What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

They look extremely long, AK like.
so I'm watching Montverde vs IMG right now - Montverde is destroying them, btw, but Montverde has a sophomore (he's a big name out there so not like i'm breaking the news on him or anything) Cooper Flag (he's a white kid for those not familiar with him), since you mentioned AK, this kid seems like a clone at least in terms of a long wing player who is a crazy shot blocker. I think he has 5 blocks in this game and he's blocking jump shots. dude has a beautiful three point stroke too - so not so much AK like in that sense.

Sunrise Christian with Matas Buzelis (expected #1 overall pick in 2024) is on next.

Last edited:
they don't to me and he looks and plays small out there. in my experience long armed guys tend to look big and play big.
I'm not sure what to make of Walsh yet. I like his outside shot and his willingness to be a glue guy for this Arkansas team. He looks long but not 7'3" wingspan long. He also doesn't look all that explosive to me. Sometimes longer players look less explosive though because they don't need to jump as high.

okay, so montverde has some dudes. sean stewart is ranked #7 in the senior class - 6'8" and just a disgusting athlete. nba ready body and crazy explosive. Cooper Flag is a 6'7-6'8 wing - class of 2025, ftr. I think Cameron Boozer is #1 in that class right now and if he's legitimately better than Flagg, he must be nuts (though i have my doubts that he's better).

Last edited:
Terrible first half of play in the Texas and Creighton game. Teams combined 2/19 from 3. Nobody has really stood out to me unfortunately so far. A lot of NBA prospects playing too.

I know less about any of these guys than anyone and dont watch any college basketball.
The dude I want is GG Jackson doe.

I'm not sure what to make of Walsh yet. I like his outside shot and his willingness to be a glue guy for this Arkansas team. He looks long but not 7'3" wingspan long. He also doesn't look all that explosive to me. Sometimes longer players look less explosive though because they don't need to jump as high.
At the very least it's 7'2.

Terrible first half of play in the Texas and Creighton game. Teams combined 2/19 from 3. Nobody has really stood out to me unfortunately so far. A lot of NBA prospects playing too.
texas won, but i'm still convinced Creighton is a better team. they just couldn't throw it in the ocean last night. i think they win 7 out of 10 games against texas.

I know less about any of these guys than anyone and dont watch any college basketball.
The dude I want is GG Jackson doe.
GG Jackson is a tough one to evaluate for two reasons: he's really young (so how much leash do you give him for poor performance) and his team sucks really bad - again how many points do you dock him when he struggles, how much of that is due to poor teammates.

but yeah, he's been promising and could be there late in the lottery.

GG Jackson is a tough one to evaluate for two reasons: he's really young (so how much leash do you give him for poor performance) and his team sucks really bad - again how many points do you dock him when he struggles, how much of that is due to poor teammates.

I dont think it's that hard. He's really good and should be a lottery pick.

he is hard to evaluate. he may be deserving of an early lotto pick or a late lotto, or even later first. tough to tell for the reasons i mentioned and because the season is still young.

I have him in my top 5 at the moment. Only guys whom I think can knock him off that list for me are Ausar and Cam. He's going to be a self-creating primary scorer at 6'9".

Jazz need someone to be a lead ball handler, someone they can build their offense around. They're running a democratic system right now, because they don't have anyone they trust to score in isolation or dominate with the ball in their hands. Whether they get that person in this draft or the next one, they need someone to run the show. Both Markkanen and Brandon Miller look like #2 options to me. It could work if they're both playing next to a solid lead guard though.

Also, I'm not 100% sure Kessler is what the Jazz want in a full-time, starting center. I think Baba Miller could be a real weapon at the 5 if he gets up to 225 lbs and commits to protecting the rim.
We have like three of these players. Lol

The Jazz just need to draft 1 of these players:

GG Jackson
Anthony White
Amen Thompson
Brandon Miller

Give me one high potential, athletic, skilled guy over 6'-7" and I'll be doing backflips on draft night. Now if they somehow land #1 I'll already be in traction after doing the backflips on lottery night.

He will be , this top 5 talk is laughable. he is raw as ****

He will be , this top 5 talk is laughable. he is raw as ****
Sir Josh Primo went 12th overall one year on some of the most lackluster production imaginable.

Age is a huge factor in the draft. If you are producing at a good level and you are a half year younger than the majority of college freshman, you are going to get drafted higher than the production indicates. Then you add in GG's size. He isnt a guarantee to be available past 10.

Sir Josh Primo went 12th overall one year on some of the most lackluster production imaginable.

Age is a huge factor in the draft. If you are producing at a good level and you are a half year younger than the majority of college freshman, you are going to get drafted higher than the production indicates. Then you add in GG's size. He isnt a guarantee to be available past 10.
where is Primo now? exactly. nobody picks a raw untalented project in the top 10 unless they have elite intangibles anymore and he doesn't.
Age only matters a little bit when the difference is a year at the most for any one and done on average.

The Jazz just need to draft 1 of these players:

GG Jackson
Anthony White
Amen Thompson
Brandon Miller

Give me one high potential, athletic, skilled guy over 6'-7" and I'll be doing backflips on draft night. Now if they somehow land #1 I'll already be in traction after doing the backflips on lottery night.
Anthony Brown you mean? Or is it Anthony Grey

Cam Whitmore played his first game today and looked good. He's another top-10 guy who could compete for top-5. He doesn't have an array of moves at this point, but what he does is tough to stop. He's strong and he's got some real burst.

GG had a good game against Georgetown after a slow start. I love that he plays with consistent energy. He's got a motor for a guy that size and skill level. He's learning to attack off the dribble in a variety of ways. He also had a couple nice passes for assists. I think he'll pick up more playmaking as he matures.

Last edited: