What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I’m starting to lean towards taking Wallace at 9 if we don’t move up unless someone from the top-7 fell. Passing up on that kind of defensive talent would be very hard to me.

I'd lean Dick or Keyonte at 9. I want a bonafide scorer. I'm assuming that Hendricks is going to go top 8. I think one of Wallace or Black might be there at #13 or #14. If not, then Rupert should be a solid defender. Same with Sidy.

I would overpay to get another pick in the top 8. I would trade away the BKN pick to do it, the Laker pick (it is overvalued in the market so I would take advantage of it now) and maybe another low value pick.

Maybe I could go for this...

+A top 8 bought pick (we are going spend 4 picks on a free agent so why not just get the talent locked up in the draft) - Taylor Hendricks - Not a superstar but defensive nightmares that can shoot are rare.
+Our own pick - Swing for the fences for a star
+Minnesota's pick - Pray Wallace Falls

2 of those players could be NBA ready already and this team bounces back fast to be in the playoff hunt next year.

I'd lean Dick or Keyonte at 9. I want a bonafide scorer. I'm assuming that Hendricks is going to go top 8. I think one of Wallace or Black might be there at #13 or #14. If not, then Rupert should be a solid defender. Same with Sidy.

I think George is more likely to be available at 13/14 than Wallace or Black.

I’m starting to lean towards taking Wallace at 9 if we don’t move up unless someone from the top-7 fell. Passing up on that kind of defensive talent would be very hard to me.

I think there is a really good chance we take either Wallce or Black at 9, I'm just not sure which one. I'm also leaning towards Wallace at the moment.

The reason I want 3 picks in this draft is that at a minimum I want to fix the weak point of the team which is the bench. This team infused with defensive talent on the bench is a top 4 team in the West. And if one of the picks turn into a star then it is an extra bonus. It would be super cheap to fix the bench with picks in this draft.

After that I would let Ainge be opportunistic in any trade that he can imagine.

Last edited:
Keyonte George has fell down most draft boards after his abysmal end to the season. He's not the typical type of prospect I like, but I still think he's got a great deal of potential. He shows flashes in his playmaking that make me believe he can be a good enough lead ball handler, and his off the dribble 3 shows more potential than just about anyone else in this class. An off the dribble three might be the most premium skill these days. Whether he actually turns into a lead ball handler or ends up more like an Eric Gordon I think he has a decent amount of good outcomes. A lot of these chucker types don't come with defense, but I think Keyonte is a good competitor with physical strength.

If he falls into the teens I think that's great value for him.

Have been thinking the same thing. Literally was watching his highlights last night and thinking of him in comparison to Donovan Mitchell who while a different player in the college flashed the same potential to shoot off the dribble and has since became his main weapon. Can see him being someone who impresses in workouts and a team inside the top 10 falling in love with him. His offense and potential is greater than any other guard in the draft.

Have been thinking the same thing. Literally was watching his highlights last night and thinking of him in comparison to Donovan Mitchell who while a different player in the college flashed the same potential to shoot off the dribble and has since became his main weapon. Can see him being someone who impresses in workouts and a team inside the top 10 falling in love with him. His offense and potential is greater than any other guard in the draft.

Go back and watch some highlights of Markelle Fultz at Washington, and see if you think there's some comparison.

Brice Sensabaugh is a guy I seem to like more than most, I'd consider him with Minnesota pick (or trading back a bit if we think we can pull it off).

With our current 9/14/28 slots I'd take Wallace or Hendricks with pick 9, Hawkins or Sensabaugh with 14, and Podziemski with 28 (based off ESPNs 'Best Available' list for availability).

Guess it's gonna be 9th best odds. Could be a lot better, or a lot worse.

Now that we know. Who's taking a lottery spin, and who's trading it all for #4?

Guess it's gonna be 9th best odds. Could be a lot better, or a lot worse.

Now that we know. Who's taking a lottery spin, and who's trading it all for #4?
If some team was offering #4 for the Utah and Minny picks, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I doubt that is enough though.

If some team was offering #4 for the Utah and Minny picks, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I doubt that is enough though.
It reviving a conversation from a few weeks ago. Give up the lottery chance we have to get into the top 4 (20% chance, 4.5% for #1) You can trade those odds for a guarantee at the #4 pick. Or just let the lottery play out and let the chips fall where they may.

Locke mentioned the Jazz needed a PG and a player like Kelly Olynyk.

We going to get a Cason Wallace/Flip draft if we stay at 9 and wherever the Wolves pick is.

Locke mentioned the Jazz needed a PG and a player like Kelly Olynyk.

We going to get a Cason Wallace/Flip draft if we stay at 9 and wherever the Wolves pick is.
It wouldn't shock me, but I'd certainly prefer replacing Flip with someone like Leonard Miller if we go big.