What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Would Keyonte George fall to us at 8th?

Would Taylor Hendricks fall to TWolves pick at 16?

That would be a dream draft imo..

Walker Kessler
Lauri Markkanen
Taylor Hendricks
Ochai Agbaji
Keynote George

That’s a dream lineup going forward.
Right now those are the two players I am most interested in drafting given our likely positions in the draft.

What I expect the Jazz to do: take a dive in the standings and go after Cam Whitmore with their first pick, then hope they can get Wallace or Hendricks with the Minny pick. I think they'll offer the Philly pick on the trade market.
Just saw this post and fully agree.
I can see them drafting an athletic wing with their first pick and someone like Wallace with the Minny pick even if they need to add draft capital to move up a few spots.

Would Keyonte George fall to us at 8th?

Would Taylor Hendricks fall to TWolves pick at 16?

That would be a dream draft imo..

Walker Kessler
Lauri Markkanen
Taylor Hendricks
Ochai Agbaji
Keynote George

That’s a dream lineup going forward.

Keyonte would be the only one in that lineup who can do much off the dribble right now. Also, Taylor Hendricks dropping to #16 would be the bottom end of his range, imo. Maybe the Jazz's 2nd pick comes in at #14 after the play-in tourney? In any case, both Keyonte and Cam Whitmore should have some All Star potential.

Walker Kessler
Lauri Markkanen
Cam Whitmore
Ochai Agbaji
Cason Wallace
....might be more versatile. Defense would be very solid.

Last edited:
This is dumb. He’s just good… he’s beyond appealing no matter what his measurements are.

He's appealing, but he's mostly a 3D guy until he shows more ability to produce off the dribble. If he measures a bit bigger, he's more likely to play minutes and be featured as a big. That improves his upside.

Keyonte would be the only one in that lineup who can do much off the dribble right now. Also, Taylor Hendricks dropping to #16 would be the bottom end of his range, imo. Maybe the Jazz's 2nd pick comes in at #14 after the play-in tourney? In any case, both Keyonte and Cam Whitmore should have some All Star potential.

Walker Kessler
Lauri Markkanen
Cam Whitmore
Ochai Agbaji
Cason Wallace
....might be more versatile. Defense would be very solid.
Is Cam Whitmore the guy that jumps off of 2 legs? If so no thanks for me.

Canon Wallace .. worry about his 3pt shooting.. the list of Pg that can’t shoot is too long.. MCW, elfrid payton, etc..

I wonder if DA would go Dick over Whitmore if given the opportunity.

Obviously Whitmore's physical profile makes you believe he has a higher ceiling, but Dick is the potential elite shooter who has a good physical/athletic profile. A lot of mocks are starting to have Dick in the top 10.

There are plenty of great players in NBA history who are 2 foot jumpers. It's not as good as being versatile at both, but it's far from a death sentence: see Donovan Mitchell
Whitmore reminds me of that guy hat went number 2 and jumps off of 2 legs now out of the league forgot his name… u know him?

He's appealing, but he's mostly a 3D guy until he shows more ability to produce off the dribble. If he measures a bit bigger, he's more likely to play minutes and be featured as a big. That improves his upside.
I think he has an nba ready body and two nba ready skills. He’s likely going to be great as a roll man. I don’t see him needing to develop a dribble game to be super effective at the nba level. If he develops off the dribble he moves into an all star type tier. I’d just rather have guys that have good off ball stuff and develop the on ball stuff as you go.

He’s not just a stand still shooter either. He’s a knock down guy that can shoot with some motion. I can see him developing similar to Lauri with his height and shooting ability.

Two guys who have gotten some buzz lately: Riley Kugel and Jalen Slawson.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/NoCeilingsNBA/status/1632400622975610881

Recent talk on NBA Big Board was about how Kugel is better than Whitehead, but Whitehead will continue to be ranked higher because of their perceived pre college evaluations.

Kugel looks very impressive as a scorer. I think I saw him recently state he's coming back for his Sophomore season, but that could change if teams give him positive feedback.

Some dumbass once said his floor was George Hill.
He's one of those dudes where it's just head scratching. Had all the tools and skills, but just never worked out. He's having a great Euro league career too, so he's probably a hard worker. Some players just can't translate their game to the NBA level despite it seeming like they should. It's the hidden element of the draft that is hard to account for.

I think he has an nba ready body and two nba ready skills. He’s likely going to be great as a roll man. I don’t see him needing to develop a dribble game to be super effective at the nba level. If he develops off the dribble he moves into an all star type tier. I’d just rather have guys that have good off ball stuff and develop the on ball stuff as you go.

He’s not just a stand still shooter either. He’s a knock down guy that can shoot with some motion. I can see him developing similar to Lauri with his height and shooting ability.
He seems like the same kind of prospect that Jabari Smith was, but Smith was doing his thing at a power 5 school and putting up elite shooting numbers.

These dudes can develop in a number of ways. Might just be a 3&D esque dude or could develop game. Hard to tell from college and that's where the individual workouts probably come into play more.

He seems like the same kind of prospect that Jabari Smith was, but Smith was doing his thing at a power 5 school and putting up elite shooting numbers.

These dudes can develop in a number of ways. Might just be a 3&D esque dude or could develop game. Hard to tell from college and that's where the individual workouts probably come into play more.
Hendo's shooting numbers are better though... less volume but yeah I see the comparison. Taylor is way more efficient though. He is a better rim protector.

I am not sure if the Smith thing is a knock. I know some have written him off but he's a guy I still believe in. He's in a horrible situation and has struggled.

I see Hendo as more of a John Collins type dude just if JC was great at the things you wanted most - shooting and rim protection. I think he will be good as a roll guy in addition to shooting the three well.

Hendo's shooting numbers are better though... less volume but yeah I see the comparison. Taylor is way more efficient though. He is a better rim protector.

I am not sure if the Smith thing is a knock. I know some have written him off but he's a guy I still believe in. He's in a horrible situation and has struggled.

I see Hendo as more of a John Collins type dude just if JC was great at the things you wanted most - shooting and rim protection. I think he will be good as a roll guy in addition to shooting the three well.
A knock? Smith was the 2nd pick in the draft and a great prospect. And probably going to be a pretty good NBA player. They are nearly identical as prospects, especially when you consider how they will likely be used at the NBA level, not exactly the same, but they are that modern 4 floor spacer with + potential skill and defensive versatility archetype and will likely be used in similar ways at the NBA level.

And Smith had the better 3pt and FT shooting numbers on higher volume with less minutes against better comp.

Just thought it was weird when Ferg said if he's 6'10 he's playing like AD but if he's 6'9 he's 3&D.

A knock? Smith was the 2nd pick in the draft and a great prospect. And probably going to be a pretty good NBA player. They are nearly identical as prospects, especially when you consider how they will likely be used at the NBA level, not exactly the same, but they are that modern 4 floor spacer with + potential skill and defensive versatility archetype and will likely be used in similar ways at the NBA level.

And Smith had the better 3pt and FT shooting numbers on higher volume with less minutes against better comp.

I wasn't sure if it was a knock... there are some here that would consider him a bust. I am not one of those... just wanted to see where you were. Smith's numbers as a shooter are very similar... Taylor's 2p percentage is way better... which makes me think he might have better touch and be better as a roll man... so not just a spot up guy. I have not watched Jabari a ton this year but Silas seems to not run anything for him. So maybe he is good there but hasn't had much opportunity. I have seen Hendo do it and have success... even on a congested college floor with guards that aren't great at finding him.
Just thought it was weird when Ferg said if he's 6'10 he's playing like AD but if he's 6'9 he's 3&D.
Yeah its weird.