What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

Well we should send them back some players though. Would they be interested in Sexton if they’re dealing Murray? I don’t know.
Maybe like JC or KO. Sexton and Young is not a great combo. I actually think Sexton with Murray (even if Collin comes off the bench) is kinda interesting backcourt rotation group.

There's no question that ATL has a money problem and Collins is overpaid, but they should really be looking to solve their C situation first. They can't pay both Capela and Okongwu, and those two cannot play together. Collins can play with either one, and it will also boost his value a ton if he has the chance to play backup C. If I'm them I'm looking to Capela to HOU, or maybe even move Okongwu for a future draft pick. If you move on from Collins and lose assets in the process you still have to figure out the C situation. I don't think we're the right trade partner for them.

If NY does not do a star trade, or have one brewing this summer, where they move Quickley I think he becomes available for future picks. A preserve the asset type of thing before he gets paid. I think there is a chance he goes in a KAT trade to Minny.

I think they will want to keep stacking picks until they get that trade, but the pressure comes if Quickley's negotiations go poorly and he wants to be a starter. It's gonna require some heat from Quickley's camp to get a deal done, but it's reasonable that he would want to be a starter and also that NYK does not want to pay him starter money for a backup.

If that scenario happens, I'm hoping we can get a Sexton+Picks for Quickley+Fournier type deal done.

Well we should send them back some players though. Would they be interested in Sexton if they’re dealing Murray? I don’t know.
I’ve been mulling Clarkson as the piece going out but the contract status is tricky. If the the Jazz re-upped him for $60/3 then I think they could do something mid-season where Atlanta gets something more cost-controlled in that situation than Murray would be.

Ultimately, that team is going as far as Trae can so they’re ****ed anyway lol.

I think they will want to keep stacking picks until they get that trade, but the pressure comes if Quickley's negotiations go poorly and he wants to be a starter. It's gonna require some heat from Quickley's camp to get a deal done, but it's reasonable that he would want to be a starter and also that NYK does not want to pay him starter money for a backup.

If that scenario happens, I'm hoping we can get a Sexton+Picks for Quickley+Fournier type deal done.
I think its just good asset management for them... if Quickley isn't starting and getting paid a ton I'm not sure it helps his value.. so I'm not sure it requires a ton of pressure from Quickley. I would ask to be paid as a starter for sure and then that is the pressure.

Hadn't thought about throwing Sexton in the deal. Might work. I was thinking more picks for Quickley. Sexton's value is tricky but I guess if they are doing a star trade later you need some salary to attach.

I think its just good asset management for them... if Quickley isn't starting and getting paid a ton I'm not sure it helps his value.. so I'm not sure it requires a ton of pressure from Quickley. I would ask to be paid as a starter for sure and then that is the pressure.

Hadn't thought about throwing Sexton in the deal. Might work. I was thinking more picks for Quickley. Sexton's value is tricky but I guess if they are doing a star trade later you need some salary to attach.

They might be trying to deflate his value by keeping him on the bench in hopes of resigning him, but if I'm Quickley's agent I'm not letting that happen.

The trade can be with or without Sexton....but I think we can do them an extra favor by taking on Fournier.

There's no question that ATL has a money problem and Collins is overpaid, but they should really be looking to solve their C situation first. They can't pay both Capela and Okongwu, and those two cannot play together. Collins can play with either one, and it will also boost his value a ton if he has the chance to play backup C. If I'm them I'm looking to Capela to HOU, or maybe even move Okongwu for a future draft pick. If you move on from Collins and lose assets in the process you still have to figure out the C situation. I don't think we're the right trade partner for them.
I think if you are looking at it purely from a roster standpoint this makes sense but the fact that Collins has wanted out... and Atlanta has wanted him out factors in here. Maybe they get a great deal for Capela but I doubt Quin wants to ride with an undersized center and Young love having Capela as a lob target. I think Johnson showed he is ready for a bigger role as well. I just don't think Okongwu has shown to be reliable enough but I doubt they are ready to give up on him. Maybe they don't have to give up draft capital... but I think Collins ends up being the guy they move.

FVV opted out... to be expected.

Also, John Gambodoro out of Phoenix says Portland has no interest in Ayton.

Just a couple little crumbs.

I think for our summer to go awesome we need Houston to pay Harden... I can see Houston's space being leveraged or see them signing Cam Johnson, FVV, and a few others we might have interest in... if they miss on Harden. I could see them overpaying for some dudes and kinda messing the market up a bit.

Man there are like so many directions we could go this summer... so much slop to consume the next month or so.

I think if you are looking at it purely from a roster standpoint this makes sense but the fact that Collins has wanted out... and Atlanta has wanted him out factors in here. Maybe they get a great deal for Capela but I doubt Quin wants to ride with an undersized center and Young love having Capela as a lob target. I think Johnson showed he is ready for a bigger role as well. I just don't think Okongwu has shown to be reliable enough but I doubt they are ready to give up on him. Maybe they don't have to give up draft capital... but I think Collins ends up being the guy they move.

I'm sure they want to move Collins and they ultimately want to do both, but their C situation needs to be resolved whether they move Collins or not.

I'm sure they want to move Collins and they ultimately want to do both, but their C situation needs to be resolved whether they move Collins or not.
They don't have a center situation. They have a good starter who misses some games each year and a good young backup who would like to start but has his own injury history. Next year combined they make 29M. The following year Okongwu is a restricted FA... his price gets wild they may let him walk. If they move Capela and end up with a hole at center that doesn't work well. Moving Okongwu doesn't solve their long term money issue.

I think you can paper over a hole at PF easier than at C... especially with Trae Young... you need a defensive anchor. I'm guessing the trade market for Capela and Collins is similarly tepid. So maybe they find something they like better with Capela... but I think that convo can wait a year if they found a suitable deal for Collins.

Opting out of $22.8M. I'm sure he will get a nice contract, but wow. Imagine living in a world like that.
I'd set the over/under for his deal this summer at 4/120M... quite a world indeed.

Shams saying Pelican trying to get Scoot... wonder if Zion or Ingram is the bait. That could be wild.