What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Wrong. Kwahi shot 38% his rookie year...... guess what his career 3 point percent is? 38%. Who else?

Brother trust me I am on the other side of this argument, but there are players that couldn’t shoot and then improve. Kawhi couldn’t shoot in college, that’s what I thought you meant by couldn’t shoot entering the league. His rookie season he was in the league not entering the league lol. We were talking about Anthony Black right? Lmao this is ridiculous.

I don’t know why I’m giving examples for the side I’m not even on, but Wiggins was bad his rookie year and now he’s a good shooter. Horford didn’t shoot 3’s and now he’s a great shooter. Lonzo was great in college, **** as a rookie, and reinvented his shot become good again. Happy? I’m not doing anymore homework for something I don’t even believe in Jesus Christ.

Brother trust me I am on the other side of this argument, but there are players that couldn’t shoot and then improve. Kawhi couldn’t shoot in college, that’s what I thought you meant by couldn’t shoot entering the league. His rookie season he was in the league not entering the league lol. We were talking about Anthony Black right? Lmao this is ridiculous.

I don’t know why I’m giving examples for the side I’m not even on, but Wiggins was bad his rookie year and now he’s a good shooter. Horford didn’t shoot 3’s and now he’s a great shooter. Lonzo was great in college, **** as a rookie, and reinvented his shot become good again. Happy? I’m not doing anymore homework for something I don’t even believe in Jesus Christ.
Homework accepted.

I'm also in the boat, if they can't shoot in college, they'll almost never get a shot in the pros.

Off the top of my head here are players making an impact in the playoffs so far... (leaving off the likes of Curry, LeBron, Durant..)

Booker, Murray, Tatum, Jokic, Embiid, ...

In other words "Scorers".

Marcus smart doe

Wrong. Kwahi shot 38% his rookie year...... guess what his career 3 point percent is? 38%. Who else?

He was talking about college players who couldnt shoot but then could in the nba. Try bringing up his college shooting vs nba instead of his nba shooting vs his nba shooting

I watch few part of games of Rupert. Not a bad player. Could be someone to get and develop.
He looks like a better version of Anthony Black to me. If the Jazz go away from the traditional way the PG position is managed then someone like Rupert would be great. Get two players like him on the floor.at.all times and we can still run our stuff. And we have big switchable players as a.bonus.

If you don't think shooting is the easiest to improve on NBA skill I think you are being delusional.

I don't think most players go from being bad shooters to great shooters, but they can easily go from bad to respectable. Kawhi is one of the few who went from bad to great.

Luke Kennard
32% freshman year (college)
38.3% in 2 years (college)
48.4% this year (NBA)

Malcolm Brogdon
32.4% freshman year (college)
36.5% in 4 years (college)
43.9% this year (NBA)

Gary Harris
37.6% in 2 years (college)
43.7% this year (NBA)

Tyrese Maxey
29.2% freshman year (college)
43.4% this year (NBA)

Corey Kispert
36.5% in 2 years (college)
43% this year (NBA)

Kawhi Leonard
25% in 2 years (college)
41.8% this year (NBA)

Jevon Carter
35.5% in 4 years (college)
41.7% this year (NBA)

Patrick Williams
41.4% this year (NBA)

Alec Burks
31.3% in 2 years (college)
41.4% this year (NBA)

Grant Williams
29.1% in 3 years (college)
40.2% this year (NBA)

Donovan Mitchell
32.9% in 2 years (college)
38.6% this year (NBA)

Luke Kennard
38.3% in 2 years (college)
48.4% this year (NBA)

Malcolm Brogdon
32.4% freshman year (college)
36.5% in 4 years (college)
43.9% this year (NBA)

Gary Harris
37.6% in 2 years (college)
43.7% this year (NBA)

Tyrese Maxey
29.2% freshman year (college)
43.4% this year (NBA)

Corey Kispert
36.5% in 2 years (college)
43% this year (NBA)

Kawhi Leonard
25% in 2 years (college)
41.8% this year (NBA)

Jevon Carter
35.5% in 4 years (college)
41.7% this year (NBA)

Patrick Williams
41.4% this year (NBA)

Alec Burks
31.3% in 2 years (college)
41.4% this year (NBA)

Grant Williams
29.1% in 3 years (college)
40.2% this year (NBA)

Donovan Mitchell
32.9% in 2 years (college)
38.6% this year (NBA)
Some great data. Good work finding and putting together all of that. Changes the way I see guys a bit now. Thanks.

Dick is on my don't list so we don't have years of the corny jokes that stopped being funny months ago.
Look the jokes will get old but having Boler or whoever stumble over that constantly is gonna be hilarious. Dick prolly not my first choice but if Mr. Dick comes to Happy Valley I think we will all have smiles on our faces.

Still a ways out from the draft and I still predict a lot of movement between now in the draft. Here's some predictions just before the lottery in attempt to jinx things.

1. Ausar or Jarace will be there at #9
2. We will not have a choice between Black/Wallace because WAS will take one of them first
3. POR will trade back, but not out of the draft.
4. Hendricks or Dick top 7 draft pick
5. GG or NSJ in lottery
7. A french guy gets drafted by OKC or TOR at the end of the lottery