What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Starting a new Mock Draft Thread.

No assigned teams. Full draft.

We will do all 58 picks. Order will be randomized 1-10. If you get "1" you pick 1, 11, 21, 31, 41, and 51.

DX Released a mock today:

9. Gradey Dick
16. Noah Clowney
28. Jamie Jacquez

I'm guessing that Clowney is going to shock some people, I've been a fan for awhile now. Fantastic physical tools with good defensive instincts and terrific finishing around the basket. Shooting was not great, but he can be a really good player even without a jump shot.

They have Miller ahead of Scoot, I'm kind of in that camp because Scoot's lack of development + shot distribution this year was not encouraging.

Cason Wallace at #14 is low comparatively.

Bilal Coulibaly at #25....have a hard time seeing him last to #27. If we want him we will have to draft him earlier.

This makes me think they are expecting to make a move to get someone that likely would otherwise be out of their range and they don't want to tip their hand.

Possibly. Yeah, if they start working out guys in the top 5, it would raise some eyebrows.

This makes me think they are expecting to make a move to get someone that likely would otherwise be out of their range and they don't want to tip their hand.
Or you don't probably want to tell others if you find a diamond in the rough. This is a must hit draft.

GG Jackson:
Garbage Can:
Spider_Man_meme.jpg

Sounds like somebody is going to have to keep an eye out at the airport to get the skinny on who is working out for the Jazz. Are we going to work out Miller, Henderson or the Thompson twins? That would definitely tip their hand if they’re thinking about putting together a package to move up.

Sounds like somebody is going to have to keep an eye out at the airport to get the skinny on who is working out for the Jazz. Are we going to work out Miller, Henderson or the Thompson twins? That would definitely tip their hand if they’re thinking about putting together a package to move up.

I think the Jazz would be chasing Walker or Whitmore, tbh.

DX Released a mock today:

9. Gradey Dick
16. Noah Clowney
28. Jamie Jacquez

I'm guessing that Clowney is going to shock some people, I've been a fan for awhile now. Fantastic physical tools with good defensive instincts and terrific finishing around the basket. Shooting was not great, but he can be a really good player even without a jump shot.

They have Miller ahead of Scoot, I'm kind of in that camp because Scoot's lack of development + shot distribution this year was not encouraging.

Cason Wallace at #14 is low comparatively.

Bilal Coulibaly at #25....have a hard time seeing him last to #27. If we want him we will have to draft him earlier.
Yuck… I would not be happy with that.

You dont like Clowney? He's kind of Hendricks lite as far as this draft goes.
I assume Hendricks or Wallace are available where we selected Dick. I’ll take those guys instead. Clowney is fine at 28… at 16 no thanks. Clowney is shooting 28% from three and 64% on FTs. Big part of the appeal of Taylor is shooting and Clowney is not close yet.