were solid picks. Everyone dying for the Jazz to lose more games so we could get a slightly higher pick. But I am not sure how many guys picked above ours I would trade our guys for straight up. Maybe just 1 or 2.

The Thompson twins cant shoot and I have a hard time seeing them become more than role players if thats the case. Ausar has had some awesome defense but is still a pretty big negative for his team on the court. Scoot has been awful. Anthony Black is unplayable still. Some of these guys might turn it around but far from any sort of guarantee.

Even Victor has been underwhelming and not impactful on winning at all for his team. Some of that might be on purpose but some is he is a bad shooter despite jacking up lots of bad shots. No where near the other elite prospects at #1 over the years.

So this was supposed to be a really good draft and top 8 or so were solid picks. Everyone dying for the Jazz to lose more games so we could get a slightly higher pick. But I am not sure how many guys picked above ours I would trade our guys for straight up. Maybe just 1 or 2.

The Thompson twins cant shoot and I have a hard time seeing them become more than role players if thats the case. Ausar has had some awesome defense but is still a pretty big negative for his team on the court. Scoot has been awful. Anthony Black is unplayable still. Some of these guys might turn it around but far from any sort of guarantee.

Even Victor has been underwhelming and not impactful on winning at all for his team. Some of that might be on purpose but some is he is a bad shooter despite jacking up lots of bad shots. No where near the other elite prospects at #1 over the years.
Nr. 3 pick vs nr. 16 pick per 36. Obviously plenty to improve on for both, but for now were not doing too shabby comparatively:

RkPlayerAgeFromToFGFGAFG%2P2PA2P%3P3PA3P%FTFTAFT%TS%ORBDRBTRBASTSTLBLKTOVPFPTS
1Keyonte George202023-242023-244.813.4.3612.66.3.4072.37.1.3203.34.3.781.50.73.54.27.00.70.23.21.515.3
2Scoot Henderson192023-242023-245.815.5.3734.510.1.4481.35.5.2352.33.0.784.51.02.73.76.00.60.34.45.215.2

[thead] [/thead]

Provided by Stathead.com: View Stathead Tool Used
Generated 12/22/2023.

Give it two years

Its far too early for all of them. But our picks are not looking to bad and it so far not as dire as people made it out to be. Who would you confidently trade either of our guys for above them in the draft?
I think this day and age with technology and the massive amount of information available, we have a fairly good idea who the guys are coming in. What we dont know is who they turn into.

So the assessment comes down to who makes the biggest leap(s) and who doesnt, and thats always hindsight analysis. I see George and Hendricks both having pontential to make leaps, on both ends of the court. But I dont know if they will, thats the hindsight part.

Its far too early for all of them. But our picks are not looking to bad and it so far not as dire as people made it out to be. Who would you confidently trade either of our guys for above them in the draft?
Id trade for Jaquez 10000000000%.

I agree everyone else hasn't done anything to make Hendricks at 9 seem like a bad pick. Lively might eventually get there, but I'm not blaming anyone for not taking a center when we had Walker.

Id trade for Jaquez 10000000000%.

I agree everyone else hasn't done anything to make Hendricks at 9 seem like a bad pick. Lively might eventually get there, but I'm not blaming anyone for not taking a center when we had Walker.
Miller, Ausar, Bilal have all been good. I’d still swap George or Taylor for either Thompson, Scoot, Miller, Wemby obviously. I think we’ve been spoiled with a lot of ready made guys. This group will have to learn to shoot a bit but have a high ceiling if they do. Jaquez obviously the guy that gonna be the Bane of this draft. Everyone gonna claim they had him 5 spots higher than consensus. We came out fine but the reason to tank is the 14% chance at THEE guy. Consolation prizes were the other dudes.

There was a play from Hendricks last night that had my mouth watering.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Wemby and Miller would be 1 and 2 in my redraft. After that, I think I'd have a bunch of guys all in tier 2. Scoot, Keyonte, Amen, Ausar, and Bilal. I think you could make arguments for any of them to be the #3 guy depending on how you feel/felt about them. Hendricks would be a tier 3 guy with Black (he might be a tier 2 guy), Jacquez, and maybe Jarace if you were big believer.

There was a play from Hendricks last night that had my mouth watering.

It is so much fun to see some of the glimpses that he is flashing. The same goes for Keyonte when he is out there. Hopefully by midseason we start to see Bryce get a little run to see what he can do with the big club. He might be our best 3pt shooter the second he steps on the floor for us.

You have video? I missed the game.
I wish. @Elizah Huge could maybe find it.
It was a nice move of the dribble with a really pretty floater off glass iirc (from the right angle)

Back