What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

The Murray trade was terrible and the only reason it didn't get much publicity is because the Gobert trade happened. He did nothing to elevate the team. They paid all that to get a guy who scored 20.5 points on 17.8 shots per game

Just draft JHS, a guy who will have a better career than Murray.

It's Utah. You would have to max him
Doubt it. Again... we can dangle a big deal now for a guy that had an ACL injury early in his career. He can lock up not quite max but a ton of dough. If we throw 3/120M extension deal in front of him you think he'd pass and risk it? He could play it out on a 18M expiring and go for the 4/180M type deal next summer maybe but anything can happen in 12 months and securing a nice bag now (after you've been traded twice) might be a strong offer.

Doubt it. Again... we can dangle a big deal now for a guy that had an ACL injury early in his career. He can lock up not quite max but a ton of dough. If we throw 3/120M extension deal in front of him you think he'd pass and risk it? He could play it out on a 18M expiring and go for the 4/180M type deal next summer maybe but anything can happen in 12 months and securing a nice bag now (after you've been traded twice) might be a strong offer.
Dude couldn't wait to get out of San Antonio....

If you want to play that game, go ahead.

Dude couldn't wait to get out of San Antonio....

If you want to play that game, go ahead.
He was sick of Primo flashing him... IDK I would just trust Hardy's assessment of him. The money stuff can be figured out.

I would bet against it happening... because I think they are more likely to send out Collins than to take back what they could get for Murray. I just think its one of the few legit big targets we should be looking at.

Are we wanting to wait 2-3 years hoping a better option comes available?
If this isn't a slow rebuild... then I think lead guard is addressed in FA or trade in the next 12 months. I like Wallace and Black as I think they can be functional early and you might be able to place a vet supplement next to them. Its tough to be a playoff team with a rookie pg.

They also might be fibbing a bit and think it will take more time... but I'd expect them to be in on anyone that lines up with Lauri's timeline.

You know that’s after Lauri’s current contract expires, yes?
We are essentially on Lauri's timeline. We have him and Walker super cheap for 2 years. We can be patient but can't let good opportunities slip by.

I think if the choices were giving FVV 4/120 or trading for Murray I'd lean towards FVV. The bidding for Murray could get higher than I'd want to go. I just think that is the easiest and most cost effective way to get to high 40s in wins and a playoff lock... address the pg.

Just so that @KqWIN doesn't feel not seen... Quickley is another vet pg option that might be better and would accelerate the process.

Are NBA players figuring that out? His wife is an Instagram model/influencer who dated NBA YoungBoy.
I mean, the outdoors in Utah are getting eyes on instagram and people are moving here in droves. I have no idea what NBA YoungBoy is and I’m good with that.

As people move here from the coasts (which is where they’re mostly moving from), they are making it less of a weird, white, imposing Mormon fortress. SLC and the Jazz are not what they were in the 90’s.

Lastly, I don’t think Wade became a part owner because he lost a bet with someone. Utah is factually one of the most up-and-up places in the country and has been for over a decade. The perception of that reality has lagged but it’s rapidly catching up.

It's hilarious we are acting like a NBA player who was publicly thirsty to get away from the GOAT coach isn't a massive red flag.
Why you dogging Kawhi like that?

Look... all along I have said if Hardy signs off on it. He had a front row seat. If we do or don't do it we will have a ton of real info to base the decision on.

If we were to concretely talk about the drawbacks to Murray, what are they? I know one is his efficiency. Some don't think his three point percentage is high enough. It does look like, though, probably the biggest thing hurting his efficiency is that he doesn't get to the line.
The biggest thing to me is that the price to obtain him is far greater than his value. He's a good player, but Atlanta seriously overpaid to get him and will want those resources back if they move on from him.

The biggest thing to me is that the price to obtain him is far greater than his value. He's a good player, but Atlanta seriously overpaid to get him and will want those resources back if they move on from him.

We should take Collins with him to lessen the price.

They can't expect to get the same price they paid though. They used up 50% of the utility of the asset they acquired.

That said... if the price was more than cap flexibility (assuming his deal), #28, and a future pick (LA, Cleveland, or Minny) then I'm likely out. The price might be higher than that... and they might get it... but that's what I'd view as fair.

They most likely use some draft capital to move off of Collin's deal... as they may not bite the bullet on Murray and might be pot committed.

We should take Collins with him to lessen the price.
But then I think we would have trouble with the renegotiate and extend. I'm guessing they move one or the other but not both. One of the main reasons to move Collins is to have the space to keep Murray.

IDK... Atlanta is a mess and I'd just be calling em everyday to check in if I was Danny Ainge. I think something happens there... and I think there is a good chance we can get involved.

It's going to be more difficult to field an expensive team, especially for an extended period of time. I think sitting around too much and hovering while Lauri is still on a cheap contract could be a mistake. With more parity in the league I don't think it's bad to just be a very good team that's one or two moves away from being really good. If we're going for a vet PG, here would be my wishlist:

1. Trade for Quickley
2. Sign FVV
3. Trade for Murray

But then I think we would have trouble with the renegotiate and extend. I'm guessing they move one or the other but not both. One of the main reasons to move Collins is to have the space to keep Murray.

IDK... Atlanta is a mess and I'd just be calling em everyday to check in if I was Danny Ainge. I think something happens there... and I think there is a good chance we can get involved.

Well we should send them back some players though. Would they be interested in Sexton if they’re dealing Murray? I don’t know.

It's going to be more difficult to field an expensive team, especially for an extended period of time. I think sitting around too much and hovering while Lauri is still on a cheap contract could be a mistake. With more parity in the league I don't think it's bad to just be a very good team that's one or two moves away from being really good. If we're going for a vet PG, here would be my wishlist:

1. Trade for Quickley
2. Sign FVV
3. Trade for Murray
If NY does not do a star trade, or have one brewing this summer, where they move Quickley I think he becomes available for future picks. A preserve the asset type of thing before he gets paid. I think there is a chance he goes in a KAT trade to Minny.