What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

What is Anthony Black's path to developing any kind of offensive game? It'd be one thing if he was an above the rim athlete, but he's more of a floater shooter/under the rim guy.
He’s big… it’s getting a shoulder past guys and going over/through them. Arkansas has the cloggiest of clogged courts. None of them want to shoot… if he has better shooters around him it gets easier… he’s a connector… right now what he connects is one ****** offensive player to another. He also is on a bad wheel.

He’s big… it’s getting a shoulder past guys and going over/through them. Arkansas has the cloggiest of clogged courts. None of them want to shoot… if he has better shooters around him it gets easier… he’s a connector… right now what he connects is one ****** offensive player to another. He also is on a bad wheel.
he's not a connector at the NBA level until he develops a significant amount more on offense. He's simply a defender.

It's probably partly due to his hair, but whenever I watch Arkansas I can't take my eyes off Black. He's a really intriguing player. I get both the supporters and the doubters.

Defensively he does a lot of good things. Plays good man and team defense, plays smart. I do wonder if his lateral quickness is good enough to be a super high level defender in the NBA.

Offensively he has a way to go, but he still makes an impact even if he isn't shooting well. He plays under control.

If I had to draw a line in the sand I would say he'll be a good role player, but could see him really putting it together and be special to being a bust.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Ricky Council IV looked great in this game. Stood out as the guy a team should use a 1st round pick on. I know there’s no point in using me game to base an evaluation on, but he moved up my rankings today. Jalen Wilson too. He looked like the best player on the court.

He needs to push tempo, get out in transition and pass over the top of defenses.
Yeah but at this point he's looking more like a late lottery pick than early lottery pick so he probably isnt going to go to a team that is going to give him a ton of reps as a lead handler.

I just find it increasingly difficult to view him as a PG with how he plays. I love his defense and I think he's smart, so I think he figures out how to be at least serviceable, but he also plays with no balls.

He's going to be used as an off-ball player and teams will hope they can develop his spot up shot. If he can figure that out maybe he develops more with the ball as he will actually be able to get on the floor, but I dont see many teams handing him the reigns to be a full-time piont.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Ricky Council IV looked great in this game. Stood out as the guy a team should use a 1st round pick on. I know there’s no point in using me game to base an evaluation on, but he moved up my rankings today. Jalen Wilson too. He looked like the best player on the court.
He went 5/18 from the field

Numbers aside, he had an “it” factor that resonated with me. Just in terms of who looks like the kind of player I’d like to see on the Jazz, he stood out.
He definitely could be someone who makes it, but I would have a hard time using a first on him. Seems like a 2-way guy to me.