What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

He's somewhere in the Bouknight, Poole, Clarkson player type for me... and its just not something I'd prioritize in the draft.
no question. his archetype is easy. 6th man type scorer if he pans out - guys like Clarkson and Jamal Crawford being the optimistic comparisons, a guy like Bougknight being the bust comp. i guess i'm with that at 28 - again, depending on who else is available.

I watched some highlights of Rupert. There were a bunch where he drove to the basket. The defense collapsed and he kept finding the open man. He also split and passed through nicely double teams. There is something unique and good there. Man..he would have been a great pairing with Donovan.

I think we got a Markannen effect going on with Rupert. His coach should have been using him as the point guard. He's been misused.
I do kind of buy Rupert's ballhandling upside. He just has a tick more of that in his game than the typical 3&D wing. I was impressed with how low he was able to get to the floor on both ends.

Other than Jason Kidd, who else couldn't shoot for crap coming into the league and then got a shot later in their career?

Other than Jason Kidd, who else couldn't shoot for crap coming into the league and then got a shot later in their career?

There’s actually a lot. We’ve had this conversation many times. Reality is that the better you are at shooting coming into the league the more likely you are to be good at shooting in the NBA. There are exceptions, but they are exceptions.

Off the top of my head here are players making an impact in the playoffs so far... (leaving off the likes of Curry, LeBron, Durant..)

Booker, Murray, Tatum, Jokic, Embiid, ...

In other words "Scorers".

Off the top of my head here are players making an impact in the playoffs so far... (leaving off the likes of Curry, LeBron, Durant..)

Booker, Murray, Tatum, Jokic, Embiid, ...

In other words "Scorers".
Jokic, Embiid and the MVP of the playoffs so far, Butler are much more than just scorers. That’s overly simplistic.

There’s actually a lot. We’ve had this conversation many times. Reality is that the better you are at shooting coming into the league the more likely you are to be good at shooting in the NBA. There are exceptions, but they are exceptions.
Who? You didn't name 1 player

I'm on board with Anthony Black at 9.

Gradey falls to 16. Sign back Favors and give Kevin Love a shot.

PG: Anthony Black
SG: Gradey Dick
C: Derrick Favors
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Kevin Love

Who? You didn't name 1 player

Man you are talking to the wrong guy, I am not arguing the other side of this lol. But of course there are exceptions. Kawhi couldn’t shoot threes and now he’s one of the best shooters in the league. If you want more ask the people who say the shooting in college don’t matter.

Last edited:
I'm on board with Anthony Black at 9.

Gradey falls to 16. Sign back Favors and give Kevin Love a shot.

PG: Anthony Black
SG: Gradey Dick
C: Derrick Favors
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Kevin Love

I guess Lauri and Walker are coming off the bench?

To find a true sleeper your best chances are finding a role

Man you are talking to the wrong guy, I am not arguing the other side of this lol. But of course there are exceptions. Kawhi couldn’t shoot threes and now he’s one of the best shooters in the league. If you want more ask the people who say the shooting in college don’t matter.
Wrong. Kwahi shot 38% his rookie year...... guess what his career 3 point percent is? 38%. Who else?