What's new

2023 Trade Rumors and Gossip Involving the Jazz

I’m not up to date on the rules, but did he lose his NCAA eligibility? Also… is he nuts? Or did he just somehow get WAY WORSE feedback than we were being fed? The hype would suggest he easily gets drafted by #40. And what does he hope to achieve by being more well-known at that point? Oftentimes it is just an opportunity to get way more nitpicked. I’m pretty sure being a toolsy man-of-mystery is the cushiest way to enter the draft.
Sounds like he’s planning to spend a year in the NBL. Play a year in Australia, get paid and then try again next year and be a for-sure 1st round pick. Must not have felt too comfortable with bubble status.

Sounds like he’s planning to spend a year in the NBL. Play a year in Australia, get paid and then try again next year and be a for-sure 1st round pick. Must not have felt too comfortable with bubble status.
K, but let’s not kid ourselves; he is gambling right now. He was able to have hype and ceiling because of mystery, but he has to perform now. He has to produce. If he doesn’t look great next year he might just never get drafted.

I mean, it’s his life. Good for him for his self-belief. But more often than not walking away from an opportunity to get drafted is a bad decision and I have my doubts that playing at sketchier levels of competition or as a featured player is gonna go well for him.

Paying both would be a very stupid way to spend money as a cap strapped team. I don't think any team, cash strapped or not, should dedicate so much money to two C's that cannot play together. What's the point? It's not like they're contending for a championship and desperately need to maximize the backup C situation. Besides, they are a better team with one or the other + Collins than with both centers. Maybe the answer is that they don't want either C. It's not like that combo has been holding it down on defense.

There are a ton of different ways to address the immediate money issues, but they could kill two birds with one stone by trying to resolve the C situation. If they get lucky and/or play their cards right they might get out of it with more future assets at hand. It's just the ideal type of move to make right now.
It would be for one year... and we don't know how much Okongwu will command. Its also something they can wait and see on for the next 12 months unless there is a good offer.

Their money issues can really only be solved with moving one of Murray, Collins, or Capela. I don't think Bogdon can be traded as he signed an extension... think he has to wait a little while. Okongwu doesn't make enough to get them out of the tax. They don't have a ton of options. I'm guessing Collins trade market is more frothy than Clint's... if they can move Capela for less than $10M in salary coming back then by all means go for it. As an expiring next year they may have more luck.

We can agree to disagree here... I'm fairly sure Atlanta's order of operations ends up being moving on from Collins to take back less salary. One thing is for damn sure... they won't run it back.

K, but let’s not kid ourselves; he is gambling right now. He was able to have hype and ceiling because of mystery, but he has to perform now. He has to produce. If he doesn’t look great next year he might just never get drafted.

I mean, it’s his life. Good for him. But more often than not walking away from an opportunity to get drafted is a bad decision.
His whole management of this process is weird. If you weren't cool with the "promise" you had... then why not show up at least for measurements... create some lotto buzz that way.

At this point I want to hear rumors of the Jazz working a trade with Detroit. I want that #5.

A front line of Kessler, Markkanen and Whitmore gets me excited.

Take JHS at #16

Then free agency becomes rounding out the roster. Nazz reid

JHS, Dunn
Ogbaji, Sexton
Whitmore, fontecchio
Markkanen
Kessler, Reid
Probably bring in Bruce Brown to mentor Whitemore.

Decide on what to do with Gay and KO. I think the trade to Boston for Pritchard and Gallinari might be interesting. Gallinari is injured but again an expiring contract.

Last edited:
Here’s the other problem with Klintman’s decision: in a different context, there is no longer an excuse that he’s boxed in by his circumstances — his coach, the system, schoolwork, not being to focus on his game.

I guess the flip side is his draft stock was house money anyway, so sure, blow the house money and go all in on your second hand I guess.

I mean, it’s his life. Good for him for his self-belief. But more often than not walking away from an opportunity to get drafted is a bad decision and I have my doubts that playing at sketchier levels of competition or as a featured player is gonna go well for him.
I agree. Personally, I would’ve worked out with every single team I possibly could have and tried to get into the 1st round and started with a year in the G-League on a guaranteed NBA contract. The 2nd contract is where the big money is, so if you can get drafted. . . you absolutely should come out early.

I agree. Personally, I would’ve worked out with every single team I possibly could have and tried to get into the 1st round and started with a year in the G-League on a guaranteed NBA contract. The 2nd contract is where the big money is, so if you can get drafted. . . you absolutely should come out early.
And if he’s so confident in himself, if he goes in the 2nd round he could hit free agency in two years and make more money over the life of his career than many drafted in the 1st round.

We’ll see what happens. I’m mostly just frustrated that the draft just got thinner.

pulling out of the draft, for a fringe frist round prospect, is no suprise. imo sorta proves he never got a promise at all, not one that was the supposed reasoning to bail on any pre draft events. But he did, and now we know why.

Here’s the other problem with Klintman’s decision: in a different context, there is no longer an excuse that he’s boxed in by his circumstances — his coach, the system, schoolwork, not being to focus on his game.

I guess the flip side is his draft stock was house money anyway, so sure, blow the house money and go all in on your second hand I guess.
Even if he went second round and got a two way deal I think that is more than he will make elsewhere. Just kinda botched this draft cycle all the way around. Lets see how he does from here though... Cy can take him as his 2024 homer pick.

Looks like the Warriors are going to shaking up their roster with everyone other than Curry available. Kuminga would be a nice piece next to Lauri and Kessler. Moody would also be a nice get.
they are? I mean they already lost the head of the snake that built that team so it could very easily be they will roll into a rebuild soon. But my guess is Poole is the only one for the most part traded this summer

Probably bring in Bruce Brown to mentor Whitemore.

Decide on what to do with Gay and KO. I think the trade to Boston for Pritchard and Gallinari might be interesting. Gallinari is injured but again an expiring contract.
It's Whitmore you ******* not Whitemore aaaaaahahahha and we are not trading up for him now that others are sliding to us

There could be some three team side action in any Scoot to NO type deal. If it was with Portland then Simons would likely be in the deal... I could see NO not necessarily wanting him with CJ, Scoot, etc. already on board.

The other thing is Dyson Daniels... if they got Scoot he's not a wonderful fit with Dyson. I'd see if there is a way we jump in and snake him from NO.

My guess is it would be Ingram to Porty (I don't really think it moves the needle much for Portland tbh) or if it is with Charlotte it will be Zion to Charlotte.

It's not goint to take Zion imo to get 2nd overall, in fact given his injuries, they might not want him.
BI ,Jose, and 13 + a future protected to CHA for 2nd overall + Haywards expring might be enough